Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

SCCA Solo II modifications

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:19 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by squareback
PLEASE get some pictures of that set up!

Good luck to you. When is the opener? Ours is still 6 weeks away.

Mike

I test fitted them to make sure they would clear & they do with no problems. The tires run right to the lip of the fenders though, so hopefully I wont have any rubbing issues. I dont think i will with the stock ride height, but you never know. funny, it kind of looks like a roller skate with them on.

I will try to get some pictures. We have a rare test-n-tune on Saturday, Feb 17th & the timed event is on the 18th.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member

My favorite section of this course(slight 4 wheel drift):

Overall the car was awesome with the tires. The car is extremely well balanced with R compounds. I could pretty much stay on the gas the whole course & only lift & brake in a few slower sections.
The results haven't been posted yet, but after a quick glance at the sheets, running in FSP, i finished 16th in PAX out of 62-63 drivers. if i would have been in HS, i would have easily been in the top 10 i believe.

i think the manual Base Fit should fair very well in HS even on a national level. problem is getting some good shocks. Koni needs to get on the stick.
i think as more parts get developed for the USDM Fit, we may very well start to see them at the runoffs.

I got a ton of feedback from the other drivers of how surprised they were of my times & how quick the car was. we had a number of Honda/Acura guys that were in disbelief that they got busted by a bone stock Fit.
They were like "so whats all done to it?", i'm like "outside of the wheels & tires...nothing...it's right off the showroom floor."

Old 02-21-2007, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Old 02-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Why not STS instead of FSP?

Old 02-21-2007, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
R-comps are not legal for STS and the 7" wheel is too wide for HS.

Is that Hutcheson Island? Im from Savannah area originally.

EDIT - just saw the results, Tommy Pulliam is a good friend of mine, looks liked he paxed first in his new S2k.

Last edited by Jetydosa; 02-21-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:01 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Pax Final Results, #1 - ER/SCCA Event #1 - Jan 28, 2007
Final pax for the January event...i am 86th in this one

Pax Final Results, #2 - ER/SCCA Event #2 - Feb 11, 2007
Final pax for the Feb event...not so good on this one...i am 131

i am running in the STS class i and i believe with a little more seat time i will be more competative...cones are my reason for being bad that feb event, but next event i will shoot harder...i am not that far from the top ones in my class

i placed 6th out of eleven in the Jan event...Febuary is another story...damn cones

Last edited by Paulo107; 02-23-2007 at 01:17 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:37 AM
sorry for the stupid question

since I have a base fit could I use an aftermarket 14 and stay in H stock.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2k7gd3

since I have a base fit could I use an aftermarket 14 and stay in H stock.
For a base Fit in H stock autocross
You can use your stock steel
14x5.5 +45mm et wheels or
any aftermarket 14x5.5" 4 bolt wheel with stock offset or +/- 1/4".

Searching tirerack.com for wheels that are for the base FIT in 14" you get 10 rims and of these only one is 14x5.5" with +43mm offset.

It's the Rial Campo on special at $69 each +43mm offset silver finish
14.2 lbs made in Germany, 1 piece Low Pressure Cast

The rest of the rims are 14x6 and would put you out of stock class and into STS if you used street tires and FSP if you used R compound tires.

You can use R compound tires with stock rims in H-stock class.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:02 AM
thanks
I have a set of 14's on my teg so when I get home I will check the offset, and post a pic with the rims on the Fit.

thanks again, I am really interested in autox with this 1.5 wonder.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
I wounder what I could compete in.. I got

GF210s
Front & Rear Strut Bars
Header - bpipe - muffler
15x6.5 Konig Heluim 11lbs ea ; Yokahama YK520 Rubber
CAI , VS3 , Grounding Kit

Old 06-01-2007, 11:46 AM
I think your in street prep because of the header and suspension

Old 06-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2k7gd3
I think your in street prep because of the header and suspension

is there a website i can track all these races to see if any are near?

