Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

have u ever raced ur fit yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
this gets better and better. i love it. its like im taking an online class.

Old 05-08-2006, 03:13 AM
Monocoque (French for "single shell") or unibody is a construction technique that uses the external skin of an object to support some or most of the load on the structure. This stands in contrast with using an internal framework (or truss) that is then covered with a non-load-bearing skin. Monocoque construction was first widely used in aircraft, starting in the 1930s, and is the predominant automobile construction technology today.

You needent be so offended but what I am saying. I'm merely expressing my opinion.

I actually would classify the Miata more as a roadster than a sports car. My bad on the touring car, I agree with you on that point.

Old 05-08-2006, 06:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Occidio
I actually would classify the Miata more as a roadster than a sports car. My bad on the touring car, I agree with you on that point.
See, that's how we get into these arguments. You would call the Miata a roadster, which is your opinion. I would tend not to disagree with you, but if we assume any car with seating for only two occupants falls in the definition of a "sportscar," then the Miata would qualify. "Roadster" might be a subclass of the family. Can we agree on that?

No matter what a Miata is, I drove my brother's last summer (he bought it for his wife; he has an STi), and it sure was fun. I can only imagine the S2000 would be significantly better on most, if not all counts. I would take anyone of the three, if I weren't paying for them.

Since I choose to do other things with my $$, the Fit is for me. Not a sportscar, but if I can believe the members on this forum, should be fun to drive, along with providing basic transpo/hauling when the bike is inappropriate.

Old 05-08-2006, 06:59 AM
mav
I'm not saying the S2000 is a bad car, but when you compare it to real race cars it's just not in the same class. Is it a great Honda product? Sure it is. Is it a sporty car, I agree. Is it a sports car in the true sense, you would have to be dilusional to think so. A porsche Cayman is a true sports car, a lamborgini, Ferrari, Bugatti, McLaren, TVR, Lotus, but a S2000? Do you honestly believe that your car belongs in the same sports car status?

An S2000 is a great touring car like the Miata, but as a sports car it is pushing it.
Add this to the ever so growing collection of dumb sayings made on this dumb forum.

A touring car is more like an 350Z or M3, which I would also define as sports cars.

The S2000, like the Miata, is definitely a roadster and a sports car in the truest sense of the term. If you disagree, then you don't know anything about the S2000 nor have ever driven one. You should start by reading some professional reviews about the S2000 then go out and test drive one so at least you know what you are talking about instead of sounding like an ignorant moron. A little knowledge goes a long way.

Perhaps I am wrong and there have been undocumented success of this vehicle as a racing platform. I would challenge those to show me that I am wrong but until I see evidence proving otherwise, I think the argument of the S2000 as a strong platform is squashed.
Wrong. Here's some proof...

Amuse S2000 - nicknamed the Touge Monster, has beaten most cars in the infamous Touge Showdown

ASM S2000 Tsukuba Special - Fastest Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive Car in the Tsukuba Lap Battle

AJ Racing S2000 - winner of the Limited FR Class Super Street Time Attack

So what were you babbling about again?

Last edited by mav; 05-08-2006 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:05 AM
An S2000 is a sports car in the purest sense of the word, it's daily driveability is heavily compromised for the benefit of track prowess.

It has a 9000rpm (now slightly lower) engine, very stiff suspension, excellent braking, and a lightweight chassis.

Anyone who disagrees with this doesn't know the definition of sports car.

And I dunno what this crap is about a Mustang Cobra being faster than an S2000.....hopefully we aren't talking about drag racing here. An S2k will hand a Cobra it's ass on most circuits, save those with VERY long straight sections.

Last edited by HashiriyaS14; 05-08-2006 at 07:08 AM.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:26 AM
5 Year Member
The S2000 is a sportscar ! Period.

If not, then what is a sportscar by definition?

Old 05-08-2006, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ezekielwhore
this gets better and better. i love it. its like im taking an online class.
Some people like to......

Old 05-08-2006, 08:24 AM
The argument was not if it was a sports car but that it was a good racing platform but we're not going to get anything solved on an online forum.

Back on topic, I wish I could race my fit on a track but at last it's still in transit, and no it's not a race car lol

Old 05-08-2006, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Monocoque (French for "single shell") or unibody is a construction technique that uses the external skin of an object to support some or most of the load on the structure. This stands in contrast with using an internal framework (or truss) that is then covered with a non-load-bearing skin. Monocoque construction was first widely used in aircraft, starting in the 1930s, and is the predominant automobile construction technology today.

You needent be so offended but what I am saying. I'm merely expressing my opinion.

I'm not offended, I'm correcting you.

Its like saying the world is flat and then when someone shows you a picture of Earth from space saying, "Hey! Don't be so mean, its just my opinion." But hey, they have forums, too. Here's a link if you're interested: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/

Old 05-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by mav
Add this to the ever so growing collection of dumb sayings made on this dumb forum.

