Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Gd3 auto to manual conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2024, 01:24 AM
Post Gd3 auto to manual conversion

Alright, so I am aware that this is very taboo, and there have been multiple people dog on me for even having the thought of swapping my AT 2008 Sport to a manual. However, I have a 140k mile MT car that had a tree fall on it's roof as a donor car. I received this car for FREE. I am not selling my auto and buying a manual, I am swapping it, and I will be documenting the process in a youtube video series, so if anyone has ever completed one, it'd be awesome if you could leave a bit about your experience and what you needed.
With that being said; here is where I am at:
I have that entire car for parts that is missing the front clip as well as the radiator and condenser. I currently have pulled the motor and auto transmission pulled out of the car that is going to receive the swap. I heard locally there is a supposed elusive Honda fit legend a state away that has done a few K as well as manual swaps on these cars. Supposedly, he managed to find a way to convince the computer that it was in neutral so that he didn't have to go through the whole process of changing ignition cylinders, wiring, etc. ANY information you can offer on this specific topic as well as this entire topic would be greatly greatly appreciated.
I will do what I have to to make this work, even if that means changing the dash harness, steering column, etc. However, I am very intrigued to figure out if there is a way around this. I've seen a lot of other swaps use that same formula of using the automatic ECU, wiring harness, gauge cluster, etc.
Thank you guys so much for being such a great community!