Old 06-01-2007, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
is there a website i can track all these races to see if any are near?
Try SCCA events, you are in the southwest division (most of TX).
See
http://www.scca.com/Inside/index.asp?reference=swdiv

If you have trouble locating a site nearby let me know by PM.

For your Mods you should be in STS class given your suspension and street tires. Wheels are larger than stock. Headers and B-pipe are legal for Street Touring classes.

If you want to add R compound competition tires then you go into F Street Prepared class which is more competitive.

Your Yokohama tires are all season street tires built for comfort and long treadlife. They are not the best match for autocross so you may find that traction is not good and wear is very heavy- esp since you don't have autocross alignment with heavy negative camber especially up front.

Better suited for autocross and still be street tires-
Max Peformance summer tires:
Falken Azenis ST615
Hankook Z2 Z212
Kumho Ecsta MX
Check for sizes that fit your wheels.
Tirerack.com has some tires, check the customer ratings and test results before you decide or PM me if you have questions. Jim@tirerack.com can help with any info.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
so I would need diffrent tires.. maybe I will wait untill I got some extra money and invest in some new diffrent tires.. probably R compound and ill have drivin tires and SOLO tires..

Old 06-01-2007, 05:22 PM
That being the case, it could be a better bet to use the non-sport Fit for its lower weight. Put on some adjustable shocks, tinker with alignment, get some light stock-sized 14" wheels, and cram the widest tire you can onto the wheels (225/50 will fit the wheel, but I'm not sure about the inner fender). A stock Fit is a pretty good-handling car; makes you wonder what it could do on the auto-x circuit in H Stock.

Mike
Given all the info provided here, I'd agree that for AX, the base m/t is going to be the most competitive version of the Fit. It sounds like any effective mods will put you in with much tougher competition.

Eric

Old 06-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Iam sorry, but Sport has 15s not 14s.. so I would think stock as 15s

Old 06-01-2007, 06:35 PM
That being the case, it could be a better bet to use the non-sport Fit for its lower weight. Put on some adjustable shocks, tinker with alignment, get some light stock-sized 14" wheels...
I think that you're both right...

Eric

Old 06-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by ewdysar
Given all the info provided here, I'd agree that for AX, the base m/t is going to be the most competitive version of the Fit. It sounds like any effective mods will put you in with much tougher competition.

Eric
Thats what I was thinking, when I bought the base. Except I didn't know the tire rule, and body kit rule

Anyone want to buy some mint 16" work emotions?

Old 06-01-2007, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
For stock classes (H-stock)
Base Fit with 14" wheels and lighter weight. Even the steel rims are OK if you cannot find something of the same stock size (it's pretty limited)
vs
Sport Fit with 15" wheels

I don't think it really matters that much since the suspension is the same and small benefit of less weight is balanced by wider and larger 15" wheel.

If you want to compete in FSP or STS then larger or wider rims are possible as long as they fit and you don't need to modify or add larger fenders. STS is for street tires and FSP can run any tires. Both classes allow for quite a bit of mods except for adding turbo (Boost).

Most important is:
Manual transmission - probably better than automatic
Tires- R compound tires Kumho V710 in a size that will fit or Hoosier A6 tires (expensive). Not for any street use or you can wear down the tread unecessarily.
Street tires- legal for STS or street touring classes but not as grippy as R compounds. Allows you to drive to the event and not have to change tires.

Other factors-
Aftermarket Cat back or axle back exhaust- is legal in stock or other classes and helps a little, maybe loose a little weight
New clean drop in Air filter- legal for stock or add a Cold air intake for other classes

sLiVeRwOrM,

If you have your current wheels you can use them for street use which is fine and look for light rims in any size and R compound tires that fit within the wheel wells.

Or you can put your Yokohamas on another set of rims and use your rims with R compound tires. Usually you can pack the extra set of competition wheels in your Fit and bring them to the event and change tires there. Arrive early.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
hey mini-fit who are you? im stephen, i race a grey rx8 with a body kit

Quick Reply: SCCA Solo II modifications