Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

have u ever raced ur fit yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 09:44 AM
mav
Originally Posted by Popeye
Really this whole series of rants should be cut and pasted into another thread
Ah party pupper.

Fine I won't respond to this mess of a thread any more. Everyone happy now?

Old 05-12-2006, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Karvin Karl
I just wanna here about Fits being raced.
Lets here about the best oversteer fix for the Fit. Mine recomposes itself fine after lifting throttle but I was hoping a quick throttle release would at least fling some degree of the rear end outward. I mean the with this wheelbase, it should be intuitive.
Anyway I thought I'd steer the discussion to something interesting, or so?
You want oversteer? This isn't a 240 or an AE86...

Disconnect the front swaybar or mash the brake pedal mid-corner. Or wait for someone to release a rear swaybar.

Old 05-12-2006, 01:04 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
wow so much anamosity here

Old 07-09-2006, 08:15 PM
almost everyone with a S2000 in here is a complete fanboy, my friend has a 06 S2k and he will be the 1st to admit that its very underpowered... when modded celica GT-S's and hondata RSX's start to pull on your 34K convertible you start to worry. the fact that mods for it cost more than a freaking engagment ring to only produce 1.0000005643 hp also disapoints my friend. i like the S2000 but i love my STi alot more.
BTW, my Fit pulls away from my friends AP2 on long sweeping freeway on and off ramps.

Old 07-09-2006, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
Thread back from the dead!

Old 07-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
I have raced mine.. when the only mods were the wheels and tint.. i got a link here to the details and PICS!

http://www.aeriostyle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5222

Old 07-09-2006, 09:32 PM
I don't plan to auto cross with the Fit. It's my daily and I wish to keep it that way. I have my 94 Integra to race with, it's no 1/4 mile queen but loves and tears through the corners at the track.

Old 07-09-2006, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
I brought my Fit to the autox today and it was pretty fun. It was my first time with the Fit and I thought it handled pretty well out there with the stock tires (Dunlops). I ran in T1-HS (street tire) and didn't come in last. Yeah! My goal was to learn the limits of the car and I must say I worked those 109 ponies.

Last edited by 07Fit00S2K; 07-09-2006 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HashiriyaS14
Not that I really want to get myself too far into this thread, but no car is "better in every single way" than any other car. The STi is not "better in every single way" than a '91 Ford Festiva, because the Festiva gets better gas mileage and has a useful hatchback.

An M3 and an STi have vastly different design criteria, so they cannot be compared directly like that.

You also cannot compare cars independent of price, as that would be retarded. You can't say that a Gallardo is "better at everything" than the STI, because apparently the STI is better at NOT costing more than a townhouse.

Hell, even the Evo and STI, which are VERY similar cars, weren't designed to do EXACTLY the same thing, not from factory (although they are close). Neither one is objectively better than the other, they reward somewhat different driving styles, and each car has its fans.

So cut this shxt out.
I completely disagree for the simplest of reasons. My car is better than yours for the very same reason your car is better than mine. To wit: It's the car to which I (or you) have the keys, and can hop into and drive where ever I want to go.

Can't we all just get along

Old 07-10-2006, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
I don't think your friend can drive. From my experience, the Fit is fine with 109hp but it definitely can't pull away from my AP1. Just realized this is an old thread. Why did you bring it back? People like the cars they drive for different reasons. Just like I prefer the Evo over an STI doesn't mean anything. Who cares what we like. Can't we all get along.

Originally Posted by 805FitSport
BTW, my Fit pulls away from my friends AP2 on long sweeping freeway on and off ramps.

Last edited by 07Fit00S2K; 07-10-2006 at 02:14 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:29 AM
5 Year Member
You just need to be realistic about you car (and life it would seem). Love it for what it is, don't try to pretend that it is something it isn't.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aywwsd
it really is not, simply not enough horsepower, not enough torque, and weight a bit too much.

it's fun to drive and handles well, but at the price range, it's simply not in the top tier as far as performance goes.

real race car wise, there is a reason why s2000 only competes in gt300 class, because in gt500 class, it's simply outclassed going up against skyline, nsx, supra, z, etc.
I don't know if anyone has told you this but... "you're an idiot."

From the way you're talking about the S2000, it seems like you're judging the car from a totally different class. No one I know, who has owned one, has complained about the handling, HP, and weight (I've heard complaints about torque).

