Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

2011 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 6th-9th

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Lightbulb

Trying to get local Dragon Slayer HondaFRK to join us! Besides him being a local his Fit is white, we need some balance out there with all of our wild colors

Old 05-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Count me in! I'm a local (lucky me!) and would love to meet up to make some runs! Another thing to consider here is going during the week is really best up there if its possible for you guys to swing it (such as coming a day early or staying a day later also). The leaves here in TN turn right around that time as well, so should be gorgeous!

Old 05-22-2011, 07:22 AM
5 Year Member
Definitely can't make any promises this far out as I'm supposed to be having another eye surgery 1 month before this, but I will keep it in mind for sure,

Last edited by Hondafrk; 05-22-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
Sounds like a fun time...I may come up for the drive and snap some photos.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by smeister
Sounds like a fun time...I may come up for the drive and snap some photos.
There are 2 of our Dragon vets coming up from FLA to do this again this year, one has a modded S2000 and the other a modded RX8 w/Mazdaspeed parts, lots of them

I see you do retrofits on the Fit, how much is this, drop me a PM, just curious.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by BallerStatus
Count me in! I'm a local (lucky me!) and would love to meet up to make some runs! Another thing to consider here is going during the week is really best up there if its possible for you guys to swing it (such as coming a day early or staying a day later also). The leaves here in TN turn right around that time as well, so should be gorgeous!
Yeah, a couple of our guys actually do that and really like that early day as the road is almost vacant, I'm going to try and do this next year when I get some vacation time from my new job.

We stay in Tellico Plains at Caney Creek Village, so your more than welcome to come and hang out with us after the runs for good times around the campfire too. What's the low down on the car, pics?

Everyone at home base (The Contour Enthusiasts Group) are blown away at the showing of Fits this year, looks like we've got #6 coming out and I'm sure a couple more will show up at the last minute, afterall, its still almost 5 monthes away.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks, man. Im looking forward to it! I just recently started modding the Fit. I got a great deal on a set of 18's, but they didnt work out. Too heavy and rubbed way too much. So I sold them and bought a set of 15" Konig Feathers. I should have tires for these in a week or so. As far as installed stuff at this point, I have Tein S-Tech springs, Progress rear swaybar and some stereo stuff. I should have a lot more done by the time this trip comes around. Here's pics w/ the 18s.

Name:  IMG_1143.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  185.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1141.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  206.0 KB

Old 05-22-2011, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
There are 2 of our Dragon vets coming up from FLA to do this again this year, one has a modded S2000 and the other a modded RX8 w/Mazdaspeed parts, lots of them

I see you do retrofits on the Fit, how much is this, drop me a PM, just curious.
Dang maybe I should bring me 2nd vehicle! lol jk

Old 05-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Hey Baller, let's see some pics of it with the 15's, I bet it handles better now too, doesn't it?

BTW, professional photographers are ALWAYS welcome on our Dragon run, bring whatever car you wanna bring but just expect to have the time of your life, trust me!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Hey Baller, let's see some pics of it with the 15's, I bet it handles better now too, doesn't it?
I'll let you know when the new set is on I have the wheels, just not the tires yet (should be less than 2 weeks), but I expect it to handle a lot better (and accelerate a lot better too). Those 18's weighed a hefty 40 lbs w/ tires....

Old 05-25-2011, 06:34 PM
I'll let you know when the new set is on I have the wheels, just not the tires yet (should be less than 2 weeks), but I expect it to handle a lot better (and accelerate a lot better too). Those 18's weighed a hefty 40 lbs w/ tires....
I think my 16's weight about 38 lbs but maybe because the wheels are 7" wide and the Conti's are all-season DWS'. We had 2 cars with my tires and they kicked serious ass out there for what they are, hi-perf all-seasons and when I say they kicked ass out there, don't take my word for it on the Fit, my buddy has em' on his modded Mazdaspeed 3 and he knows how to drive and they really performed well! Not only that but these tires are AWESOME in the rain and in the snow, well, what can I say....SERIOUSLY KICKED ASS!

