Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

jerks lured raccoons to my car...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Unhappy jerks lured raccoons to my car...

long story short...some ass left mcdonald's bag with leftover fries in it and guess who likes mcdonald fries more than me...yea friken raccoons. so wut is left behind after trying to scare the bastards away off the top of my car, yea not hood but top of my fit, (failed btw and was late to class, intersting excuse for class tho) are not so deep scratches and thank god no pee or poop. (would of set fire to the car of the one who put that mcdonalds on my ride) anyone noes a good scratch repair method that wont sink my wallet with the rest of the government's debt. Im a college student and that means i wont be making money till 10 years after grad lol. so any good stuff under $50 to fix it a bit? not to mention almost no money, very limited resources. thank you ff

Old 11-09-2011, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
Are the scratches down to the metal? If so, hit them with brush-on primer, then touch-up paint, right away. PREVENT RUST.

If they are just surface scratches, you could brush-paint them with factory touch up. Use several applications...the idea is to build the paint up higher than the surrounding surface, then sand it smooth.

Then wet-sand, and polish...as long as the paint is a good match, the polished paint will be almost invisible.

For details on wet sanding technique, just Google it. Come back here is you have any questions.

If you aqre nervous about doing this on your Fit, you could take any old painted panel, scratch it, and "practice" refinishing it.

Last edited by Carbuff2; 11-09-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
Pics lol. Sucks homie

Old 11-09-2011, 11:25 PM
thx carbuff2 gonna be on that this weekend, its not down to metal luckily and it isnt deep, mostly just a lot of scratches, gonna detail the shit out of my ride. bought it used and after first rainfall got dirty real quick (so much construction around here).
and sorry speed dont have pics, that is if ur talking about me staring at the raccoons down. one im not used to raccoons, (from hawaii so no small furry creatures that much), two i was freakin out and trying to scare the damn things, and three i was really late for class...next time this ever happens (probably will) imma take pics