Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Since most people hate armor all products. . .

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 03:11 AM
Since most people hate armor all products. . .

And everyone else already bought them, to find that everyone else has tried them multiple times before and caused their cars to spontaneously combust, and thus regret buying that $7 tube of wipes, the company really does stand behind its products and offers a complete refund/exchange if you're not satisfied. I was not satisfied, and contacted them. I don't have my receipt any more, so I'm SOL, although I may be able to exchange the wipes for something else. But if any of y'all still have your receipts for armor all products that you weren't happy with, you can seek retribution.

Also, even though their glass cleaning wipes are a little streaky, I'd rather have streaky clean glass than non-streaky glass with bird poo on it.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by bryanback
Also, even though their glass cleaning wipes are a little streaky, I'd rather have streaky clean glass than non-streaky glass with bird poo on it.
try stoner's glass cleaner in spray can.. and microfiber for "glass" --> it's thinner usually.. this combination.. very easy to clean and no streaks..
can lasts a while so worth it.. 3.99??

Old 05-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Retired Moderator
I have Stoner's as well for my windows, except I opted for the spray bottle instead of the can. Microfiber for everything haha! As for regular products, Pinnacle makes some great stuff, really happy with their products!

Old 05-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Their products only dry out whatever you use them on! I have used Meguiers for awhile and have been really happy that they actually work and improve the looks.

Cat :X

Old 05-14-2008, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
i really like a couple armor all products...i use their tire shine and their amonia free window cleaner for the outside of the windows(not the wipes), using news paper to wipe the windows, never had a problem with it. i use their car wash also. i use their fabric cleaner(got gum on my seat some how a few weeks ago, used this stuff and it worked really well...and just to point out i dont chew gum at all, or allow people to chew gum or eat in my car...i sat on it somehow while i was on a jobsite).i also think their wipes for your dashboard are good too. im satisfied with these products from them. i dont use any of their others and havent tried them.

edit: ive used some of their others. i only have really one negative thing to say about their products and thats the window wipes that are supposed to be streak free. i think they made the window of my old car look horrible and hard to see out of. will never use a streak free window wipe again, haha.

Last edited by kancerr; 05-14-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
you know what works better for cleaning glass? any kind of cleaner you want but use an old wadded up newspaper instead of any other wipe. seriously try it, you wont go back to microfiber.

Old 05-15-2008, 01:39 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
Their products only dry out whatever you use them on! I have used Meguiers for awhile and have been really happy that they actually work and improve the looks.

Cat :X
are you saying this based on your personal experience with their products? i am always curious when people say this about armor all products because i have never witnessed such a thing with their products.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:42 AM
try autozone "glass" microfiber and stoner's spray.. and you won't go back to newspaper/wipes/other.. i liked it .. cuz with that combination no streaks, cleaned very fast(product removed dirt, but didn't stay wet long, so easy to wipe), no messing with tearing newspaper, and zero lint.. try it once.. guarantee easiest cleaning ever -_- and yes illusive i have a microfiber for waxing the car muahhhah..

Old 05-15-2008, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member
armor all does dry out your interior pieces you use it on. i used to use it all the time in my hatchback until it would just make things turn white and dull with no shine. but since i work at a honda dealer i use there stuff which doesnt dry out or i use black magic works really good and smells good

Old 05-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
for interior plastics i use Prima Nero.

for glass, Prima Clarity.

both available from Detailers Paradise: Premium Car Care Products, Auto Detailing

Old 05-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Banned
i hate armor all.. it gets everything to oily looking

Old 05-29-2008, 08:55 PM
I've been using Armor All products for my interior bits for nearly 30 years and never had a problem with anything "drying" out. They were the first such product for dashes and vinyl, and continue to be a good alternative. Before Armor All, kids were using furniture polish. Give that a try...

Consider the fact that most 20 somethings park their cars outside. I'll say that does much more harm than any product ever could.

I swear, when something like this lets loose on the Internet there's no stopping it. Some other compnay's marketing staff probably got the ball rolling.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RobertJ
I've been using Armor All products for my interior bits for nearly 30 years and never had a problem with anything "drying" out. They were the first such product for dashes and vinyl, and continue to be a good alternative. Before Armor All, kids were using furniture polish. Give that a try...