A touring car is more like an 350Z or M3, which I would also define as sports cars.

The S2000, like the Miata, is definitely a roadster and a sports car in the truest sense of the term. If you disagree, then you don't know anything about the S2000 nor have ever driven one. You should start by reading some professional reviews about the S2000 then go out and test drive one so at least you know what you are talking about instead of sounding like an ignorant moron. A little knowledge goes a long way.

Wrong. Here's some proof...

Amuse S2000 - nicknamed the Touge Monster, has beaten most cars in the infamous Touge Showdown

ASM S2000 Tsukuba Special - Fastest Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive Car in the Tsukuba Lap Battle

AJ Racing S2000 - winner of the Limited FR Class Super Street Time Attack

So what were you babbling about again?
amuse s2000, stop humping best motoring dvds.

you bringing up asm s2000, it's runs 59 seconds. hks evo 54 seconds.

last japan time attack open challenge on tsubuka with 39 cars, where did your s2000 place?

aj racing s2000, limited fr super street at buttonwillow only happened for 2 years, barely anyone has even heard of them. other then s2000 owner who has never won anything else, mainly because only a handful of tuner even entered the race.

so, really, what are you babbling about?

Old 05-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by mav
Are you kidding me?

1. Better? This is why the S2000 constantly beats these cars in auto-x? The Evo and STI are fairly equal to a S2000 with a good driver. The Cobra and GTO are faster in a 1/4 mile but put them in the curves, S2000 wins. 350Z is fairly equal. 330, RX-8 and IS350 are not even close.

2. No it doesn't but the rigid chassis certainly makes it better than most in its class. The S2000 in stock form isn't a real race car, true. But thats not what I'm saying smarty pants. The S2000 in stock form is an excellent racing platform from which a true race car can be born. Examples - Amuse S2000 GT1, ASM S2000 (which is the fastest FE FR NA car in the Tsukuba Lap Battle), J's Racing S2000, Spoon S2000, C-West S2000 and AJ-R's S2000 (which won the Limited FR Class Super Street Time Attack).

3. The S2000 has good HP, good brakes and a good powerband.

4. You sound like the typical ignorant redneck. I bet you like NASCAR too.

5. You don't but heritage means experience and history has shown that Honda knows how to win.
1. only in autox where you can barely get out of 2nd gear. go try real circuit.

nurburgring s2000 runs 8.39
sti spec c runs 7.59
base sti run 8.24
evo ix 8.19

2. see my last post. your claims again, meaningless.

3. have you ever even seen a f20/f22 dyno? no power what so ever unless you rev past 6k.

4. nascar? at least make a pathetic attempt and try WRC.

5. really? hertiage, in what? your s2000 only been out for 6 years, never really has ever won anything, and about to be discotinued next year.

Old 05-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by fshwcrs
I'm not offended, I'm correcting you.

Its like saying the world is flat and then when someone shows you a picture of Earth from space saying, "Hey! Don't be so mean, its just my opinion." But hey, they have forums, too. Here's a link if you're interested: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/
Yeah the touring car was a posting mistake lol I actually wanted to say roadster, but I must have been drunk while posting.

I have no idea what you are trying to say regarding the monocoque chasis and how that is wrong or how I have got it wrong.

My oppinions are valid but that website you quoted is hillarious.

Old 05-08-2006, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah the touring car was a posting mistake lol I actually wanted to say roadster, but I must have been drunk while posting.

I have no idea what you are trying to say regarding the monocoque chasis and how that is wrong or how I have got it wrong.

My oppinions are valid but that website you quoted is hillarious.
You said something about F1 being a monocoque chassis and the S2000 being made by conventional means or something like that.

Old 05-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Oh that, when i was talking about the monocoque chassis I was talking about the difference between the F1 car and the S2000.

The S2000 car is a car made from a frame that has been welded together ie:

Here is the URL "http://www.pistonheads.com/pics/news/10015-100624-1-t.jpg" just incase the link doesn't work.

The F1 has a chassis that is made of carbon fiber that is placed in a mold and is baked creating a one pice "monocoque" chassis, ie:

Sorry about the pic, it's the best I could find.

Welded frames are not monocoque and are not as rigid as a monocoque frame.

Last edited by Occidio; 05-08-2006 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Someone that Posts too much
3. have you ever even seen a f20/f22 dyno? no power what so ever unless you rev past 6k.

That's the characteristic of the car, when on the track that's where you'd want to be with the S2000, on the top end.

And what power are you talking about? HP at the crank is 238 (new rating) AP1's had dynoed over 200 HP and AP2's over 210 at the wheels. The S2000 is not a rally car or one that race an oval or drag race, Compare the S2000 to something more similar like the Z350, Z4, boxster, Cayman S.

