Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Cost of new bumper, fender

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Cost of new bumper, fender

Anyone know what the price is on a new bumper and fender, OEM? I got in an accident today, dont feel like explaining it all again, but basically some guy hit me and crushed my fender, and my bumper on the drivers side, so they need to be replaced. I looked at the hood, inside the fender well, underneath, theres no other damage, its all just cosmetic. But the car is undriveable until this gets fixed, since the bumper ripped off its screws right around the front.

So instead of claiming this on insurance and taking it to a bodyshop thats going to charge me a ton of money, does anyone know what the cost of a new drivers side fender and bumper is, straight from honda? Also the cost of getting them painted, though ive heard you can get them painted straight from honda? That would be better, im not worried about the color not matching really, this car is only about 3 months old, always parked in the shade, color fade isnt an issue at the moment. its NHBP incase that makes any difference.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
that should be the first place u look. Yeah u can buy a painted bumper from ur dealership, if they don't offer it go 2 another dealership. Is he going to pay or are you going to pay? If he is, take ur car 2 the dealership and tell em 2 look at the damages and give u an estimate. Take it to a honda dealership, not a regular body shop.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
Yeah u can buy a painted bumper from ur dealership, if they don't offer it go 2 another dealership.
JDM replacement bumper covers come painted from the factory but USDM replacement bumper covers don't. (Only the lip kit on the Sport edition comes prepainted for USDM) My Fit is currently having the rear bumper cover replaced due to someone rear-ending me.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
that should be the first place u look. Yeah u can buy a painted bumper from ur dealership, if they don't offer it go 2 another dealership. Is he going to pay or are you going to pay? If he is, take ur car 2 the dealership and tell em 2 look at the damages and give u an estimate. Take it to a honda dealership, not a regular body shop.
Im paying for it since i was considered at fault (He lied to the cop, said i hit him in an intersection, when infact he changed lanes without looking about 100 feet outside the intersection). Im not going to claim it, im just going to get a new bumper and fender. I already looked at it, it doesnt need to go to the dealership to get an estimate. Basically he cracked and dented the bumper, and dented the fender. No damage to either the bumper support, the inner fender wall, or anything else (Even my foglight and headlight are ok).

That sucks that i cant get the bumper pre-sprayed... hopefully i can find someone in the city that can get me a good deal on painting it....

Old 08-19-2007, 04:18 PM
No one knows the price of these? Come on, i know someone works at a dealership, or had to these replaced before...

Id really appreciate an answer, im looking to get this done next weekend. I know i can just ask the dealer, but i want to make sure they dont try and pad my bill... For a key with no remote features, they wanted to charge me 150 bucks... They have a history of trying to screw me over when it comes to parts.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Honda Parts and Honda Accessories from Bernardi Parts

Last edited by quangalang; 08-19-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
Interested by a used/repaired one?

After an accident, my insurance paid me a new bumper. So I decided to keep the original and got the minor damages repaired and spraid with primer for 150$.
It's sitting in my basement waiting for an occasion to help!

Old 08-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by tricolor
Interested by a used/repaired one?

After an accident, my insurance paid me a new bumper. So I decided to keep the original and got the minor damages repaired and spraid with primer for 150$.
It's sitting in my basement waiting for an occasion to help!
I think by the time i drive to montreal, or have it shipped, it will be just as expensive as a new one, not to mention paint...

Thanks quangalang, thats what i was looking for. Couldnt find a site that had prices for new stuff. That even has the retail price. I should print that out and bring it in to honda with me.

Its actually exactly the price i was looking at, before paint though... hope i can find somewhere locally to get it sprayed... I know for an EF getting a bumper sprayed is about 200 bucks... i imagine itll be about 100 dollars more since the fit bumper is so big.