Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Rear bumper and rear side skirting replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Rear bumper and rear side skirting replacement

So, the car doesn't even have 4K miles on it and someone rear ended me --not bad but I wanted to see how much a new rear bumper and a new rear skirt (SPORT) would cost -- any ideas?
I received $640 from his insurance company but haven't gotten it fixed yet. I want to know if this will take care of it or if it will be lot more...any ideas?

Thanks!

Old 10-24-2007, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
Is that all you got???
I hope the mounting points on the car aren't damaged.

Well, a rear bumper list for $200 unpainted!
side skirts $220-260 each, painted.

Shop around you might find some used ones here and on ebay
for sale, in your color. Or better yet, spend the cash on a bodykit!!!

Old 10-24-2007, 06:50 PM
Yep, that's all I got. So 640 is reasonable I guess since it would be about 100 to pain the rear bumper I'm guessing -- but the bumper had the bumper guard on it..
oh well. I think my rear hitch (for the bike rack that thankfully wasn't on the car) took most of the impact. The side skirt is hanging a little -- 1-2 broken clips -- then the rear bumper has a little ding in it -- I've gotten used to it now but the bad thing is if I ever wanted to sell the car -- it's depreciated because it's "been in an accident" so the insurance companies never pay for that...which is probably on the order of a 2K hit in itself...oh well. Life is.
On a positive note -- me and my girlfriend and our 75lb lab slept in the back of it fairly comfortably -- not the greatest -- it was a pinch but it can be done. I'm 5.10 and she's 5.6
It's a great car thus far -- very happy with it. We're actually selling our Eurovan because this little thing is half as much to take -- so...