Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Install the Fujita M/T CAI in a A/T (not recommended)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
Install the Fujita M/T CAI in a A/T (not recommended)

Here is the step by step process of the installation of the Fujita Cold Air intake into a Fit Sport A/T.

note this is potentially dangerous and anyone who follows this do so at their own risk!!

Performing this may void Factory Warranty!! At your Risk!!

Unclip Air filter holder and remove cover

Remove Stuff

Remove clip on rad support and remove rubber fender fresh air duct

Looks like this removed

loosen two 10 mm bolts ONE

TWO

Loosen the Throttle body clamp to air box

Disconnect hoses

Remove IAT sensor

like this it pulls out of rubber gromet

remove whole box assembly and it will look like this

If you have these nifty hose capper-offers (pinchers) to stop cooland on the TB Line and the manifold side

remove the lines from the TB and the Valve cover

there is the pic of the nipple just below this hose, the other side must come off, just follow the hose from the one you took off and you can't miss this one even though it is hard to see in the pic

Add hose that comes with the kit as a replacement

after connecting to TB should look like this

Jack car on Left front side, chock the wheels in the back, and e-brake, and use jack stands to support the car after jacking!!! (note this is potentially dangerous and anyone who follows this do so at their own risk!!)

Take 10 mm bolt out of the Trans cooler line bracket to trans so that you can bend it out of the way (this is the part of the A/T intake installation that fujita did not expect and thus why it is only recommended for the Manual Transmission)

Bend this downward!!

Bottom left side un bolt

Unscrew that shiny screw!!

Attach intake to TB and fish it down there towards the wheel well where you removed the screw! Note looking into the are where the fog light is from the fenderwell, you will have to cut an L shaped piece of plastic out.... Sorry no pics, refer to instructions in the Box!@

Install sensor

bolt down intake and install hoses

see hoses

should look like this!!! TA DA!!!

BAD AREA!!! B/C it's an automatic!! and why Fujita is working something out!! So just wait if you don't want to bend and have the intake rub up against the tranny

Custom fit that aluminum arm into stock bolt hole!! Raise it up with washers!

Put the Filter on

You are done!! Just bolt up the two bolts underneith the car!! and tuck the fenderwell area back in and you are in business!!

Have fun i'm tired! need a Beer!!1

Old 06-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
when I did mine.. it came through at the bottom and I had to cut away some of the plastic underneath.. uh.. now iam really confused was I supposed to do that?mine is M/T btw

Old 06-09-2006, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
Very nice pics of my car!

So far the Fujita CAI works VERY WELL in my car, however the kit I purchased CA-1924 is made for a MANUAL TRANSMISSION Honda Fit...yes you can get it to fit into an AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION equipped Honda Fit but it isn't ideal and is a pain in the @ss to install!!!!!!!!!

My shiny polished tube got scratched to pieces trying to squeeze it into the engine bay. Also, the radiator cap is rubbing against the CAI tube and on a short road trip from Long Island to Conneticut and back, I noticed the cap worked loose from rubbing against the CAI tube and I lost some radiator coolant.

FUJITA is currently working on a solution for the AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION equipped Honda Fit - they mentioned it will be a Short Ram Intake due to space considerations. I hope to try it out as soon as it becomes available.

Old 06-09-2006, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
Yup what WAVE said!!

And Yup i installed this intake you see depicted about onto WAVE's vehicle here on the EAST Coast Long island, Where coincidentally there is going to be a FIT meet this weekend Sunday June 11th at 12:00 noon at Sunken Meadows State Park!!

Pluggin the MEET!!!

Old 06-09-2006, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
ATTN: Silverworm

I stated if you read before each pic.

Sorry i guess we were frustrated from the FIT of the intake on the automatic towards the end we didn't take as many pics!

Attach intake to TB and fish it down there towards the wheel well where you removed the screw! Note looking into the are where the fog light is from the fenderwell, you will have to cut an L shaped piece of plastic out.... Sorry no pics, refer to instructions in the Box!@
Maybe WAVE does have a pic of the cutting? do you WAVe?

Old 06-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Master FitFreaker
wow nice write up with pics man thanks

Old 06-09-2006, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
no prob any time! What are FitFreaks For!

Old 06-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Very nice write up. Good Job!

Old 06-09-2006, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation

Originally Posted by gettinafit
Maybe WAVE does have a pic of the cutting? do you WAVe?
Nope, sorry by that time I was fairly frustrated and hungry even though you were doing the majority of the physical work!

Also I want to state that:

IN NO WAY AM I BAD MOUTHING FUJITA IN THIS OR ANY RELATED THREADS IN REGARDS TO THEIR COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM FOR THE HONDA FIT!!!

In my excitement to "hook up my new car" I didn't realize the possibility of it not fitting 100%. I will say that I am very happy with the performance difference after installing the FUJITA CAI and encourage anyone considering it for their MANUAL TRANSMISSION Honda Fit.

I eagerly await the FUJITA Intake system for the auto's!

Old 06-09-2006, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
True True, it does feel mad nice for WAVE's A/T though....!!!!

Old 06-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
nice write-up

Old 06-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Iam still confused... was I supposed to cut anything from the bottom of the car? did I ruin my car?

Old 06-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Someone that Posts too much
won't it end up cutting a gapping hole in the intake with the constant movement of the tranny / engine?

-joe

Old 06-10-2006, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sillypuddy
won't it end up cutting a gapping hole in the intake with the constant movement of the tranny / engine?

-joe
I'll let you know if it happens.

So far it seems to be holding up pretty good.

Old 06-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wave
Nope, sorry by that time I was fairly frustrated and hungry even though you were doing the majority of the physical work!

Also I want to state that:

IN NO WAY AM I BAD MOUTHING FUJITA IN THIS OR ANY RELATED THREADS IN REGARDS TO THEIR COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM FOR THE HONDA FIT!!!

In my excitement to "hook up my new car" I didn't realize the possibility of it not fitting 100%. I will say that I am very happy with the performance difference after installing the FUJITA CAI and encourage anyone considering it for their MANUAL TRANSMISSION Honda Fit.

I eagerly await the FUJITA Intake system for the auto's!
So there was some cutting involved?

Old 06-11-2006, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
Um,sliverworm,if you read what gettinafit wrote up,he does say you are supposed to cut a piece out.It also says so in the instructions with the intake and it even shows a picture.So yes,you were supposed to cut a piece off.

Old 06-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
i know but it just didnt feel right chopping up my baby!

Old 06-13-2006, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry for the late reply, But yes cutting the plastic was necessary! The piping can't fit into the left front most corner of the bumper without cutting!

Don't worry you con't miss the piece!

Old 03-22-2007, 11:23 PM
so did everything come with the FUJITA CAI kit that you needed? hoses, bolts, washers, etc? or did you have to go out and buy some?

i just bought the fujita CAI and i'm going to be trying this, so i might PM you for help!

Old 03-22-2007, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
I hope you have an M/T Fit. If not sell that one and get the Injen CAI for A/T. At least it is made for the A/T.

Model # SP1511

http://www.injen.com/galleries/produ...11_product.jpg

If you have a M/T Fit then the Fujita CAI is FIne, That's what I have on my M/T Fit.

Quick Reply: Install the Fujita M/T CAI in a A/T (not recommended)