Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Touch Up Paint, You know you need it...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
Touch Up Paint, You know you need it...

Well after a few quick searches, I didn't find much on the Blackberry Pearl touch up paint that I'm looking for. But for those of you who have other colors, this seems to be the best link I've found so far. Touch Up Paint Honda Maint. - $7.69

But if anyone knows where to get a good deal on touch up paint for the BBP please let me know as I am a cheap ass and don't like giving money to my local dealer.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
Best place I know is tower paint. They match your cars color better than the factory. My brother bough his touch up from the factory and it was a shade off.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
I'll give it a shot. Anyone have tips on how to use touch up paint the right way?

Old 06-17-2008, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
Use a syringe, matching the gauge of the needle with the thickness of the scratch. As gauge of needle goes up, size of needle goes down.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:46 PM
toothpick

Originally Posted by Mugen Mojo
I'll give it a shot. Anyone have tips on how to use touch up paint the right way?
Most fanatics use a very tiny brush bought from an art supply place or a toothpick. The factory Blackberry Pearl works fine if you fanatically shake it up but DON'T use the included brush. You might go to the site of a product line called Langka (google) were they'll give pointers on the subtleties of repairing metallics and pearlescent paints. The langka "blob remover" works pretty well and Mothers offers a similar product. With Blackberry Pearl you might want to begin refining your chip repair techniques. The chips will never end if you actually drive your car. It's a gorgeous color and quite a pain in the rear to keep perfect.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the leads on technique. I'll have to practice on something else before I start on mine.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:45 AM
high maintenance

Thanks for the leads on technique. I'll have to practice on something else before I start on mine.
No problem. It's almost like having a high maintenance GF. Gorgeous but at times I wish the neighbor owned it so I could admire it and he could take care of it. Google for "chip repair" and you'll find a lot of data about the "art". Keeping it clean is also quite hard as the bugs become more prevalent.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:38 PM
The nose of our Fits really seem to eat rock chips don't they? It makes me sad anytime I go near the hood of the car. I'll be needing to get some paint myself for my vivid blue pearl Fit as there appears to be some surface rust coming through on one of the chips on my hood. Damn rock hauling trucks!! ARGH!! Anyone got anymore links/prices?

Old 06-18-2008, 06:01 PM
I didnt look at the price but ColorRite Touch-Up & Refinish Paints - ColorRite has paint for just about everything.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
Tide Water Blue Paint

I bought some touchup paint from the dealer not too long ago to repair a rock chip on my hood. I ordered TWB, but the paint is called New Sherbet Snow Metallic. It matches perfectly, but the name made me doubt it was the right paint.

Any other colors have different names?

Old 07-25-2008, 01:36 PM
I actually went to the dealer where i bought my car and asked for touch up paint... they gave me a small bottle of it for free. It is a pen that you can also take the cap off and it has a brush as well. The brush was pretty big so i dont think i'll be using that. For anyone that uses the pen part... BE VERY CAREFULL if the spot your touching up is small. The paint will come out of the pen QUICKLY so be prepared!

Old 07-25-2008, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Padraic
Any other colors have different names?
I just picked up a bottle of touch up paint last week for around $7.00 from my local dealer. I have Blackberry Pearl paint and the bottle they gave me is called "New Premium Deep Violet Pearl". I havn't touched up any chips yet because they did it for me the day I picked up the bottle, but I did check it out on some paper and it looks close.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:07 PM
autozone has that ballpoint/brush combo bottle for $7. I saw NHBP but I didn't get it. I'm too nervous to touch my paint up lol

Old 07-25-2008, 09:51 PM
wow!

I just picked up a bottle of touch up paint last week for around $7.00 from my local dealer. I have Blackberry Pearl paint and the bottle they gave me is called "New Premium Deep Violet Pearl".
There have been many weird posts tonight and I thought everyone was on crack however when I checked my Blackberry Pearl Touch up paint it too says new premium deep violet pearl. I've used it and it is, in fact, the correct paint. Freaky!