Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Front Passenger's Side Tire is sticking out further from the rest.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2022, 10:29 AM
Unhappy Front Passenger's Side Tire is sticking out further from the rest.

The tire is sticking out for about 10mm. I measured it using a lead from the fender down to the middle and I also measured it from the brake rotors to the center cap and it's off by 10mm compared to the driver's side.

I tried swapping all tires but the one that was still sticking out was on the front passenger's side.
I also installed hub-centric rings but I doubt it's the problem.

I did bend my Lower Control Arm on the Front Driver's side before when I fell on a deep pothole and my ball joint did pop out. I had the LCA straightened and it runs fine.

Haven't aligned the car yet.

Thanks!

Old 12-11-2022, 11:51 AM
I use hub-centric rings for the snow tires and steel wheels on my wife's car. They have a bit of a step or lip to them. I'm not sure if they would mount backwards, but if they did they would definitely hold the wheel out a bit from the hub. Perhaps that is your problem.

If not, it wouldn't surprise me if your pothole adventure tweaked the subframe or other suspension components enough to shift the wheel 10 mm.

Old 01-02-2023, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Kiju

The tire is sticking out for about 10mm. I measured it using a lead from the fender down to the middle and I also measured it from the brake rotors to the center cap and it's off by 10mm compared to the driver's side.

I tried swapping all tires but the one that was still sticking out was on the front passenger's side.
I also installed hub-centric rings but I doubt it's the problem.

I did bend my Lower Control Arm on the Front Driver's side before when I fell on a deep pothole and my ball joint did pop out. I had the LCA straightened and it runs fine.

Haven't aligned the car yet.

Thanks!
Maybe its eyeball straighted but still off. Bent LCA will direct effect your camber