Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Anyone use Turtle Wax Black Box on there Black fit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 10:16 AM
5 Year Member
Anyone use Turtle Wax Black Box on there Black fit?

I am just curious because I bought the Black Box collection and wasn't whether I really would need to use it on a brand new fit mine was made in July of this year. Would like to know whether I wasted my money or not?

Old 10-13-2013, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
Works really good a lot of Miata guys were using it on their cars. My Fit is red but I use it on my wife's black Camry and my Miata. If you go through all the steps it takes quite a while. I actually used just the wax on my wife's car today and the Miata two weeks ago. Really nice results versus a lot of other waxes on black. One thing wear old clothes the black gets on everything.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:43 AM
I dont have any first hand experience with this product but a web search and some Youtube vids seem to say its a winner. My Fit is also black and could use some wax. Even if your paint is new its always good to have a layer of wax on top to protect the paint.

Let us know if you use it and how it comes out.

If you get a chance when your waxing it, do you think you could snap a pic with half the hood done for comparison? That would help show how well it works.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2010FitSport
I dont have any first hand experience with this product but a web search and some Youtube vids seem to say its a winner. My Fit is also black and could use some wax. Even if your paint is new its always good to have a layer of wax on top to protect the paint.

Let us know if you use it and how it comes out.

If you get a chance when your waxing it, do you think you could snap a pic with half the hood done for comparison? That would help show how well it works.
yeah I will, and I should've done it yesterday, it was real nice but ended up having to do other things so I couldn't but maybe the rest of the week will be nice.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:37 AM
Great! I look forward to seeing the results. Ill be buffing and waxing mine before winter sets in to protect the paint a little from the salt.