Old 05-08-2006, 04:05 PM
mav
Originally Posted by aywwsd
amuse s2000, stop humping best motoring dvds.

you bringing up asm s2000, it's runs 59 seconds. hks evo 54 seconds.

last japan time attack open challenge on tsubuka with 39 cars, where did your s2000 place?

aj racing s2000, limited fr super street at buttonwillow only happened for 2 years, barely anyone has even heard of them. other then s2000 owner who has never won anything else, mainly because only a handful of tuner even entered the race.

so, really, what are you babbling about?
Stop humping fat ugly chicks, its bad for your brain.

Comparing the ASM S2000 to the HKS EVO is like comparing Alessandra Ambrosio to Oprah Winfrey.

First in its class.

50 entries, featuring Signal, C-West, Works, J's Racing, Cusco, Mackin, Tein and A&J is hardly a "handful of tuners", unless you failed math class.

Don't stick your foot in your mouth that often and you won't babble.

Old 05-08-2006, 04:07 PM
mav
Originally Posted by aywwsd
1. only in autox where you can barely get out of 2nd gear. go try real circuit.

nurburgring s2000 runs 8.39
sti spec c runs 7.59
base sti run 8.24
evo ix 8.19

2. see my last post. your claims again, meaningless.

4. nascar? at least make a pathetic attempt and try WRC.

5. really? hertiage, in what? your s2000 only been out for 6 years, never really has ever won anything, and about to be discotinued next year.
1. And the Porsche Carrera GT beats your precious STi and EVO with a time of 7.32. Your point? Oh wait, you don't have one.

2. See my last meaningless post to counter your meaningless post.

3. I've dyno'ed my own S2000. I have no problem running my F20C to 9K RPMs to achieve power.

4. Sure fooled me. For second, I thought you're a NASCAR hillbilly.

5. Wrong. The S2000 is being renewed for another year - MY2007. Suzuka Blue and Sebring Silver are both dropped, and Grand Prix White / Black is being replaced with GPW / Red and Black. Since you work for a Honda dealer and this has already been announced by the network for some time, I'm surprised that you didn't know. Or perhaps you're the typical car sales guy? The type that talks a lot of shit but doesn't know anything about the product hes selling. And the heritage that I am referring to is Honda's racing heritage in general, not the S2000's.

Last edited by mav; 05-10-2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Phew! At least nothing I said this time made Mav's dumb quote list.

I think it was in a Clancy book I was reading once, but he mentioned the one irrefutable fact that confirms the world is round: Time Zones.

If the world were flat, we would all be on the same time.

Any flatearthers want to argue that one???

Old 05-08-2006, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
Oh that, when i was talking about the monocoque chassis I was talking about the difference between the F1 car and the S2000.

The S2000 car is a car made from a frame that has been welded together ie:

*picture*

Here is the URL "http://www.pistonheads.com/pics/news/10015-100624-1-t.jpg" just incase the link doesn't work.

The F1 has a chassis that is made of carbon fiber that is placed in a mold and is baked creating a one pice "monocoque" chassis, ie:

*picture*

Sorry about the pic, it's the best I could find.

Welded frames are not monocoque and are not as rigid as a monocoque frame.
The S2000 *is* a monocoque chassis, as is almost every car built today.

Here is a little bit about the S2000 from Wikipedia:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Awards
  • The S2000 was on Car and Driver's Ten Best list for 2000 through 2002 and 2004.
  • The F20C engine won the International Engine of the Year award in the "1.8 to 2 liter" size category for five years from 2000 through 2004.
  • The S2000 was voted as the #1 sports car and #1 car overall in the 2004 and 2005 Top Gear viewer survey. It was also voted the most 'loved' car - this award also depends on reliability ratings.
  • The S2000 was the highest-ranked model in the J.D. Power 2004 Vehicle Dependability Study's "Premium Sports Car" class (covering 2001 models). It consistently holds one of the top three positions.
Reviews

The S2000 has received much praise from critics and motoring journalists and has received favourable reviews from Car and Driver, Car magazine, the Los Angeles Times and Road & Track magazine, among others. In particular, most reviewers single out the power output and 9000 rpm redline of the engine and the handling characteristics of the stiff chassis. These attributes have been cast both as pro and con, depending on the tastes of the reviewer.
So what awards has your Impreza won, awysd?

Last edited by fshwcrs; 05-08-2006 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:05 AM
show me the money

Originally Posted by kentris
There's videos of a the Fit keeping up and even passing Evo8s, Skylines, RX7 I think.

It also passed an S2K on a track, but on the straight it couldn't keep up, but on corners it over took.
I would love to see this video i used to have an evo lol

and my brother has an evo rite now so yea...that would be tite

Quick Reply: have u ever raced ur fit yet?