Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Fit 2010 Power Window DYI Repair Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2024, 01:46 AM
Fit 2010 Power Window DYI Repair Question

Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance for replying to my post. My 2010 FIT Manual (Sayama Plant) started having power window issues. The driver/front started working only intermittently. The passenger/front stopped working at all. The passenger/rear stopped working a long time ago but it was left unfixed.

1. I checked all of the related fuses first and they were intact.

2. Replaced the driver side main switch. This fixed the passenger front.

3. Main switch replacement didn't make any difference for the driver/front. When it opens it closes, too, but it doesn't open the next time. Then I realized that when I don't completely close it until it hits the upper window frame (like you suppose to) it works every time although it's not very smooth making a squeaky noise. Does this sound like a motor issue?

4. The passenger/rear still doesn't work at all. It doesn't make any noise, either.

Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Old 01-20-2024, 10:24 AM
For the record I also dont know, but Im pretty sure we are in similar boats

I think I am having your driver side issue with my passenger side window. My passenger side window has been intermittently working (goes down, I try to put it back up and then after a few minutes of trying it decides to work).

I replaced the window motor and it made ZERO difference. I thought maybe it is binding on the rails it slides up/down(idk what they are called), so i lubricated them. No difference.

The way im understanding it, if the window works at all it wouldn't be the fuse. Then I know in my case it is also not the motor, so im thinking it must be the relay? It behaves the same way with the passenger side switch as it does with the driver side switch for the passenger widow, so im guessing it isnt the switch.

Im looking into the relay now, i will update if I have any insights later on! Also im watching the thread in case someone who DOES know comes by

Old 01-20-2024, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by mikel1993
For the record I also dont know, but Im pretty sure we are in similar boats

I think I am having your driver side issue with my passenger side window. My passenger side window has been intermittently working (goes down, I try to put it back up and then after a few minutes of trying it decides to work).

I replaced the window motor and it made ZERO difference. I thought maybe it is binding on the rails it slides up/down(idk what they are called), so i lubricated them. No difference.

The way im understanding it, if the window works at all it wouldn't be the fuse. Then I know in my case it is also not the motor, so im thinking it must be the relay? It behaves the same way with the passenger side switch as it does with the driver side switch for the passenger widow, so im guessing it isnt the switch.

Im looking into the relay now, i will update if I have any insights later on! Also im watching the thread in case someone who DOES know comes by
Hi mikel1993,

Thanks for sharing your frustration with me. I'm trying to avoid bringing my 2010 FIT to repair shops but I see why they stay in business....!

Assuming from your posting you haven't replaced the main switch. It helped my passenger/front. I bought mine from Switch Doctor on eBay but they also have their own site (below.) Replacing was relatively easy. I follow this YouTube instruction (below.) Hope this will solve your problem

https://www.switchdoctor.net/honda-fit-window-switch/

May I ask where did you purchase your motor replacement?

Cheers,
FitInParadise

Old 02-13-2024, 01:00 PM

update on this! It looks like my issue was stemming from a bad connection with the blue clips here (passenger side behind the glove box)

I was trying everything I could think of, then messing with this is the thing that worked. I disconnected them and air dusted the inside, and it seems to be working properly now. I haven't seen this issue mentioned anywhere so I'm glad I figured it out!

Also I got my regulator from Amazon, but if I were to do it again I would go to rockauto.com or something. That being said it was a waste of money in my case lol

Old 02-17-2024, 04:09 PM
Hi mikel1993,

Glad you figured it out. My regulator was just delivered but I might need to check the wires first after seeing your update. I've read that door swings could damage wires on driver side. How did you get to this area? Did you have to remove the panel to get to it?