Have you seen a purple-ish AE86 runnin' around your hood If so, that's my buddy Eric, he lives in the Knoxville area, good guy.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
I think my 16's weight about 38 lbs but maybe because the wheels are 7" wide and the Conti's are all-season DWS'.
My Rota R-Spec's are being delivered tomorrow, and with the Conti ECDWS my per wheel weight should come in right around 34 lbs. Sweeeeeeet

Last edited by Jim2bFit; 05-25-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:22 AM
I think my 16's weight about 38 lbs but maybe because the wheels are 7" wide and the Conti's are all-season DWS'. We had 2 cars with my tires and they kicked serious ass out there for what they are, hi-perf all-seasons and when I say they kicked ass out there, don't take my word for it on the Fit, my buddy has em' on his modded Mazdaspeed 3 and he knows how to drive and they really performed well! Not only that but these tires are AWESOME in the rain and in the snow, well, what can I say....SERIOUSLY KICKED ASS!

Have you seen a purple-ish AE86 runnin' around your hood If so, that's my buddy Eric, he lives in the Knoxville area, good guy.

Yeah, those 18's were 7.5" wide, but the weight seemed to kill acceleration (I have an AT, so that probably magnified the effect) and seemed to make the car want to understeer pretty bad. I had Kumho Ecsta AST's on there. They were cheap and probably part of the reason for poor performance. I am going to be ordering 205-50-15 Nitto NeoGen's for the new wheels. I have heard nothing but good things.

I haven't seen this AE86, but I will keep an eye out. There are some pretty sweet rides running here, there used to be a lot more. Street racing used to be huge here around 2002-ish, but cops have cracked down a lot on that. A lot of guys got out of the scene, but there are still several keeping up.

Last edited by BallerStatus; 05-26-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Jim2bFit
My Rota R-Spec's are being delivered tomorrow, and with the Conti ECDWS my per wheel weight should come in right around 34 lbs. Sweeeeeeet

Congrats on the new rims! Gotta love new shoes! I saw on your sig, you were wanting the A'PEXi N1 evolution, Dr. Doom has one for sale, you might want to check out. Good price too:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/soca...evolution.html

Old 05-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Question

Hey Jim, what are ECDWS'

Old 05-26-2011, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
Tires

Old 05-27-2011, 08:29 AM
etf
5 Year Member
ECDWS

The ExtremeContact DWS (DWS for Dry, Wet & Snow) is Continental's Ultra High Performance All-Season radial developed for drivers of sports cars, sports coupes, performance sedans and sport trucks. The ExtremeContact DWS is designed to satisfy their year-round driving needs by blending dry and wet road performance with light snow and slush traction.
ExtremeContact DWS features an advanced silica-based, high-grip, all-season tread compound molded into a unique asymmetrical tread design with stable shoulder blocks and a continuous, notched intermediate rib on the outboard side to enhance responsiveness and cornering stability. The center of the tread features independent blocks separated by high-angle, crisscross grooves to provide the biting edges necessary to deliver wet road and light snow traction while independent inboard shoulder blocks help disperse water to further enhance hydroplaning resistance and foul weather traction.
The ExtremeContact DWS features Tuned Performance Indicators — visible letters molded into the second rib from the outboard shoulder to alert drivers of the tire's performance levels. A visible "DWS" indicates the tire has sufficient tread depth for dry conditions, as well as wet roads and light snow. After the "S" has worn away, the remaining "DW" indicates the tire only has sufficient tread depth for dry and most wet road conditions. And after the "W" and "S" have both worn away, the remaining "D" indicates the tire has appropriate tread depth for dry conditions only.
The tire's internal structure includes twin steel belts reinforced with spirally wound jointless nylon cap plies to provide long-term integrity under high-speed conditions while reducing weight and helping to provide more uniform ride quality.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
Hey Jim, what are ECDWS'
My acronym for Conti ExtremeContact DWS Bueller, Bueller, anybody...?

Old 05-27-2011, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats on the new rims! Gotta love new shoes! I saw on your sig, you were wanting the A'PEXi N1 evolution, Dr. Doom has one for sale, you might want to check out. Good price too:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/soca...evolution.html
Thanks for the heads up! I just asked him a few questions about it...

Old 05-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Those are the same very tires I have, never called them ECDWS'

Hey HondaFrk, not sure if you were being funny, but it was

Quick Reply: 2011 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 6th-9th