Stop talking out of your ass and show me what GT300 team that runs a S2000. Because chances are, you won't find one. The S2000 has NEVER competed in the Super GT or JGTC.

Oh, and by the way, the S2000 is not even in the same class as the GTR, NSX, and Supra.

Old 07-10-2006, 05:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 07Fit00S2K
I don't think your friend can drive. From my experience, the Fit is fine with 109hp but it definitely can't pull away from my AP1. Just realized this is an old thread. Why did you bring it back? People like the cars they drive for different reasons. Just like I prefer the Evo over an STI doesn't mean anything. Who cares what we like. Can't we all get along.
Apparently we can't. Pardon my ignorance, but what is an AP1? Keep updating the photos of Micky and Jacko. I especially liked the sleeping one.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
It's the chassis code for the 2000-2003 S2000. AP2 is for the current gen S2000. Micky likes to sleep. Thanks.

Originally Posted by BKKJack
Apparently we can't. Pardon my ignorance, but what is an AP1? Keep updating the photos of Micky and Jacko. I especially liked the sleeping one.

Old 07-10-2006, 03:06 PM
i never said i pull away from his car in a straight line, his car will pull on the fit without a question on a straight, maybe i have better driving skill then he does but to an average driver in a S2k the Fit can hang as far as handling goes, forgot to mention i have 16" rota C10's with sticky S03 PP tires on my Fit as well as some rear seats removed, i brought this thread back because im bored at work and wanted to clear some of this "the S2000 is the greatest car in the world talk". Go buy an EVO.

Old 07-10-2006, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
i never said i pull away from his car in a straight line, his car will pull on the fit without a question on a straight, maybe i have better driving skill then he does but to an average driver in a S2k the Fit can hang as far as handling goes, forgot to mention i have 16" rota C10's with sticky S03 PP tires on my Fit as well as some rear seats removed, i brought this thread back because im bored at work and wanted to clear some of this "the S2000 is the greatest car in the world talk". Go buy an EVO.
The S2000 is not the greatest car in the world. But it's certainly better than a Fit.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by bitterspeak
The S2000 is not the greatest car in the world. But it's certainly better than a Fit.
its also twice as much money as a Fit.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
From what you said "BTW, my Fit pulls away from my friends AP2 on long sweeping freeway on and off ramps." Straight line or otherwise, I still think your friend can't drive his car. It definitely has nothing to do with your car having the rota's or S03s. Did someone post in this thread that the S2000 is the greatest car in the world? I sure didn't. If you make a statement that doesn't make sense, there's probably another explanation for it.

Old 07-10-2006, 05:23 PM
From what you said "BTW, my Fit pulls away from my friends AP2 on long sweeping freeway on and off ramps." Straight line or otherwise, I still think your friend can't drive his car. It definitely has nothing to do with your car having the rota's or S03s. Did someone post in this thread that the S2000 is the greatest car in the world? I sure didn't. If you make a statement that doesn't make sense, there's probably another explanation for it.
read the thread and then you will see the amount of S2000 fanboy talk there is on here and you will see why i said what i said. so i guess when you say that my friend doesn't know how to drive a over rated 238 hp car following someone elses line while having the rear of the overpriced rag top step out in a turn, you must be a natural born mario andretti right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV1mZ...ch=honda%20fit
i believe thats a AP2 getting walked by a Fit, he must not know how to drive.

Last edited by 805FitSport; 07-10-2006 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
Just because you like a particular car makes you a fanboy? The video of the Noblesse Fit is pretty cool. I would like to know the specs of it. Of course you can mod any car to beat any other car like the S2000, Evo, M3, etc. Would love to see the Noblesse Fit run against the Amuse S2000 or J's S2000.

Your car is not a Noblesse. Your car is basically stock with wheels/tires. See if you can find another S2000 with a different driver and see if you also pull on that car in sweeper. Or take your car to the track or autox and post your times with the times from the other cars. I guess you must have a Super Fit.

read the thread and then you will see the amount of S2000 fanboy talk there is on here and you will see why i said what i said. so i guess when you say that my friend doesn't know how to drive a over rated 238 hp car following someone elses line while having the rear of the overpriced rag top step out in a turn, you must be a natural born mario andretti right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV1mZ...ch=honda%20fit
i believe thats a AP2 getting walked by a Fit, he must not know how to drive.

Quick Reply: have u ever raced ur fit yet?