Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

have u ever raced ur fit yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by ezekielwhore
best thread ever.
I do what I can to entertain.

Old 05-07-2006, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aywwsd
1. evo, sti, cobra, and gto, all better. 350z, 330, rx8, is350 all fairly equal.

2. most cars also arent race cars. the fact s2000 might be stiffer then civics and accords doesnt make it the best like you are claiming.

3. torque indeed isnt everything. do you want to see who got more hp, bigger brakes, better power band, etc?

4. s2000 gives up plenty, the complete lack of power for one.

5. i dont need my pocket rocket to have a grand hertiage. you can have your heritage, i'll win the races.
1) Cobra and GTO? lol "in its class." And I've edged out more than one Evo, and from what I've read Evos are slightly quicker than STi's. Not saying I'm faster than all of em, though.

2) Since I was obviously talking about Civics and Accords, right?

3) More power but still slower doesn't mean shit. More and bigger is not always better.

4) *shrug* I don't need to be able to say my car has 300hp to feel better about my small penis. I'd rather have finesse and precision than brute force anyday.

5) 4 door, 3300lb "pocket rocket?" haha. What races do you win? Offroading doesn't count, either.

http://www.s2ki.com/Home/index.php?o...=238&Itemid=60

In Solo2, the GTO and Cobra are classed F-Stock, while the Evo/STi/S2000 are A-Stock. That's with 60 less hp and half the tq (compared to the evo/sti, and its even worse comparing to the muscle cars). I think that says something.

Old 05-07-2006, 12:44 AM
^^^ LOL... dude, just stop. You're not gonna get anywhere with this guy since he constantly strays from the topic. #2 is the perfect example.

I think a "debate" class should be mandatory in high schools. It would teach people to learn how to stay on topic and the various levels of significance of the topics at-hand.

Last edited by cvc2nr; 05-07-2006 at 12:47 AM.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
Wow! Centripetal force, velocity deltas, and fanboy, all in one thread. Where's the popcorn?

Last I saw, neither F1 cars, nor Lemans prototypes had roofs. Neither do CART or Indy Racing League. Geez...someone should tell those guys they aren't really racing.

My friends and I used to race around the neighborhood on our bicycles. We were all fairly equal, and sure felt like we were racing, although since we were't driving Evos, or STi's I guess we weren't. Chalk up one more shattered childhood illusion. Point is: That's why they have those things called "classes." So everyone can race whatever they have, and still have fun.

Besides, me and my little NC30 can wax all you mofos. Did I tell you about the time I saw Shumy in his Amuse GT and took him on the outside???

Old 05-07-2006, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by BKKJack

Besides, me and my little NC30 can wax all you mofos. Did I tell you about the time I saw Shumy in his Amuse GT and took him on the outside???
LOL... Schumacher never was very good on blocking the outside. Good job!

p.s. - Oh, but just imagine what the F1 cars would handle like if they had roofs. why... they would be hitting at least 10g's.

Last edited by cvc2nr; 05-07-2006 at 01:22 AM.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by BKKJack
Last I saw, neither F1 cars, nor Lemans prototypes had roofs. Neither do CART or Indy Racing League. Geez...someone should tell those guys they aren't really racing.
Very true, but remember they also don't have the big holes in the side of the structure that we call doors.

Old 05-07-2006, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cvc2nr
p.s. - Oh, but just imagine what the F1 cars would handle like if they had roofs. why... they would be hitting at least 10g's.
Personally, I would like to see them do away with the crazy aerodynamics, go back to full slicks, and let those guys really race. IMO the aerodynamic aids and the associated turbulence are killing the fun. Not a problem with bikes. MotoGP rules!

Originally Posted by DRum
Very true, but remember they also don't have the big holes in the side of the structure that we call doors.
Careful there. Logical statements like that are not conducive to a good flamewar!

Old 05-07-2006, 07:24 AM
mav
Originally Posted by aywwsd
1. evo, sti, cobra, and gto, all better. 350z, 330, rx8, is350 all fairly equal.

2. most cars also arent race cars. the fact s2000 might be stiffer then civics and accords doesnt make it the best like you are claiming.

3. torque indeed isnt everything. do you want to see who got more hp, bigger brakes, better power band, etc?

