Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Paint protection

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 11:37 AM
Paint protection

Has anyone had any experience with Perma Finish? The company claims that it keeps cars 'like new' and you never have to wax. If anyone has any experience let me know. Was the priice worth it?
www.permafinish.com

Old 07-30-2006, 03:37 AM
paint protection

hey dude, i dont believe any of those paint protection business, i bought this NuFinish car wax and polishes it 2x a year, i think its better than those paint protection because you can see those swirlings on your paint work.

Old 07-30-2006, 04:24 PM
I know a lot of dealerships are starting to sell people on those things where "you never have to wax" because it supposedly makes your paint invincible. I detailed a 3 year old Honda Pilot a couple of months ago that had that "protection" and i found several very small rust spots already forming on the roof. So yeah, it's most likely BS.

Tre

Old 07-30-2006, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jazzupman
hey dude, i dont believe any of those paint protection business, i bought this NuFinish car wax and polishes it 2x a year, i think its better than those paint protection because you can see those swirlings on your paint work.
Be careful with NuFinish, it contains a lot of abrasives. You can do a lot better with other brands, such as Black Magic Wet Wax, or Maguire NXT. The reason Nu Finish works so well is because its actually working like a polisher and cutting into your clear coat to resmoothen the surface. You don't need this on a new car unless you like thinning out your clear coat in the long run. The products I mentioned are over the counter products. If you're serious about waxing, www.autopia.com has a lot of good info and sites where you can get really great products that will last as long as Nu Finish does, without cutting into your coat.

Andy

Old 07-30-2006, 10:00 PM
if you're not conviced with the "wax" or "paint protection" checkout
www.stoproadrash.com they have this product that "stops chips and scrapes....Havn't tride their product yet but i made some signage for them...check them out if it works for you.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by docjim2
Has anyone had any experience with Perma Finish? The company claims that it keeps cars 'like new' and you never have to wax. If anyone has any experience let me know. Was the priice worth it?
Perma Finish Paint Preserver and Restorer for Cars, Boats or Airplanes
I'm using "Xylon" a similar product I suppose. I don't know if it works any better than wax or not yet. Too early to tell! I do know it came with a five year warranty for chips and scratches and dings. I guess time will tell. I have seen other posts in here about chips and paint peels already and I feel good knowing for five years I will be covered in having them fixed if need be.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Is cheaper than painting?

Old 02-20-2007, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
Question???

Could someone PLEASE tell me what's with the weird guy/person? dancing behind the lawnmower?!? Is this a YouTube thing or what? Thanx