Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Bought a used Fit, any idea what HID brand this is?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Smile Bought a used Fit, any idea what HID brand this is?

Hey guys, new to the forum.

I just bought a used 2012 Honda Fit and the driver's side headlight is out. Upon attempting to have it replaced it would seem that the previous owner had installed a HID conversion kit. I need to get a new bulb for it but I've never had a car that had more than candlesticks for headlights so I have no idea where to look for these kinds of things. I'm going to include a picture of it, my Google Fu was weak this time and besides the "PING XY" there are no serial numbers or identification on the assembly. Anyone out there know what this is and where I can replace it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to being an active part of the community.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
bulbs

I'm surprised no one flamed you for the HID conversion without retrofitting...anyways I'd recommend finding a shop closeby so you can always stop by if there are issues.

If you are doing it yourself:kudos....but with HID's it could be the bulb or the ballast, and you cant really just buy them seperately.

Here is the place I ordered 2 sets from: https://tspny.com

Price was reasonable enough ($50) and the 43k was perfect enough that I've had no issues in NYC, where every suv and livery cab seems to have HID blues!

good luck

Old 05-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Santiad
I'm surprised no one flamed you for the HID conversion without retrofitting...anyways I'd recommend finding a shop closeby so you can always stop by if there are issues.

If you are doing it yourself:kudos....but with HID's it could be the bulb or the ballast, and you cant really just buy them seperately.

Here is the place I ordered 2 sets from: https://tspny.com

Price was reasonable enough ($50) and the 43k was perfect enough that I've had no issues in NYC, where every suv and livery cab seems to have HID blues!

good luck
sorry for the minor highjack.....I know those types that flame others...but not all HID's are created equal, there are some for example that have a cut off shield those work perfectly fine without a projector.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
Can you post a better picture it may help hard to make out the lights? Also welcome to the forum.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:30 AM
5 Year Member
Go back to halogens. Problem solved.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Former Vendor
Lightbulb HID Troubleshooting

Originally Posted by FITepsilon
Hey guys, new to the forum.

I just bought a used 2012 Honda Fit and the driver's side headlight is out. Upon attempting to have it replaced it would seem that the previous owner had installed a HID conversion kit. I need to get a new bulb for it but I've never had a car that had more than candlesticks for headlights so I have no idea where to look for these kinds of things. I'm going to include a picture of it, my Google Fu was weak this time and besides the "PING XY" there are no serial numbers or identification on the assembly. Anyone out there know what this is and where I can replace it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to being an active part of the community.

I see this post is a few months old now, but I just discovered it, so I thought I'd answer the question.

All Honda Fit sold in North America from 2007 to 2012 have 9003 Dual Beam bulbs, which incorporate the high and low beam in one bulb.

Often, when a headlight is out the person doing the repair will assume it's a bad bulb, but more often it's actually a bad ballast. HID Ballasts and Bulbs can be purchased separately - there's no need to replace the whole kit. The parts are also interchangeable - so long as you have the same wattage bulbs and ballasts and the same color temperature you can order from another company.

Here's a video showing how to troubleshoot a faulty HID kit:

Attached Images     

Last edited by MotorFiend.com; 07-08-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Former Vendor
HID Products

MotorFiend.com can supply all HID products, including bulbs, ballasts or complete kits. Visit us here: Hid Lights - Motor Hid Kits - HID Headlight Kits - Aftermarket Parts.