Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Front license plate bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Question Front license plate bracket?

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Just got my Fit Sport a couple days ago, it's a Storm Silver Metallic manual (of course)!
I bought the car in Atlanta where front license plates are not required, but I live in Chicago where they ARE required. I called a local dealership and they can get me a front plate bracket for about $27 or so. I thought that seemed a little expensive... Can these be bought online for a discount price or will I have to go through a dealer? I looked online for a while but couldn't find anything.
Also is this something I can install myself? I'm not the handiest guy in the world but I can use most tools.

Or, does anyone have one that they are not using? I'd be happy to take it off your hands!

Thanks and I'm loving these forums!!

john6555

Old 04-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi John! Here in Calgary we don't require a front plate either, but when I move to Victoria I will need one too... anyway, my front plate bracket was included with my car. It seems really odd that you would have to buy one... but maybe in the States the bracket is not included... maybe check where your spare tire is, if you haven't already, you might just get lucky!
Otherwise, go and demand a free one!!!

Old 04-18-2007, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by john6555
Hi everyone, I'm new here. Just got my Fit Sport a couple days ago, it's a Storm Silver Metallic manual (of course)!

I bought the car in Atlanta where front license plates are not required, but I live in Chicago where they ARE required. I called a local dealership and they can get me a front plate bracket for about $27 or so. I thought that seemed a little expensive... Can these be bought online for a discount price or will I have to go through a dealer? I looked online for a while but couldn't find anything.
Also is this something I can install myself? I'm not the handiest guy in the world but I can use most tools.

Or, does anyone have one that they are not using? I'd be happy to take it off your hands!

Thanks and I'm loving these forums!!

john6555
I have one that I'm not using, but want to hold onto it in case I get a fix it ticket. But if you're gonna pay that much for the bracket, you might as well buy a Plate relocator from Password JDM or Ebay.

Just a suggestion.

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 04-18-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:17 PM
it should be included with your car even if its not required in the state you bought the car in.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Runtie
Hi John! Here in Calgary we don't require a front plate either, but when I move to Victoria I will need one too... anyway, my front plate bracket was included with my car. It seems really odd that you would have to buy one... but maybe in the States the bracket is not included... maybe check where your spare tire is, if you haven't already, you might just get lucky!
Otherwise, go and demand a free one!!!
Thanks for the replies. I actually bought mine used from a private seller, otherwise I would call up the dealer right away and ask for a free one.
I was thinking $10 would be a reasonable price, but $30? Come on...
I'll look into the plate relocator thing too...

Old 05-01-2007, 05:18 PM
i live in florida, and i don't need mine. i removed it when my friend and i removed the front bumper to put neons in.