Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Autoglym line car care products video review

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
Autoglym line car care products video review

Hi all. Yesterday, I shampooed, polished and cleaned my car using mainly expensive Autoglym brand products. I thought it might be overkill but I haven't had the chance to try out different products and didn't feel like making the job more of a PITA than it had to be, so I got good products.

Please note I was also interested in getting Meguire products (as to the many glowing reviews on fitfreak) but I was told that if applied in the cold, many of the liquid type products that were available would crack...

After I was done, I was really impressed by the shine. Not too glassy a shine, more of a silky lustre. Really looks smart with the metallic paint job, dunno how it would fare on a black car. I felt inspired so I shot a quick review for you guys.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member
Good review. I have yet to find a "touchless" wheel cleaner that does a better job than that. I have tried a few products (including Meguiar's) and have gotten similar results. To minimize scratching I usually apply the cleaner then rinse then re-apply and lightly agitate with either a microfiber mitt or soft bristled brush for a complete clean.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
I can dig it. I wish that we could've actually seen some of the process/application to physically see what you were explaining and before/after kind of shot, but still pretty informal as far as explaining the function of everything.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xTravisxEdgex
I can dig it. I wish that we could've actually seen some of the process/application to physically see what you were explaining and before/after kind of shot, but still pretty informal as far as explaining the function of everything.
I hear ya, man! Good criticism. I'm no Martin Scorcese that's for sure

I'll do a step by step next time which will probably be in a few months because you can't wash your car when the temperature is near 0 celsius (freezing)!

Old 11-07-2012, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
Good review. I have yet to find a "touchless" wheel cleaner that does a better job than that. I have tried a few products (including Meguiar's) and have gotten similar results. To minimize scratching I usually apply the cleaner then rinse then re-apply and lightly agitate with either a microfiber mitt or soft bristled brush for a complete clean.
I went ahead and bought Mothers brand rim and metal polish. It had rave reviews so I'll give it a try. Apparently you can use it on anything so I might try and give my HFP muffler a rub with that stuff.

I understand it's not the same product as a cleaner; it's a polish. I still hope it'll give a better shinier result than the black magic wheel cleaner spray, hopefully it will improve the slight marks of corrosion on my wheels.