Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

have u ever raced ur fit yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Someone that Posts too much
Originally Posted by aywwsd
until you realize different groups have different regulation to what you can do with the body weight and amount of power allowed.
and you always seem to compare the S2000 to the Sti.....

Old 05-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by mav
Since you seem to hate Honda so much, go quit your pathetic loser job and get another pathetic loser job at a Ford dealer where I'm sure you will love selling the Focus.
hate honda? or realastic with common sense.

s2000 is what it is. a decent performing roadster that's pretty fun to drive.

best performing car for the dollar? not by a long shot.

Old 05-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by GoFit
and you always seem to compare the S2000 to the Sti.....
stock vs stock, no regulation, no restriction, similarly priced.

Old 05-10-2006, 05:26 PM
[QUOTE=aywwsd]
take it any track/road course, and watch the s2000 get it's ass handed.

Any road course?

Well then! i'd like you to bring your Sti to a short to medium track that's frequented by S2000 and you'll probably get an answer. Also, are we talking about stock for stock or modded ones? Cause somehow you're getting me confuse with your past post.

And again you seem to have an excuse when compared your Sti to it's shortcomings but none when you're comparing to S2000.

Old 05-10-2006, 05:30 PM

A decent performing car? on straightaways? Long tracks? medium? short? autox? have you driven one on the track?

You really puzzle me....

Old 05-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by mav
1. Ecobox? Funny, whats the EVO then? Its based on an ecobox, the POS Lancer. It doesn't matter if the Carrera GT is 15 times the price of the STi, it still kicks its ass. But for the sake of argument, my other car, a 2004 BMW M3 kicks its ass too around Nürburgring. Isn't the M3 a better comparison to the STi then the S2000? Lets compare apples to apples then.

2. Whats there to compare? One is a roadster and the other is a rally car. All I see is a lot of differences and no similarities.

3. Actually mine made 200 RWHP on the dyno, in stock form and is currently at 235 RWHP with $7K worth of power mods. I have a friend who is running a turbo in his S2000, producing over 300 RWHP.

4. It is the best in its category, you ignorant hillbilly.

5. Dealer insider memos? Then obviously you must have failed reading class in second grade. I guess thats why you working as a lowly salesman in a car dealership. I advise you to go fetch your internal 2007 S2000 color chart and read. All the dealers should have received it by now. And XGA is only a rumor, no reality. I have a friend who also happens to be a high level executive at AHM, and you should stop reading vtec.net so much.

X-frame chassis and its high revving engine are a direct result of its racing heritage. You should go read your own sales brochures more often. Oh wait you failed second grade reading, nevermind.
1. when your m3 start costing around 30-35k, you can compare all you want. and for the sake of argument, we can compare the 2, your m3 only pulls 8.22, my car pulls 8.24, wow, 2 seconds, 20,000 dollars more.

2. other then price. dollar/performance, you lose.

3. wow... 7k worth of mods and only 230whp. i'll push 450whp with 7k worth of mods.

4. best in it's class, yea sure, when the only other cars in the class is the z3 and the 350 vert.

5. i have my memos, you have your friend who knows someone who tells you something.

Old 05-10-2006, 05:46 PM
[quote=GoFit]
take it any track/road course, and watch the s2000 get it's ass handed.

Any road course?

Well then! i'd like you to bring your Sti to a short to medium track that's frequented by S2000 and you'll probably get an answer. Also, are we talking about stock for stock or modded ones? Cause somehow you're getting me confuse with your past post.

And again you seem to have an excuse when compared your Sti to it's shortcomings but none when you're comparing to S2000.
i have no problem admitting my short comings. no hertiage, no history, no awards, no car and driver top 10, ugly, no resale, no reliability, no interior.

and even on a short/medium track, my car will hold it's own. only track you have a chance against is a giant circle. who is the nascar hillbilly now??

Old 05-10-2006, 05:46 PM
A decent performing car? on straightaways? Long tracks? medium? short? autox? have you driven one on the track?

You really puzzle me....
i have driven a s2000 on a track.

real question is have you driven a sti??

Old 05-10-2006, 06:21 PM
I had an 04 EVO VIII with stage 1 from a local shop (AMS tuning).