4. s2000 gives up plenty, the complete lack of power for one.

5. i dont need my pocket rocket to have a grand hertiage. you can have your heritage, i'll win the races.
Are you kidding me?

1. Better? This is why the S2000 constantly beats these cars in auto-x? The Evo and STI are fairly equal to a S2000 with a good driver. The Cobra and GTO are faster in a 1/4 mile but put them in the curves, S2000 wins. 350Z is fairly equal. 330, RX-8 and IS350 are not even close.

2. No it doesn't but the rigid chassis certainly makes it better than most in its class. The S2000 in stock form isn't a real race car, true. But thats not what I'm saying smarty pants. The S2000 in stock form is an excellent racing platform from which a true race car can be born. Examples - Amuse S2000 GT1, ASM S2000 (which is the fastest FE FR NA car in the Tsukuba Lap Battle), J's Racing S2000, Spoon S2000, C-West S2000 and AJ-R's S2000 (which won the Limited FR Class Super Street Time Attack).

3. The S2000 has good HP, good brakes and a good powerband.

4. You sound like the typical ignorant redneck. I bet you like NASCAR too.

5. You don't but heritage means experience and history has shown that Honda knows how to win.

Old 05-07-2006, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
This is really cracking me up

Bottom line we are all car guys and gals;some like drop tops with screaming redlines, some boosted flat 4's with big wings; some with pushrod V8's.........it's all good people.

Old 05-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Someone that Posts too much
mav

hey man! don't sweat it.... can't argue with someone that doesn't know the S2000.

Old 05-07-2006, 05:53 PM
OK first off, where in the world do you go comparing a F1 car to a s2000? An f1 car has such a low center of gravity and small cavity that the stifness is not affected by it. Not to mention the large air intake ABOVE the car that adds rigidity to the chasis. Make no mistake, the intake is very strong structually since the car has to be strong enough to be lifted from it!

I'm not saying the S2000 is a bad car, but when you compare it to real race cars it's just not in the same class. Is it a great Honda product? Sure it is. Is it a sporty car, I agree. Is it a sports car in the true sense, you would have to be dilusional to think so. A porsche Cayman is a true sports car, a lamborgini, Ferrari, Bugatti, McLaren, TVR, Lotus, but a S2000? Do you honestly believe that your car belongs in the same sports car status?

An S2000 is a great touring car like the Miata, but as a sports car it is pushing it.

Old 05-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by cvc2nr
Using F1 cars and comparing them to convertables such as the S2000 is popostorous. How can you legitemately compare a monocoque chasis to one that is constructed by conventional means?

I belive my original argument stands.

Last edited by Occidio; 05-07-2006 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Believe me, I'm not trying to discredit the handeling capabilities of the Fit. It's believable that the Fit can keep up through many turns since it's just so much lighter. The required centripetal force (I don't know if there's a "racing" term for centripetal force) to get the Fit around the turn is much smaller than that of an s2000/EG/EK because of its weight.

The Sports model wieghs over 2,400lbs and EG/EK are 2,090-2,200lbs... It has alot to do with the fact that the Fit has a long/wide wheel base, rear beam suspension configuration, and the fuel tank is in the center of the car.

http://automobiles.honda.com/images/...141_eprint.pdf

.79G on the skidpad for the Fit

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/ro...0403scc_s2000/

.89G for the AP2
.92G for the AP1

I would figure out the velocity deltas for different radius arcs, but I think the skidpad numbers (and common sense) illustrate quite clearly the fact that the S2000 will be faster in steady state cornering situations.

Also in comparison that this is a professional driver driving these #'s and not average to experience drivers on the street... So I would say that a good driver in a Fit could make the difference with a poor driver in an AP1/AP2 or vise versa...

Old 05-07-2006, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
I believe this is your original argument:

Originally Posted by Occidio
I don't think the S2000 is a good race platform for one reason and one reason only, it's a convertable.

I don't know of many cars that can be regarded as a race car with no top. It just lacks the rigidity needed for a good race platform.
I cannot quote chapter and verse on the S2000's racing heritage, successes, or failures, but based on the statements of some of the other members, it appears to have had some success. I think, therefore, it must be at least as good a race platform as the cars against which it is racing.

