Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

2011 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 6th-9th

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 08:11 AM
5 Year Member
I only stopped where other people stopped…in the middle. I may have slowed down a bunch to gap the cars in front so I could go fast for a little bit.

I had to get back to work, so I had to dash...I really enjoyed last year's trip. I was hoping to do it again this year, but work keeps getting in the way of my fun...that has got to change!

I got my son a 2011 Sport Fit with MT…so I will be doing his front brakes. He wants a CF front hood…etc. The discs are on UPS truck for delivery today. I think I will go the full Monty for him and set him up with Spoon-Sport aluminum calipers…but that will require Enkei Race wheels to clear the calipers…

Old 11-02-2011, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jodele
I got my son a 2011 Sport Fit with MT…so I will be doing his front brakes. He wants a CF front hood…etc. The discs are on UPS truck for delivery today. I think I will go the full Monty for him and set him up with Spoon-Sport aluminum calipers…but that will require Enkei Race wheels to clear the calipers…
Please do a DIY/Info thread as you did with your GD3's Integra Type-R thread. That is truly one of the best, most informative threads I've ever read on this site. Thanks for your time to research and post that information.

What will you be doing with the rears on your son's GE8?

I'm still trying to figure out what to eventually do with my 09's brakes.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Arrow

Jodele, you and your son are welcome to re-join the run next year but bring BOTH cars for sure I tell people this and it doesn't apply to everyone but those looking to go, its real easy, put $10.00 a week away and when it comes time for the Dragon, you've got $520 dollars for the trip and you don't even notice it!

Modded front brakes on the GE8 already, WOW! You are the brake master Jodele

All you noobs looking to go, start thinking about it now, it may be a long time off but planning now is key, then you don't have to scramble at the last minute or even a couple monthes off! 2012 is our runs 10th anniversary and not sure what's going to happen special for it, but I'm trying to get this guy to attend the run who's an ex-Ford engineer from England, it would be like having Jeremy Clarkston there all weekend, trust me, same wit and attitude!

Old 12-08-2011, 07:37 AM
That event was sick. I'm sure to attend next year.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by MrPolarZero
That event was sick. I'm sure to attend next year.
That it was and this year will be even better, I for one will be coming down a day early, that will be a first for me The 2012 Fall Dragon Run thread will be going up pretty soon and in there you will find all the info you need from cabin info, events, dates, etc. Also included will be the usual "do's and do not's" also, its just something I do with all the sites I post this run on. I have to say that FF not only showed up large this past fall, but was a great group of people and VERY respectful, hope to see all of you back for this years run as well as the others who didn't/couldn't make it last fall.

Hope everyone had a great New Years and even though its about 282 days to go, its never ever too early to start planning for this event, an event that's now in its 10th year!!!

Old 01-03-2012, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
Keep us posted!

The Fit got a full tune-up and brake job. Now has Hawk HPS pads, EBC USR rotors, SuperBlue brake fluid, K&N air filter, and HFP muffler to go along with the valve adjustment.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
Hoping I can stay a few nights this year...enjoyed myself last year, especially with that s2000 & rx8 coming back from Robbinsville.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
When will this year's Dragon Run be? I've been thinking about heading there this summer as a B-day trip but wouldn't mind postponing it a few months to hang out with a group of car folk.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:15 AM
We'd love to have you out with us Hootie, its always the 2nd weekend in October. I'm waiting for our home base, The Contour Enthusiasts Group to go back up, its been down for a while and once its back up, I will get the "official" thread going there, here, as well as the CR-Z site and Xceedspeed too. It sounds like alot of forums and it is, but don't think each forum will net 10 cars or anything, although FF could do just that this year based on last years turn out and those looking to go out with us this year, I love this forums enthusiasm for the run

Stay tuned for the "official" post, it will have all the info you need!

Old 01-13-2012, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
Me and the wife are going again this year plus my friend and his new Camaro and we will be taking both cars, I'm saving for some lil mods (springs, wheels, tires, ect.)for my fit since my ej1 is taking all my funds for now. Oh and Hootie hope you do postpone your trip so you can join us this year.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
This was an awesome time. Hope to do it again!

Old 03-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by Mayo
This was an awesome time. Hope to do it again!
Our group is always looking for FF's to go, especially ones who've been down there already, not that noobs aren't welcomed too, everyone is.

Pretty soon I'm going to need a list of those whom are serious about going, setting up this takes some time and we wanna make sure the max amount of people get to stay together

This site is responsible for the largest showing of any site I've been associated with, let's keep the ball rollin'!