Last edited by GoFit; 05-10-2006 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=aywwsd]

and even on a short/medium track, my car will hold it's own. only track you have a chance against is a giant circle. who is the nascar hillbilly now??
And where have i mentioned a giant circle? You might wanna scroll up and read my "the S2000 is not for straightlines, for ovals and for rallies.

so now all of a sudden you're car is down to holding it's own?

Old 05-10-2006, 06:28 PM
In fact if you have a buddy that's owns an EVO, i have the stage 1 still sitting in my garage for sale will be going on ebay soon

Old 05-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Oh i'm sorry it's not an Sti.....

Old 05-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Comparing the STI to the S2k as an "equal" vehicle is like comparing an Isuzu Box truck to a Daihatsu Midget......USELESS.

Yes, same price point, both performance cars, blah blah blah, but they provide 2 completely different experiences. Neither one will conclusively *always* outlap the other one, each can better the other given different courses. Straight-line performance is irrelevant, and if you disagree, I'll ask why you aren't driving a Cobra.

Someone who really wants an S2000 is never going to so much as think about an STI, it's just a night and day difference. Neither car is objectively superior to the other one.

Personally, I like lightweight RWD high-revving NA cars....which places me squarely as an S2k buyer (although I'd prefer a hardtop). How do I know I prefer this? I owned a WRX (04) and decided it wasn't my cup of tea, that doesn't mean it's a bad platform, or somehow inferior to the AP1.

Anyway, it doesn't make a lot of sense to compare the two cars by some absolute time-attack criteria. If you were really that serious about it, you'd all have stripped interiors, no AC, no stereo, and full cages. You each are obviously buying your assorted cars for different reasons, so let's leave it at that.

Old 05-10-2006, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by HashiriyaS14
Comparing the STI to the S2k as an "equal" vehicle is like comparing an Isuzu Box truck to a Daihatsu Midget......USELESS.

Yes, same price point, both performance cars, blah blah blah, but they provide 2 completely different experiences. Neither one will conclusively *always* outlap the other one, each can better the other given different courses. Straight-line performance is irrelevant, and if you disagree, I'll ask why you aren't driving a Cobra.

Someone who really wants an S2000 is never going to so much as think about an STI, it's just a night and day difference. Neither car is objectively superior to the other one.

Personally, I like lightweight RWD high-revving NA cars....which places me squarely as an S2k buyer (although I'd prefer a hardtop). How do I know I prefer this? I owned a WRX (04) and decided it wasn't my cup of tea, that doesn't mean it's a bad platform, or somehow inferior to the AP1.

Anyway, it doesn't make a lot of sense to compare the two cars by some absolute time-attack criteria. If you were really that serious about it, you'd all have stripped interiors, no AC, no stereo, and full cages. You each are obviously buying your assorted cars for different reasons, so let's leave it at that.
Thank you.

Old 05-11-2006, 02:07 AM
until you realize different groups have different regulation to what you can do with the body weight and amount of power allowed.
until what???

The rules in the endurance racing allow the same amount of modifications, between A3 (S2000) and A6 (Sti), so the STi should be faster and it is - over a few laps. The EVOs/WRX seem to loose to the S2000 race after race by consistently spending more time in the pits... Does this tell you anything about reliability?

Why don't you go and turn up the boost a bit on your ecobox and try to see if you can get in 20 laps before overheating/breaking down?

Old 05-11-2006, 07:13 AM
mav
how about you try to understand different groups and regulation. sti/evo have different regulation then s2000, and they dont even run in the same division group.
Exactly the point.

judging by your comments so far, your mom indeed is what she is.

and in auto x, s2000 dont own anything. evo/sti vs s2000 is a driver's race. take it any track/road course, and watch the s2000 get it's ass handed.

as for what you lost... how about common sense? s2000 best performing car for the price range. lay off the crack pipe.

p.s. last time i checked, a cardboard box next to a pay phone, your dad's car, doesnt make you any successful.
And judging by your comments, your mommy is a bitch by default for giving birth to an idiot like you. The world is full of idiots, we didn't need another one. And for the love of God, please keep your shit in your pants. The word doesn't need a bunch of aywwsd juniors running loose.

