Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

2011 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 6th-9th

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 06:22 AM
etf
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
I can't really tell you what time we'll be heading out on Saturday but we're not even going on the Dragon Sat, other than taking 129 to Deal's Gap and turning right to go on the Hellbender. Last year I saw more cops on the Dragon in one day than I saw in the previous 8 years of going, crazy
What is your route Saturday??? We'd like to join you somewhere along the way.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:50 AM
^^ yeah, i can meet up on saturday, just give me a place and time. i was going to go on friday, but ordered a bunch of mods and would like to get them installed on friday

Old 09-28-2011, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
I will be there Friday earlier in the day most likely. Klasse Act, I'm going to PM you my phone #. Wish I had a two-way radio but I do not and don't think I could afford one.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:39 PM
2-way radio's are very cheap, get one, it makes thing alot easier

Now, as far as Saturday goes, well, since last year was an absolute mess out there as far as cops go, we're staying away from the Dragon except to get to the beginning of Hellbender aka Moonshiners route (route 28, right next to Deal's Gap) Now as far as a time goes, well, with a group our size (15-17, give or take) its kinda hard to give everyone an exact time really, this is why we tried to get everyone to stay with us in Tellico Plains but if I had to guess I'd say some time around noon. There's a little clearing where route 28 starts where you can park and we'd be coming right by there. In addition to that, there's the little parking lot across from Deal's Gap too, up that hill where you could park.

Where are you other guys staying that aren't with us at Caney Creek?

Old 09-28-2011, 04:58 PM
So if I head from Maryville (North headed South) and go thru the Dragon, the store is on the left and that first left is 28, correct? There's a clearing near this intersection? I have never gone past the store, so not really familiar. Thanks!

Old 09-28-2011, 08:55 PM
The clearing is just on the side of Deal's Gap where 129 and 28 meet,, there's room on both sides of the road and its actually on route 28 where there's parking on the side of the road. There's also parking across the street from the Deal's Gap store/resort, kinda of on an angle from where the gas pumps are but across the street and up that hill, so there's room to hang out there but like I said, its kinda hard to nail down an exact time and its not like we can call anyone down there either

I'll be on the road Thursday morning by atleast 5:00 a.m. CST but will be up an hour earlier though. Our group will arrive in Tellico Plains by dinner time on Thursday and we'll actually be going out on the Skyway after we unpack and eat a little something, its a tradition of ours to do this as we gotta get a little "taste", right

Looking forward to meeting everyone and trust me, our group is easy to get along with and everyone are car guys too

Old 09-29-2011, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
I'm in guys, coming with my big brother (SUNKIST, clubRSX). Coming in one car which will be my 09 GE Sport auto.
Don't have a place to stay, but I'm sure we will find something....

Hope to see you guys there, first time there but I been auto-xing for a while now.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
I think I remember sunkists rsx...saw it years ago on jdmu if he's the same one, I'm sure he is. Loved that car.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
I think I remember sunkists rsx...saw it years ago on jdmu if he's the same one, I'm sure he is. Loved that car.
Yeah, that's it.

It's on passwordjdm site & some other ones too, it's a daily now slash weekend track car now.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:06 PM
Welcome Jazz

There's still cabins available with us Caney Creek Village in Tellico Plains, Tennessee ask for Dixie and tell her your with the group with "Roger from Deeeetroit" (even though I'm not in Detroit anymore) The cabin prices range from $30-$70 a night, depending on what you want/need to get by. Dixie is VERY nice to our group. Since your going, go ahead and find the post with everyone on it and add yourself to the list so I can copy and paste it and show it to our "homebase" site The Contour Enthusiasts Group They just don't understand the Fits but they will soon, especially since you've been auto-X the car, experience like that will pay HUUUUGE dividends down there, trust me/us

Now, what day will you guys arrive down there and how long are you staying? Just to let you know, we've got 2 of our usuals coming up from FLA but they're coming up to the cabins on Wednesday and if you guys decide to come up a day early, I can hook you up with those guys and maybe you guys can all ride in together, makes things alot easier on your end since you've never been there Let me know and I'll take care of that.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:41 PM
BTW, I've gotten a couple of your guys cellphone numbers and then sent you a txt back so you'd have mine, so if you want/need mine and don't have it, drop me a PM and I'll do the same for you

Old 09-29-2011, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
we're staying away from the Dragon except to get to the beginning of Hellbender aka Moonshiners route (route 28, right next to Deal's Gap)... There's a little clearing where route 28 starts where you can park and we'd be coming right by there...
How far down Moonshiner28 are we going?

