Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

have u ever raced ur fit yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Hahahah!! The Yaris makes me laugh, not only because its ugly but because its slow as balls!
I thought the Echo was bad. :-/
Ya, too bad the Fit is even slower according to Car and Driver, Edmunds, Motor Trend, etc. That MT is real quick, a 10.9 second 0-60 wow, what a race car. You guys need to save some more money and buy something quick.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member
^^ if you hate the Fit so much why you even here...

Old 12-12-2007, 10:07 AM
I have a Fit as a daily driver. I also Have an 2006 SI. I don't hate the Fit, just find it ironic that you all think it is a race car.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hiroko12
I have a Fit as a daily driver. I also Have an 2006 SI. I don't hate the Fit, just find it ironic that you all think it is a race car.
if its there car let them race who cares... i only race against 3 ppl and won 2 of the 3 so in the other if i wanted to be like everybody else i would of the CIVIC SI which is to me is slow...

Old 12-12-2007, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
The Fit is a little econo box. Not a race car just a little cargo carrying econo car. Anyone saying a Fit will beat an SI, a GTI, S2000, etc. is high on something or dreaming. The Yaris is faster than a Fit stock to stock. Why would anyone in their right mind by a Fit to race? By the time you add a Turbo or SC and all the other equipment, you could have bought a truly fast car. It's stupid.

Thanks for nothing.

I wont be challenging any Yaris, but I'll line to see one in an autoX having more fun than me.

Now please sell yours and go buy a yaris

Old 12-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Why would anyone in their right mind by a Fit to race? By the time you add a Turbo or SC and all the other equipment, you could have bought a truly fast car. It's stupid.
Because that is all they can afford to make payments on each month, and they still want something that would be reliable. Like me ... but i guess i'm just stupid

Old 12-12-2007, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thejroisgo
Because that is all they can afford to make payments on each month, and they still want something that would be reliable. Like me ... but i guess i'm just stupid

Yeah!!!! And that too!!!!!!!

reliable, fun to drive, and with lots of stuff we can carry!!!!

And damm it ................ fast too ( relative )

So you are not stupid.............cause I am stupid too then....................

Last edited by carlosalicea; 12-12-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
Hmmm I dunno, why do I race my Fit? Because I ****ing can!! And beating faster cars in the infield is FUN AS HELL!! I've got a little YouTube video from this weekend's track day with my Fit on Kuhmo VictoRacers, Skunk2 Suspension, Cusco Strut Bars, Progress Rear Swaybar, T1R Front A Brace, a RaceTech bucket with a SafeQuip harnes, Hawk HPS Pads, T1R Brake Lines and Motul600. I was spanking around a pretty modified Acura TSX all day and leaving a track preped Mazda3 in the dust!!! A turbo Audi A4 had a lot more power than me but my speed through the infield kept him 3 corners behind me all the way through. DO NOT and I mean DO NOT underestimate the Fit's track capabilities. It is a VERY stable, VERY nimble, VERY PREDICTABLE car to road race in. I'd say its perfect for a beginner like myself since its pretty hard for me to make a mistake in it, when it oversteers just a tad it slips enough to let you know that if you keep going you're getting into trouble, just a quick tap of the steering wheel in the oposing direction brings the rear end back in check and you're flying out of the Apex with aplomb!!! ITS AN AWESOME CAR TO ROAD RACE IN!!!

Drag racing? Well you'd be better off dragging and Anchor behind it down the 1320.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
interesting...

raced a modded 2nd gen mr2 turbo today on the twisties and kept up with him somehow...

Old 12-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by honda_david
interesting...

raced a modded 2nd gen mr2 turbo today on the twisties and kept up with him somehow...
Sure you did, and you woke up then?

Old 12-12-2007, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
the road we went on is basically a nice new road that has just been made. it starts out on sharp turns and mild curves, then it turns into a straight path.
he was faster on the straight road, of course. on the turns, i kept up with him. so no, i wasn't dreaming. sorry if i know how to get the best out of my fit when it comes to twisties.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:53 AM
If you have nothing to offer this thread then maybe you should just leave. I don't care how much you kick, scream, call us liars, and say that we over exaggerate and whatever else it is you do while you're e-thuggin', but we know what we are capable of doing. About 6 months ago while at the streets of willow springs with one of the groups I often race with I out drove a WRX. I'm not saying that I'm an amazing driver, but you've got to think about all of the factors of the race. I had no idea who the guy was and if he had ever been to the track before, but that day I out drove him.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:16 AM
5 Year Member
last night i decided to race my FIT agains full bolt on spec V (CAI/H/E)... guess what i had him by at least 1 1/2 car lenght until he decide to go again same thing... so you can race the fit its pretty much down the driver thats all
and thats his car
YouTube - Spec-v with a greddy Evo2 Exhaust Soundclip

Last edited by Zangoose GD3 Blue; 12-13-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:30 AM
You guys are hysterical!