Not really, most S2000 drivers beat EVO/STi drivers so either the car just doesn't do well in auto-x or EVo/STi drivers suck. Its funny too... locally

I said that the S2000 is the best in its class, meaning roadster category. Reading comprehension would do you some good.

Wrong again. I have what have due to my own hard work. Its OK though, I forgive you for making your jealous assumptions. Not everyone can have what I have at 30 years old. Maybe if you learned to read, you would be doing better in life than selling cars for Honda. Loser.

Well it is a great performing car for the dollar, considering that it beats its more expensive competitors like the Z4, SLK and Boxster. Its definitely not the best though, IMO the distinction belongs to the Lotus Elise and the Z06.

stock vs stock, no regulation, no restriction, similarly priced.
The STi can be only compared to the EVO. Are you afraid that an overglorified ecobox is better?

1. when your m3 start costing around 30-35k, you can compare all you want. and for the sake of argument, we can compare the 2, your m3 only pulls 8.22, my car pulls 8.24, wow, 2 seconds, 20,000 dollars more.

2. other then price. dollar/performance, you lose.

3. wow... 7k worth of mods and only 230whp. i'll push 450whp with 7k worth of mods.

4. best in it's class, yea sure, when the only other cars in the class is the z3 and the 350 vert.

5. i have my memos, you have your friend who knows someone who tells you something.
1. A MY2001 M3 can be brought for around $35K now, which places it in STi territory. So lets compare, the M3 is better in every sinlge way.

2. Compared to others in its class, not really. See my worthless post above because I hate repeating myself if you can't read.

3. Yeah well I went the NA route and purchased all JDM parts. I could have spent $7K on a Vortech S/C but for me, power isn't everything. I didn't want to ruin the handling or reliability. IMO, the S2000 isn't meant to be FI'ed.

4. Miata, Z4, SLK, Boxster

5. Go fetch boy, go fetch.

who is the nascar hillbilly now??
You are. Damn, this is so easy.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:29 AM
I just wanna here about Fits being raced.
Lets here about the best oversteer fix for the Fit. Mine recomposes itself fine after lifting throttle but I was hoping a quick throttle release would at least fling some degree of the rear end outward. I mean the with this wheelbase, it should be intuitive.
Anyway I thought I'd steer the discussion to something interesting, or so?

Old 05-11-2006, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member
Really this whole series of rants should be cut and pasted into another thread

Old 05-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by mav
1. A MY2001 M3 can be brought for around $35K now, which places it in STi territory. So lets compare, the M3 is better in every sinlge way.
Not that I really want to get myself too far into this thread, but no car is "better in every single way" than any other car. The STi is not "better in every single way" than a '91 Ford Festiva, because the Festiva gets better gas mileage and has a useful hatchback.

An M3 and an STi have vastly different design criteria, so they cannot be compared directly like that.

You also cannot compare cars independent of price, as that would be retarded. You can't say that a Gallardo is "better at everything" than the STI, because apparently the STI is better at NOT costing more than a townhouse.

Hell, even the Evo and STI, which are VERY similar cars, weren't designed to do EXACTLY the same thing, not from factory (although they are close). Neither one is objectively better than the other, they reward somewhat different driving styles, and each car has its fans.

So cut this shxt out.

Old 05-11-2006, 09:43 AM
mav
Originally Posted by HashiriyaS14
Not that I really want to get myself too far into this thread, but no car is "better in every single way" than any other car. The STi is not "better in every single way" than a '91 Ford Festiva, because the Festiva gets better gas mileage and has a useful hatchback.

An M3 and an STi have vastly different design criteria, so they cannot be compared directly like that.

You also cannot compare cars independent of price, as that would be retarded. You can't say that a Gallardo is "better at everything" than the STI, because apparently the STI is better at NOT costing more than a townhouse.

Hell, even the Evo and STI, which are VERY similar cars, weren't designed to do EXACTLY the same thing, not from factory (although they are close). Neither one is objectively better than the other, they reward somewhat different driving styles, and each car has its fans.

So cut this shxt out.
I agree and understand. No car is absolutely better than any other. Well maybe the Enzo or Carrera GT. Anyways, my comments are purely sarcastic in nature.

Quick Reply: have u ever raced ur fit yet?