Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

Texas Fit Meet: Vol 7 *MSR Houston/SCCA Double Nationals*

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I'm supposed to be on the list to be there also... I would like to hook up with and follow whoever is going from Dallas on I45 near Huntsville so I can follow them to the place.. I still have a bit of work that needs to be done before I can go but I won't be able to do all I'd like to.. It will be running but isn't going to be cleaned up and detailed all that much if at all. Guys going there from Tyler that want to take the scenic drive can take 155 down here and catch 19 south to 190 and I45 at Huntsville... I need to follow some one because I can't handle being lost down there again.
I think I'm the only one coming from Dallas, but I'm not sure when I'm leaving yet. And if you're there to catch the event, then I won't be there for most of it.

Edit: Vanct should be rolling down 45 as well.

Last edited by BlueCell; 08-01-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
I PM'd JCrimson, we will be able to hook up near here and I'll follow him.. I'm looking forward to meeting you and finally getting to see your car.. Mine has a lot that is half done on it but when it cools down a bit I'll get caught up... I need a new inspection sticker, it expired yesterday.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
I'm still misfiring here and there, not sure what's causing it. So if I let off during a cruise, I just wanna give the engine a break. It sure sucks for my car(this ridiculous heat)

Old 08-01-2011, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I PM'd JCrimson, we will be able to hook up near here and I'll follow him.. I'm looking forward to meeting you and finally getting to see your car.. Mine has a lot that is half done on it but when it cools down a bit I'll get caught up... I need a new inspection sticker, it expired yesterday.
Yep, I'll be rolling down I45 as well, but it will be on Friday instead since I'm going to another meet first. I was going to mention JCrim since I know you guys are out further East but you're on the ball. Ditto on the inspection, mine expired in June and I'm going to get it inspected along with getting my hail damage appraised on Friday before I roll out .

Updated:
1. Saved
2. Hootie
3. JCrim
4. Bigtoepfer (might have another car by then)
5. FortHoodFIT
6. Tofuik (not 100% sure yet)
7. BlueCell (I will be late)
8. Vanct
9. TC
10. Honda-David
11. F'it_I'mfromTX (Arick said he should make it)

Non-Fit Freak member attendees will be:
1. Michael (ITR)
2. TITO (ITR)
3. Dustin (CRX)
4. Jeff (S2000) <---- Works at MSR so he may not be able to cruise out.
5. Devin (S2000)
6. Chris (GSR Wagon)
7. George (RSX-S)

Last edited by Vanct; 08-01-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
I wish I could go down Saturday and stay until late Sunday night... Guy Forsyth is at Mucky Duck Saturday night, Owen Temple and Adam Carroll are there Sunday night.. I'd just get drunk and spend too much money if I did.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
I think me and the lady will be heading out early Saturday morning. like around 5am or 6am to get there. TC, you an early bird? of course you wouldn't have to wake up that early sense I'll have to get to your area first.

My dilemma I'm facing now is my tires. lol I have 2 options

1. Drive down on my 15x9s with NT-01s. Many people have driving to the track on these and some have driven like 3 hours away to a track. these are really fresh and i might only have like 80 miles on them. could be a good chance to break them in and shed the rest of the retaining shield on them.

2. Make my car look doo doo ugly and borrow my friend ugly a$$ high offset ancient sparco wheels that has some hard all seasons on them. Would really defeat the purpose of presenting car and the cruise. lol

I think i might just suck it up and drive on my 9s lol hmmmmm What say you guys?

Old 08-02-2011, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
I vote option 1.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
I don't think I could stay with you on Hwy 19 on some of the curvy stuff if you do option #1... It's cool though if you want to.... I'll catch up on the straights. I hope it cools down a little by then but fat chance that it will.... http://www.weather.com/weather/newsc...swxcategory/TX

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 08-02-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Wow, I haven't been here in a while. Lol. Guess it was a good time to check in though. If I can get Saturday off I'll definitely head out there. Now I gotta see how much I can do to the car in two days.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
mannnnn, i can't go anymore. long story short, i'm in the army national guard, and i was transferred over to a unit in austin that was deploying. then they listed me as nondeployable (for personal reasons). just recently, i was transferred back to my home unit in houston back in june, and i just found out today -_- (GREAT communication btw). so now i have drill this weekend for my home unit, and i JUST got back from 3 weeks of training -_-.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:47 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear that man, but I won't be needing to get new fogs or sell/trade my JDM center console after all. But thanks again for considering it.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
as usual I'm a maybe

Old 08-04-2011, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by backwoods
as usual I'm a maybe
come on man! you are sooo close! do etttt!

Old 08-04-2011, 04:22 PM
I gotta work till 3pm. Where you guys gonna be arownd then?

Old 08-04-2011, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ Rolling out to the coast at 3:00 sharp.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
well I was thinking about this. I really HATE to wake up super early but will if its my only choice. I enjoy driving very early and super late. so...

Anyone have a house me and my gf can stay at tomorrow (friday) night? like we can leave here at 6 and be in houston im guessing 10pm. Can you also provide a shower for the morning? I'll let you drive my car! haha if not, no biggie, we can just wake up hella early saturday. thanks!

Old 08-04-2011, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JCrimson
well I was thinking about this. I really HATE to wake up super early but will if its my only choice. I enjoy driving very early and super late. so...

Anyone have a house me and my gf can stay at tomorrow (friday) night? like we can leave here at 6 and be in houston im guessing 10pm. Can you also provide a shower for the morning? I'll let you drive my car! haha if not, no biggie, we can just wake up hella early saturday. thanks!
Same thing JC said and my car is faster in a straight line.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
Lol

House us! Will wash dishes for housing!

Old 08-04-2011, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
My wife actually loves washing dishes and I'll stun you with my blues harp riffs.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Lmao you guys are funny. As for Honda Dave yea the Army is always like that in the Active service, I was supposed to take a pt test and they didn't tell me it was canceled so I was sitting at the track till 630 waiting for everyone. They like to set people up for failure. I wonder what the army would be like if there were only NCOs and COs lol, no work would ever get done haha! Well guys tomorrow is a big day, got to clean the crap out of my car. Vacuum all the pebbles and grass I can out too. That's gonna be impossible with the car wash vacs. :/

Quick Reply: Texas Fit Meet: Vol 7 *MSR Houston/SCCA Double Nationals*