Consider the fact that most 20 somethings park their cars outside. I'll say that does much more harm than any product ever could.

I swear, when something like this lets loose on the Internet there's no stopping it. Some other compnay's marketing staff probably got the ball rolling.
ive personally tried armorall in the past. i thought it was garbage cause
it made everything oily as posted above. not sure about cracking, but
oily and streaky and a complete ikky shiny mess for months.

you use it on the exterior and oily water spot/stains are left behind
unless you keep re applying it over and over.

there are better products out there if you have an open mind and willing
to try. Aerospace303, PrimaNero are probably the best you can
find for interior vinyl protectant. non-reflecting matte finish with UV
protection.

i use Nero 50/50 with distilled water on my a/s floor mats. after
washing it with a hose and car soap, i let it air dry and then spray
some Nero. no need to rub or anything. just coat the entire mat and
air dry and it finishes to a nice clean matte black. does not feel
slippery cause i dilluted it with water.

For exterior, definitely try BlackWow. can go through rain after rain,
wash after wash and it stays on for a good month or so vs after each
car wash or rain storm like Armorall and most all vinyl dressings out there.
easy to apply and doesn't take much product to protect.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by kenchan
Aerospace303, PrimaNero are probably the best you can
find for interior vinyl protectant. non-reflecting matte finish with UV
protection.
Most of your detailing fanatics use 303. Not oily and contains no silicones or petroleum distillates. A bit hard to find but 303"s site will direct you to the nearest retailer. It works inside and out as well as the sport's steering wheel.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by bryanback
Also, I finally found 303 at Murrays, but I was already buying $42,000 worth of cleaners, I didn't want to spend any more. I wasn't sure how exactly it works, either. I got the Meguiar's quick interior detailer. Would I spray the dash with that first to clean it, and then use 303 to protect it, or just 303 to clean + protect?
303's pretty flexible. I have 303 cleaner as well as protectant. If you just used the protectant that would work as well.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:16 AM
I used some of the ArmourAll exterior wipes yesterday, (supposedly formulated to remove the bugs & tree sap without harming the paint) from the bumper and hood. It was not greasy at all, but felt quite smooth afterward. It seemed to work quite well.
Its not something I'll use a lot, but just in between washings. I couldn't stand to leave tree sap on the car, and its rained just enough here to prevent a decent car wash so I thought I'd try it.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RobertJ

Ditto! The dash vinyl on my '74 Challenger is still in as new condition, and I have NEVER used anything other than Armor All on it. I will say, in all honesty, however, that I do not use it on my Fit dash surfaces. I tried it, and did not like the results it produced on these newer interior materials; but I still utilize it for the tires and floor mats!!
'07 VBP Sport 5MT w/ minor appearance & comfort mods!!

Old 07-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by fittmann
Ditto! The dash vinyl on my '74 Challenger is still in as new condition, and I have NEVER used anything other than Armor All on it. I will say, in all honesty, however, that I do not use it on my Fit dash surfaces. I tried it, and did not like the results it produced on these newer interior materials; but I still utilize it for the tires and floor mats!!
'07 VBP Sport 5MT w/ minor appearance & comfort mods!!
I agree. The Fit's dash and such aren't a good place to use Armor All. It leaves it nasty looking. The best thing I've found for the Fit is just some mild cleaner (I use Fantastic) and a microfiber towell to get the dust off.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:33 PM
i have all armourall products, i only see oily spots when i use to much wax where i first apply it to first.
the dash wipes i find arent the best. i think a spary and a good cloth would be better.the car wash and tire shine are good for the avg joe just trying to keep it clean.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:03 PM
I use turtlewax nanotech plastic protectant. It's been a great product for me as i use it for the dash, doors, engine, and bumpers. For the dash, i have to wipe it with a dry cloth to get rid of the shine. This has kept my 14 yr old E36 looking like brand new inside.

Quick Reply: Since most people hate armor all products. . .