Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Side Mirror Replacement trouble

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Side Mirror Replacement trouble

So last week, I backed up out of my driveway with my 3 weeks-old-to-me Fit, and forgot that the garbage can was at the end of the driveway. Knocked the driver's side mirror off like it was nothing.

I dealt with taping it on for the rest of the week (classy, I know) while I ordered a replacement from billkayhonda.com and waited for it to arrive. It showed up yesterday. I installed it last night in the middle of a snowstorm. Installation went great (aside from one nut that got dropped inside the door). So, what's the problem?

The electronic part of the mirror doesn't work. I'm sure I plugged it it right, and the passenger-side mirror still works. Any ideas, beyond a bum mirror?

Old 05-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Maybe the little bolts and gears that has the motor inside the mirror are broken, they have little small claws that revolve with a kind of endless nut, and thats how the mirror moves on his axis.
Replace that piece too, this because days ago I repaired and was really MAJOR SURGERY, at the end wasnt the result I expected.
Regards.

Javier