Old 12-13-2007, 08:32 AM
5 Year Member
yep and the civic SI is fast... i guess its true then in every forum there will be that one individual that think his stuff dont st!nck.... lol E-thugging thats something new

Last edited by Zangoose GD3 Blue; 12-13-2007 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:57 AM
hiroko12 - stop baiting other members.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
last night i decided to race my FIT agains full bolt on spec V (CAI/H/E)... guess what i had him by at least 1 1/2 car lenght until he decide to go again same thing... so you can race the fit its pretty much down the driver thats all
and thats his car
YouTube - Spec-v with a greddy Evo2 Exhaust Soundclip

don't take this in a negative manner, but that kid must be an awful driver. i managed a 14.9 in my spec v with the same mods...back in 2002.

as for racing a fit...i've been road racing for the last 3 years. i run a wrx wagon built for track duty, in nasa time trials as well as super streets and redlines time attack series.

i bought a fit for a daily driver, but after one week it already has stb's, rear sway, ksport co's coming, and wheels/tires. i plan on taking it to our next local event jan. 5th, and i'll be running at laguna seca jan. 19th(they have a 92 decibal rule, so the wrx is out). i think the car will be pretty darn fun on the track.

one rule to remember with road racing: fast car doesn't make for a fast driver.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wgnths
don't take this in a negative manner, but that kid must be an awful driver. i managed a 14.9 in my spec v with the same mods...back in 2002.

as for racing a fit...i've been road racing for the last 3 years. i run a wrx wagon built for track duty, in nasa time trials as well as super streets and redlines time attack series.

i bought a fit for a daily driver, but after one week it already has stb's, rear sway, ksport co's coming, and wheels/tires. i plan on taking it to our next local event jan. 5th, and i'll be running at laguna seca jan. 19th(they have a 92 decibal rule, so the wrx is out). i think the car will be pretty darn fun on the track.

one rule to remember with road racing: fast car doesn't make for a fast driver.
lol totally agreeing with you dude

Old 12-15-2007, 12:12 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
The Fit is a little econo box. Not a race car just a little cargo carrying econo car. Anyone saying a Fit will beat an SI, a GTI, S2000, etc. is high on something or dreaming. The Yaris is faster than a Fit stock to stock. Why would anyone in their right mind by a Fit to race? By the time you add a Turbo or SC and all the other equipment, you could have bought a truly fast car. It's stupid.
Uh first off, the Yaris is not faster than a fit. Yaris is lame, no fun, and ugly. If you like the yaris so much, get out and go buy one and quit b****ing. What's up with the hating... this is all for fun bro. Some supercharge their fits because it's fun. some buy fits, cuz it's the cheapest they can afford, along with moding it. We all have lives, and we all have hobbies. Maybe you should get out because these forums are for those who take interest in making their fits as unique, and maybe, as fast as possible.

Anyways, I did challenge a yaris, and that thing is not as good as the fit. slower, weaker in handling, and overall the fit crushes it. Not hating on yaris's... well kind of, but I just love the fit. I have pushed my car quite a bit, but unfortunately and as anticipated, suffered in my mpg. haha I'd like to see a yaris have as much fun as me, (as carlosalicea said).

Fit FTW

Last edited by saiko; 12-15-2007 at 12:21 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:06 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Dude, stuff it and stop trolling for responces

Yaris is a goofy car, I have yet to see one of them out at the AutoX track. My little Fit beat the pants off of some fast cars and had a lot of people doing double takes, fact of the matter is a lot of it is driver skill over your vehical. I was just there for fun, but the guy running the track figured I had the fastest setup... just need more practice.

This upcoming spring I am taking my car with me into a BMW driving school course. I will be paired up side by side with some of the fastest cars on the street today. I kind of dig going in as an underdog, it is going to be a blast.

Finally I think your missing the point of the Fit, I am not bragging, but rather pointing out I have enough money to buy whatever the f#ck I want... be it Porsche, BMW, Lotus or whatever. But I have limited garage space at the moment, I need a fuel efficent and versitle car for my daily driver. The Fit has a very direct feel that reminds me of my older BWM, I don't get that feeling from most of the cars out there anymore. I speak honestly when I say this car is a thrill to throw into corners, if you actually own this car and you take it to any autoX event (or whatever event) where you can really run this car you would understand.

It's stupid
So, you my friend are stupid for writting smack about something you frankly know nothing about. Not everything is about power, if you want that go buy a Mustang. I suggest you expereince things before making half-a$$ed assumptions and posting it up on a Fit dedicated web site.

Quick Reply: have u ever raced ur fit yet?