Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Xb2? What To Do!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 03:33 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Xb2? What To Do!!!

hmm i just drove the new xB its like.....driving a camry lol :D but better looking? (with the optional lipkit) but then it gets bad gas milage but i waited so long for this car and i think they ruined it however it does come with more standard options than the fit does for only slightly more money... but the fit is still go :) lol so iono i think i need both :( has anyone else driven the new xb? what do you guys think?

Old 06-25-2007, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
I thought the xB was being retired for the Xd. I still dont know why they wont bring Scions to canada.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Retired Moderator
Im in the same situation with the xB2 and the Fit. Love them both but i think im going to go with the xB2 because of more cargo space. Im a drummer in a band so i need the space. Im not 100% sure on my desicion yet, its so hard..

Old 06-25-2007, 07:36 PM
The new Xb has more cargo space than the Fit?

Old 06-25-2007, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
No brainer....get the Honda. Toyota's have no soul.....

Old 06-25-2007, 08:22 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
i personally think the new xb is ugly. I bet the fit is still faster too lol.

anyways looks like side airbags are not offered, you have to pay extra for the alloy wheels, spoiler, foglights. So no it doesnt have more standard features, theres less. Also to get one equally equipped as the Fit your looking at 18k. Is the extra 2.5k worth it to be driving a ugly car? lol

Old 06-25-2007, 08:24 PM
I agree. I really like the 1st gen xB's and considered one, but the new ones are ugly.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
The XA is being retired after this year and the new XD is replacing it. My friend has a new XB and they love it but I still think that the Fit is much better in all respects. They love my Fit and never knew the car existed until I bought this one. They call the XB their clown car - so I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing! LOL!

Cat :x

Old 06-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
The new XB is ugly! Have you seen the advertisements for them it's usually a shot of the car and then a "HOT [ ]" and "NOT [ ]" checkbox. I've also seen one ad that was "Love it.", "Hate it."

At least they know some people think it's ugly :o

Old 06-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com

anyways looks like side airbags are not offered, you have to pay extra for the alloy wheels, spoiler, foglights. So no it doesnt have more standard features, theres less. Also to get one equally equipped as the Fit your looking at 18k. Is the extra 2.5k worth it to be driving a ugly car? lol
Side airbags are standard.;)

Old 06-25-2007, 11:14 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
it shows on their website that front airbags and side curtain airbags are what is standard. No mention of front side airbags.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member
I happen to like the Xb, but it wasn't quite in the price range if I put a few basics on it. Besides, I believe the Fit will handle better.

Old 06-26-2007, 06:46 AM
5 Year Member
I still say if you want to drive one of those crates, get a job at UPS. They will supply you with a brown one and buy the fuel, plus they encourage you to be fast!:cool:

OK, the xB is smaller than the standard-issue UPS van, but it IS equally sexy. That is, as sexy as the back side of a mud fence.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:59 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com

i agree...i think the car is ugly as hell and will always have love for the box XB...i love my Fit and i would hope Honda just puts a little more power in the next gen Fit and keep it the same size and style and not F-it like scion did to the XB...thats just my opinion:rolleyes:

Old 06-26-2007, 01:28 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
argh

haha the box is v fast now dont underestimate it lol but its not even that much of a box anymore =( i waited a really long time for the next gen to come out to buy a car cuz i thaught they were gunna bring the "music box" to US wich is funky like the first gen (www.toyota.co.jp/bb) but they didnt so i was sol so i think im holding on to that little ounce of hope i still had for scion but i do think they alienated a big segment of the market. fuel effeciency was a big roll 30 mpg is good but my 12 year old talon gets better milage than that with only 18 hp less thats not that big of a jump... and no the xb does not have more cargo space believe it or not lol the back is still small the original box didnt have fold down seats and the new one got them except now they suck cuz the extra room went to the engine bay. and it has less height. but its okay cuz my aunt just bought an xb1 so i think ill just drool over hers lol.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Retired Moderator
Wow the Fit has more space then the xB2? Thats hard to belive because ive sat in both and folded down both seats in the back and the Xb2 is definetly wider and appears to be longer...Where did you here that the Fit has more cargo space? Link plz!

Old 06-26-2007, 03:32 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
heh

the fit has more height space even if the xb seems a tad longer go to each website and look up cubic ft of cargo space fit has more i dont have the energy or motivation to link you lol

Old 06-26-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by fazzster
No brainer....get the Honda. Toyota's have no soul.....
i agree with him about getting the Honda
but i disagree about Toyotas having no soul, have you ever been to an all toyota meet:D they are so sweet

Old 06-27-2007, 09:20 PM
It was a close call between the fit and xB2 and we ended up with the fit. The gas mileage was a real killer for the xb2 for us. The interior space seemed similar with a slight front seat comfort advantage in the xb and a slight cargo space advantage for the fit. The fit's interior space vs exterior size is mind boggling, like a mini TARDIS (Dr. Who reference complete). The new xb pulls a LOT harder than the fit, and manual xb's are easy to find, but the fit has better handling and more "go-kart" factor around the corners. The cost looks similar on paper, but optioned out the way I would want it, the xb was around 18k (alloys, spoiler, a few misc options) and the fit sport had a satisfactory setup without adding anything.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:31 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
The new Xb has more cargo space than the Fit?
the new scion is a frikin CUV with small wheels. it better have more cargo space. it's a foot longer, 2.4L engine, and 3000lbs.

If it has more space, it's only by a slight, for the new scion xB is not as space-efficient as its predecessor. Ive sat in the original xB and htat thing is damn roomy. But being 1 ft longer, looking at the pictures of the new scion, it's very apparent it isn't using its dimensions right.

Quick Reply: Xb2? What To Do!!!