Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

mother-[bleep] paint -.- help me?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 10:06 PM
HID Addict
mother-[bleep] paint -.- help me?

this happened over the summer: i wanted to paint my garage so i take the car outside to avoid paint on the car. all i used was primer, i could care less about color. so la la la la im paintin the garage walls n ceiling. im done. and i let it dry for a couple hours and i bring the car in (i think it was because rain was coming) and i let it sit there. couple days later i see white spots on my car!! wtf is it!?! not bird left overs, but paint! white primer paint! wtf -.- it stands out alot everytime i see it and scratchin it off doesn't help (forget chisels lol), wiping it off didnt help either, i really really really want to avoid paint thinner and avoid a paint job (please, who paints thier whole car just to fix 1 sq feet?) theres 3 spots and then theres drips. below is a picture of what im talking about. anythin to fix er up?

Name:  Picture019.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  37.2 KB

Old 11-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Ouch, Bro!

...Goo-Gone?

"Orange..., something or other," with natural orange stuff (organic?).

It looks like its only on the bumper, so I'd try a bit of Goo-Gone under the bumper, where you really can't see, to see if it removes the factory finish first, and hope that it doesn't!

Old 11-08-2008, 10:15 PM
HID Addict
yea its on the bumper, thankfully its right smack-dab under the bumper seam, anyone want to commit insurace fraud n rear end me? ill see wat i can do with goo-gone bro

Old 11-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rubba Burna
yea its on the bumper, thankfully its right smack-dab under the bumper seam, anyone want to commit insurace fraud n rear end me? ill see wat i can do with goo-gone bro
OK! ...just don't tell anybody

Old 11-09-2008, 09:00 AM
5 Year Member
If it is truly just blobs of paint on top of the Fit's paint, you could try Paint Cleaning Clay as well....

The Clay will knock off the foreign substance mechanically....with no danger of damaging the rest of your Fit's paint.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:36 AM
HID Addict
huh, i guess i could try that, dont know the first thing to using clay on a car tho. will look for DYIs

Old 11-09-2008, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
It's easy to use Paint Cleaning Clay. You simply wash the car, then apply a lubricant (like detailing spray, or, just soapy, clean water) to the area you are cleaning. Rub a quarter-sized bit of Clay with back and forth motions (no pressure---the weight of your hand will do).

For normal road grit, you can feel the clay moving smoothly after 3 or 4 swipes. For your paint damage, I'd do a few swipes then knead the clay to a new surface and repeat.

Autopia or Detail City are good places on the 'net to get DIYs on paint cleaning. Many body shops use Clay to remove overspray after repairs...