Old 09-30-2011, 06:11 PM
We're going to see what its like but not all the way as it goes into S.C. but there's supposed to be a good BBQ place on that road somewhere, I'm all about BBQ

Guys, don't forget your 2-way radios too. Mine are pretty old, got them for free when I bought tires for our work van at my old, old job back home (around 99 IIRC) and they still work just fine, DON'T FORGET FRESH BATTERIES TOO!

Our Chicago crew is leaving this area around 2:30 CST, so we should arrive at the cabins around 1:30 EST. This gives us time to unpack, pay for our cabin, relax a bit and get a bite to eat before we hit the Skyway for our little cruize out there, its calling your name when you get there so there's sense in waiting

I think its cool that it appears that yet another Fit is making the trip too, that would replace my Fit in the order and make what, 5 now, awesome!

Old 09-30-2011, 06:22 PM
T-shirts are available for our run too...........
Name:  utf-8BRmluYWxEcmFnb25TaGlydFRpbHQuanBn.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  22.2 KB

I'm really sorry I didn't get this up here sooner, got alot going on with balancing this run between 3 sites but you could come over to the CEG The Contour Enthusiasts Group and drop Randy a PM and see if he can still make you one afterwards and send i to you, that's $25.00. I think the shirt is really nice, I'm tired of the same old same old shirt they've been selling down there for years, this is nice and simple.

Next year we'll have gumball styled decals for the run, its our 10th anniversary!

Old 09-30-2011, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
Good looking shirt

Old 10-01-2011, 06:23 AM
5 Year Member
Ok, guys Me and the wife are headed out to Cumberland gap. Then meeting you in at the tail only 5 day left.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by swflej1
Ok, guys Me and the wife are headed out to Cumberland gap. Then meeting you in at the tail only 5 day left.
What day? I ask because we'll be out there all day and night on Friday (Friday is our night run day) Saturday we'll only be out there to get to route 28, Saturday is waaaaaaaaay to busy and full of cops based off of last year and the year before. Ofcoarse we'll be on the Cherahola everyday, I mean we're only 3.5 miles away from it at the cabins

The countdown is almost hours away now!

Old 10-02-2011, 09:37 AM
As of right now, our Chicagoland group will arrive at the cabins in about.....

101 HOURS!

Old 10-02-2011, 09:47 AM
etf
5 Year Member
2-way radio's are very cheap, get one, it makes thing alot easier

Now, as far as Saturday goes, well, since last year was an absolute mess out there as far as cops go, we're staying away from the Dragon except to get to the beginning of Hellbender aka Moonshiners route (route 28, right next to Deal's Gap) Now as far as a time goes, well, with a group our size (15-17, give or take) its kinda hard to give everyone an exact time really, this is why we tried to get everyone to stay with us in Tellico Plains but if I had to guess I'd say some time around noon.
We're planning on hooking up with you guys at Deals Gap around noon on Sat. 10/8 . Is the group stopping at Deals Gap or just passing by?

Old 10-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by etf
We're planning on hooking up with you guys at Deals Gap around noon on Sat. 10/8 . Is the group stopping at Deals Gap or just passing by?
We plan on heading up route 28 right off of Deal's Gap there on the side and "should" be in the area around noon but with a group the size of ours, its kinda hard to figure out an exact time, its too bad you 2 aren't staying with us at "Homebase" in Tellico Plains but we'll try and hook up, I wanna meet everyone who's coming out to our run, especially you two with your "kinda" matching cars, very cool indeed

Do you guys have your 2-ways, its channel #9 today and if you've got a sub-channel, just leave it on 0, that's what we end up doing to keep it simple.

We wanna check out route 28 further than we went last year, the road coming out of the Fontana Dam was "dam impressive" but we wanna go out the other way from it, not towards the Dragon but the other way, not sure what direction that is exactly but if I had to guess I'd say its SE on route 28.

Quick Reply: 2011 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 6th-9th