Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

SCCA Solo II modifications

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Nabisco
I want to go to an event very badly. I have no modifications to my Fit other than a new HKS Super Hybrid on the way from IPTuned.com . I have been reading on the rules for H stock and downloaded the rules from the site.
While it is illegal to remove or replace the stock air box assembly, could I drill holes in the bottom of the air box? My first idea was to cut a hole in the bottom and insert a venturi but the venturi is technically illegal.
No, you cannot modify the airbox by adding holes. It's been tried in other cars and it is not legal for any stock class SCCA autocross. If anyone inspects it then you will be moved to Street Touring S if you have street tires or to F Street Prepared if you have R compound tires.

Best option is to move to R compound tires which are legal in stock classes. Put the R compounds on stock rims or the same size rims as stock and use other wheels and tires for daily street driving.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down No holes...

I want to go to an event very badly. I have no modifications to my Fit other than a new HKS Super Hybrid on the way from IPTuned.com . I have been reading on the rules for H stock and downloaded the rules from the site.
While it is illegal to remove or replace the stock air box assembly, could I drill holes in the bottom of the air box? My first idea was to cut a hole in the bottom and insert a venturi but the venturi is technically illegal.
Nope! There can be no medications to the air flow path except for changing or removing the stock air filter if you plan on running H-Stock.

Unless you have the cash to get an EVO and then dump more money into mods on it.. Be careful what you do with your car. You don't want to get out of the Stock classes. Unless you have the cash to get an EVO or Vet and then dump more money into mods on it.. Be careful what you do with your car. You don't want to get out of the Stock classes.

The nice thing about the stock classes is that the restrictions on modifications, for the most part, allow you to compete without spending a hole lot of money trying to be competitive. It is very much a challenge of YOUR driving ability. The Fit will have far more capability than you will be able to wring out of it for a long time to come. And H-Stock is a fun, friendly group to Solo with..

Secret: The best mod you can make! R-compound tires will do more for your car than anything else that you can do.. ANYTHING! One warning note, it is a good idea to learn to Solo without them until you are proficient at driving.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Cool deal! Thank you for clarifying this for me.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation

Cool deal! Thank you for clarifying this for me.
OMG, I forgot the most important class in SOLO events. NOVICE! This varies somewhat from region to region but it just means that people with limited experience run in their car class (Stock, STS, etc), but the class is market with a "N" indicating that the driver is inexperience and his times will go into a sub-class for scoring. In other words you would compete with only the other novice drivers of in your class (i.e. SH-N). You can win some good stuff there also..

Old 01-29-2008, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
Novice is a nice way to go. I ran Novice last time I was out - may again since it's been a couple years since then - and it was satisfying to see my times within a second of much more powerful "sporting" cars like Vettes, etc. Not so satisfying to see my same times 10 seconds behind Phil Osborne's Neon RT. More power and bigger tires don't make up for lack of skillz...

Old 01-31-2008, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
Has anyone figured out what prepared class the Fit is in? Im currently running SM in my hatch though will be purchasing a Fit this year. Its an H stock car so it would be a FSP car? If so thats good news as it should be pretty competitive.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
oops im a newb on this site. I little different then HT

Old 02-01-2008, 08:52 AM
5 Year Member
99% sure it's FSP, but I think you'd be the first one to run it there.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gimp
99% sure it's FSP, but I think you'd be the first one to run it there.

cool beans thats what i assumed. The 96-00 dx hatch is a good car for FSP and i have won a few auto-x's in this class. Close to same specs as the fit. We'll see this year