Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

SCCA Solo II modifications

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by scsi
hey mini-fit who are you? im stephen, i race a grey rx8 with a body kit
LOL... if you autocross, you know him very well.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:41 AM
5 Year Member
huh i do? i dont ever see any fits out there, but im thinking maybe he drives a mini

Old 07-27-2007, 03:53 AM
5 Year Member
hey mini-fit who are you? im stephen, i race a grey rx8 with a body kit
I drive the "blue monster" in SM class.

You're Stephen N. and you run in STU and doing pretty good this season.
Keep up the good work. Got a Fit? Bring it out to autocross soon.

We have Test and Tune next on Aug 18.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:26 AM
5 Year Member
no fit for me, though i really want one

me good?! im nothing compared to you!

Old 07-28-2007, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
no fit for me, though i really want one

me good?! im nothing compared to you!
You're too modest. You lead your class.

Getting your third first place in STU class last event.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Thats a sexy rx-8

Old 07-29-2007, 03:21 AM
5 Year Member
Are aftermarket seats allowed in "stock" classes?

Old 07-30-2007, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
naw, my class only has 2 people in it now

aftermarket seats are not allowed in stock class i believe

Old 08-05-2007, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
Another autoxing Fit

I'm near the end (three left) of a 17 event SFR Championship series here in the San Francisco Bay area. The Fit and I are in second place in H-Stock (SCCA). I'm still working on SLOWLY adding legal mods to the Fit and making small adjustments and observing there affects.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
one we have our last event of the season, im going to make a compilation video of all the races I taped.

as it is, i'm poised to take 1st for overall points in HS for my region, and got 2nd at our state championship event. I lost to a 4 time national champion in a purpose built mini lol...

Old 11-22-2007, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kkim
Are aftermarket seats allowed in "stock" classes?
For SCCA autocross stock classes- you must use stock seats for both front seats.

For Street Touring, Street Performance and Street Mod classes you can use aftermarket seats for driver only or both front seats.

In Street Mod class you can remove the back seat only.

Old 11-22-2007, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lyshk0
one we have our last event of the season, im going to make a compilation video of all the races I taped.

as it is, i'm poised to take 1st for overall points in HS for my region, and got 2nd at our state championship event. I lost to a 4 time national champion in a purpose built mini lol...
Good luck.

What was the time difference between your Fit and the MINI?

Old 11-22-2007, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MINI-Fit
For SCCA autocross stock classes- you must use stock seats for both front seats.

For Street Touring, Street Performance and Street Mod classes you can use aftermarket seats for driver only or both front seats.

In Street Mod class you can remove the back seat only.
Thanks, Brad. So much for the Recaros I have sitting in the spare room. Trying to decide which car to install them in.

Mahalo

Old 11-22-2007, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
well to give you some background info... the guy running the mini is a 3 time nat'l champ (mark chiles), and the car is fully prepped for HS (light wheels, r-tires, catback, big money dampers). i drove his car and came in 4 seconds slower than him. on the course, there was between 7 and 10 seconds between us. i learned a LOT this year, so next year, I hope to get much closer.

driving the mini really inspired me to soldier on with the fit though. the mini didnt seem to handle a lot better (not a night and day difference anyways), and i think the biggest difference was the tires...

Old 11-23-2007, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
First post!!

Hello,
I just picked up an '08 Fit Sport to replace my beater '91 Honda Civic Wagon. I'd like to cut costs running another full season of autocross(did '07 in my Evo 9 RS), so I'll be flogging the Fit in H Stock in 2008.

Finding a legal set of wheels in 15" x 6" with a legal offset has been a real downer, and the ONLY set I can find close enough are the Volk RE30s in a +48 offset. Now, numerically they would be illegal by being approximately 0.654 mm, but depending on what someone would use to measure the difference in offset versus stock, that may be an immeasureable amount.

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order them, get a hard measurement versus stock(everything that is machined has tolerances), and see what happens. If it really comes down to needing to lathe that difference off the back of the the wheel to increase offset, so be it.

I'm really excited to see what I can do with the Fit next year and will keep everyone posted with my progress.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lyshk0
well to give you some background info... the guy running the mini is a 3 time nat'l champ (mark chiles), and the car is fully prepped for HS (light wheels, r-tires, catback, big money dampers). i drove his car and came in 4 seconds slower than him. on the course, there was between 7 and 10 seconds between us. i learned a LOT this year, so next year, I hope to get much closer.

driving the mini really inspired me to soldier on with the fit though. the mini didnt seem to handle a lot better (not a night and day difference anyways), and i think the biggest difference was the tires...
Mark Chiles is famous in MINI circles. Watch him and do what he does.

Some good things: Go along and watch him drive his MINI, You drive your Fit and have him watch you and give you advice, You drive the MINI and let him drive your Fit with you watching.

What this does is allow you to get the feel of how it is to drive the course in your car or his car. You can compare the two cars and you can see how he does with your car. But to do very well you must be familar with your car and do everything possible to make best use of it. Usually our times are not generally limited by our cars but by our level of skill at driving.

Tires can make a huge difference if you are at the level to make good use of your tires. But good tires are expensive so don't make the shift until you are ready. Even within R compound tires some are better suited to drivers just starting with competition tires- Kumho Victoracers are more durable and less expensive but will still work. They won't be as fast as V710 or Hooiser A6 but they will last longer.

Old 11-23-2007, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
i,ve been racing with him all year, and the last event was the first time i drove his car. he's been giving me advise, and i've been closing the gap.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:16 AM
5 Year Member
I have to be honest, after coming up short searching for a lightweight H Stock legal wheel for this car(no vendor in the USA carries the RE30 in 15" x 6", +48), I'm giving serious thought on switching to STS.

One distinct advantage to Street Touring is that I can just show up and run my street tire setup which allow me to stuff up to a 7.5" wheel on this car. One distinct disadvantage is that I will have to compete against Civics that are 300-400lbs lighter than my car. But hey, let's see what the Fit can do, right?

There goes my cost-cutting resolution for 2008.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
sport edition D4 is 15"x6" 4x100mm +50 offset: The Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels or tiretrends

i'm planning on autoxing w/ no mods whatsoever...
we have a street tire pax class here, so i'll be running in that...with the dunlop all-seasons until those die.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:42 AM
I want to go to an event very badly. I have no modifications to my Fit other than a new HKS Super Hybrid on the way from IPTuned.com . I have been reading on the rules for H stock and downloaded the rules from the site.
While it is illegal to remove or replace the stock air box assembly, could I drill holes in the bottom of the air box? My first idea was to cut a hole in the bottom and insert a venturi but the venturi is technically illegal.

Quick Reply: SCCA Solo II modifications