Argument seated.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:32 AM
Oh yeah!?!?!? An S2000 will never beat an Evo or STi in a special stage rally... take that! PWNED BIYATCHES!

Can you imagine a Fit running in G2? Would be very interesting.

But an S2000 is a beautiful car to watch (even better to drive) while autocrossing. Very well composed in the corners and during braking. Like a proper sports car. The Evo and STi does annoy me with that front end push.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:03 AM
The onus is not on me to prove that the S2000 isn't a great race car but rather the opposite. Simply because members of this board, which might I add own this vehicle, state that the car is a great racing platform doesn't mean that it actually is. There is an obvious bias to those who own a car to think it is greater than it truly is.

Sure, I've heard the rhetoric from Honda claiming it is from a F1 racing heritage but the same could be said for any car ie. Ford, after all, isn't the Ford Cosworth also a F1 manufacturer with success? One could say the Focus is a rally inspired car, but at least one could see that vehicle, though heavily modified, has had true success in terms of a WRC championship.

I don't think I could say the same for the S2000. I would ask in what series have you seen the S2000 have any success? The only series I have found so far with a S2000 as a winner was the J's racing S2000, where it races other S2000's. When you are all racing the same car I would hardly call this a successful platform compared to other cars.

Then there is the Super Taiku, a race which is held with vehicles other than the S2000. Every year there has been an S2000 competing in this event where it racing against the likes of Lancers, Altezas, Integras, WRX's, and Porsche's yet the S2000 has never won one event. Not one race. Is this a great racing platform? The lack of success while using this platform has been evident and as a result, no S2000 is entered in this race for the current year.

Perhaps I am wrong and there have been undocumented success of this vehicle as a racing platform. I would challenge those to show me that I am wrong but until I see evidence proving otherwise, I think the argument of the S2000 as a strong platform is squashed.

I still think the S2000 is an awesome car, heck if someone handed one to me I would have a blast. But I am aware of where this car is in terms of a racing car and I wouldn't be so naive as to think of it as a true sports car.

Argument unseated.

Last edited by Occidio; 05-08-2006 at 03:33 AM.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:10 AM
5 Year Member

Argument unseated.
Points taken. I cannot argue the specifics, due to lack of knowledge. Some other members, given the time and inclination, might take up my slack.

Cheers.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by moeye
Oh yeah!?!?!? An S2000 will never beat an Evo or STi in a special stage rally... take that! PWNED BIYATCHES!
Now we are talking. IMO those rally drivers, might be the very best! They definitely have the biggest balls.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:17 AM
Lol rally drivers really are a special breed. I marvel at the skill needed to attack a course with such speed and skill whilst ingnoring the hazards, ie. steep cliffs only meters away.

Simply amazing.

Old 05-08-2006, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
OK first off, where in the world do you go comparing a F1 car to a s2000? An f1 car has such a low center of gravity and small cavity that the stifness is not affected by it. Not to mention the large air intake ABOVE the car that adds rigidity to the chasis. Make no mistake, the intake is very strong structually since the car has to be strong enough to be lifted from it!

I'm not saying the S2000 is a bad car, but when you compare it to real race cars it's just not in the same class. Is it a great Honda product? Sure it is. Is it a sporty car, I agree. Is it a sports car in the true sense, you would have to be dilusional to think so. A porsche Cayman is a true sports car, a lamborgini, Ferrari, Bugatti, McLaren, TVR, Lotus, but a S2000? Do you honestly believe that your car belongs in the same sports car status?

An S2000 is a great touring car like the Miata, but as a sports car it is pushing it.
The F1 thing was obviously sarcasm...

We aren't saying a mass produced street legal car is a race car...

Those cars are all EXOTICS, with the exception of the cayman, which is an overpriced sporty luxury car. Or more accurately, a status symbol.

A miata is a true sports car, and a touring car is usually a big sedan made for cruising. You should really know what these classifications mean before throwing random cars into them.

Using F1 cars and comparing them to convertables such as the S2000 is popostorous. How can you legitemately compare a monocoque chasis to one that is constructed by conventional means?

I belive my original argument stands.
Maybe you should learn what a monocoque (not to mention spell check) is? So far you aren't doing so well in the "knowing what you're talking about" category, there, buddy.

Quick Reply: have u ever raced ur fit yet?