Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

How do you remove Dealer sticker?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 03:20 PM
How do you remove Dealer sticker?

Bah my dealership installed one of those stickers so everyone can know where I got my car.

it's right above the FIT logo on the hatch. how can I remove it? it looks like its the same material as pin stripes are.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:09 PM
never mind, I got it, I just took my fingernails to it, it peeled right off, then I cleaned it with a lil soap and water, good as new.

but I HATE reliance honda. those after taking off the front plate, I realized those bastards drilled a hole right through the middle of the front bumper! bah now I've gotta find some kinda plug to fill the hole...

Old 03-14-2007, 06:10 PM
i never tried it but.. can't you just use your fingernail to remove it with extra carful touch.???

i know for those platic emblems.. you can heat up with heat gun and remove it with tooth floss...

Old 03-14-2007, 09:17 PM
My steps were as follows:

1. Prep (clean) area using Meguiars Quick Detail spray
2. Heated up badge with the wife's hair drier. Held the dryer about six inches from the surface. Moved the dryer over the badge for about two minutes.
3. Since my badge was only recently applied, I was able to peel mine right off. The badge itself was flexible and one of the corners released nicely from the heat. I had my fishing line ready to go if I experienced any problems...
4. Re-cleaned the area with Meguiars Quick Detail spray. I could see some dirt that was trapped behind the badge.
5. Waxed the area using Meguiars Quick Wax spray.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:41 PM
hair dryer a fingernail and some goof-off. then a nice cleaning

Old 03-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Ok it's very easy. I work in the vinyl market, I cut them, print them, install and remove them. Pretty easy.

First of all, I'll present you your new friend !!!

If your decal isn't stick on the car since more than one year, you don't need any heatgun or hairdryer. You simply need your nails. Try to peel of one corner and the rest will follow.

**HINT** Put water (with a spray bottle) arround the sticker so it will prevent from "scratching/mark" the paint with your nails.

In most of the case you'll have little glue on the paint after removing the sticker (sorry, i'm french so my sentence are not always perfect), use the rubber cement to get rid of. Some people use paper towel but I find it hard on paint so I use kleenex cause it's softner.

So this is how you can get rid of your dealer sticker and/or any glue on the paint.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:20 AM
Slow but sure

Lift an edge of the sticker with your fingernail.
Then pull off the sticker extremely slowly with your fingers - very little (if any) glue will be left on the car. By removing the sticker really slowly, you can actually see the glue lift off from the car and remain with the sticker. If some glue sticks to the car then just slow down.

Someone else mentioned leaving the car in the sun a few minutes to heat the sticker and remove the sticker promptly when you first get the car.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
I purchased my Fit from David McDavid Honda in Irving, Tx. They use about a 4 1/2" by 4 1/2" plastic styleized chrome emblem shaped like the state of Texas with their dealer's name on it. It is absolutely hideous. I asked my salesman to have it removed before I took delivery. He stated that it might remove some paint. I told him if it does, I wouldn't but it. We argued about this issue for a few seconds, but it was removed without any damage to the car. I believe that no dealerships in California (at least Southern California) put their stupid names on vehicles. I understand that the majority of people probably don't care about this, but at least California cares about the customers that do.

David

Old 05-30-2007, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
As advice to folks waiting to take delivery of their Fits tell the dealer that you do not want them to put this on the car. If they do put something on the car do not take delivery of it until they remove it and you are satisfied with the paint in the area. I told my salesman ahead of time that I did not want any kind of dealer sticker on my car and they did not do it.

Last edited by uiskibum; 05-30-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
My two request when I went to make the deal on my Fit (1). No dealership logo on the back and (2). No front plate installed. They did both without any problems.

Cat :X

Old 05-31-2007, 12:00 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
My two request when I went to make the deal on my Fit (1). No dealership logo on the back and (2). No front plate installed. They did both without any problems.

Cat :X

Ditto..

Old 07-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Keep it and tell them to pay you $100 a month for advertizing, I did and they removed it, no problem.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Nuwin
My steps were as follows:

1. Prep (clean) area using Meguiars Quick Detail spray
2. Heated up badge with the wife's hair drier. Held the dryer about six inches from the surface. Moved the dryer over the badge for about two minutes.
3. Since my badge was only recently applied, I was able to peel mine right off. The badge itself was flexible and one of the corners released nicely from the heat. I had my fishing line ready to go if I experienced any problems...
4. Re-cleaned the area with Meguiars Quick Detail spray. I could see some dirt that was trapped behind the badge.
5. Waxed the area using Meguiars Quick Wax spray.
Agreed, Hair Drier works wonders!! A little soap and water to remove sticker or badge resedue afterwards and your done.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
For those "plaque" type logos, it can sometimes help to get a piece of dental floss behind the plaque and slowly cut between it and the paint, through the adhesive. Then you can work on the adhesive with heat guns and solvents, etc.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
simple, as stated: hair dryer is your best bet, safe. Don't just plainly use your finger nails though! Get some heat a little water and go at it carefully.