Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

have u ever raced ur fit yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GoFits
I did an auto X this past weekend. I'm still a novice but my times were pretty quick that I was competing with cars above my class. (WRX, SE-Rs, among other things) With some more practive the fits agility will vastly over come it's power disadvantage...plus I plan on adding some simple mods to keep it in class.
once again....AMEN TO THAT

Too bad were not in the same state....... we coul;d have fun as hell!!

Old 08-08-2006, 02:53 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
i need to get up on the autocross here in Miami

Old 08-08-2006, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
I just copied you!
I had my exhaust muffler replaced with a section of straight pipe with a turn down to mimic the factory tip. IT'S PRETTY DAMN LOUD....no but seriously... it's not to loud. Just a little more drone than I expected. I'll wait till I have my intake on before I decide on changing it or not. only $60...cheap enough for shits and giggles.
Originally Posted by carlosalicea
once again....AMEN TO THAT

Too bad were not in the same state....... we coul;d have fun as hell!!

Old 08-08-2006, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GoFits
I just copied you!
I had my exhaust muffler replaced with a section of straight pipe with a turn down to mimic the factory tip. IT'S PRETTY DAMN LOUD....no but seriously... it's not to loud. Just a little more drone than I expected. I'll wait till I have my intake on before I decide on changing it or not. only $60...cheap enough for shits and giggles.
cool... I do think it drones a little, but not on freeway as I was afraid. if you notice, It barely sounds at 3k and 4-4.2k rpm its below 3k that is the loudest (inside the car). whrn I told people I don't have a muff.. they don't belive me.. and in the end I love how it sounds! only dont when drones much...but when in the race mood, dam it sounds pro and mine was $90

Old 02-22-2007, 03:58 AM
5 Year Member
today my fit run 16.9 in salinas speedway (puerto rico) and my friend fit sport 16.6

Old 02-22-2007, 08:13 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by accord sir
today my fit run 16.9 in salinas speedway (puerto rico) and my friend fit sport 16.6

Good, now what's the mods, tire presure, and launching techniques??

give the fitfreakers folks light.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by carlosalicea
Good, now what's the mods, tire presure, and launching techniques??

give the fitfreakers folks light.
my mods is very simple lol

My only modification is without the muffler

my friend modification is exhaust 2"and whithout air box

Last edited by guailifit; 02-22-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
Keeping this shit on topic:

Carlos, you know my cousin's Xa? The suspension mods are a long story but power wise he has full I/H/E, 1ZZGE injectors and a CAMCon with a light tune. He uses Mobi1 oil, for whatever it counts. All I have done to my Fit is your grand muffler delete mod , running on AMS Oil 0w-30 Series 2000 and premium gas since the first fill up.

Basically I've done jack shit to my Fit while he has spent over $1k in mods power-wise.

From a dead stop, dropping the clutch hard on 1st gear I over took him by half a car length because of the Fit's shorter 1st gear, chirped in to 2nd and he matched my bumper to his and it staid just like that all the way til 5th gear doing 110mph.

Asi que la mia salio aborto puñeta!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

I'll be taking my Fit to the Auto-X in Ponce to race against my cousin's Xa on the track. He is already way ahead with a lot of suspension mods (tension bars, strut bars, sway bars, koni shocks, tein ss coils) but by summer I expect to have strut bars, c-pillar bar, t1r B-Max coilovers and a set of Rota C10's in 15x6.5" with Toyo RA1's (he uses the same tire at the track). Not modding anything on the engine yet, I hope to have the 5lb Jackson Kit installed by the end of the year or early next year.

So... I'm gonna have a lot of fun racing a car in exactly the same class as I am. OH SNAPP!!! I'M RACING!!! Seeeee... Fit vs. Xa, apples vs. apples.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
is it good to use premium gas on Sport Fits? ive been wondering, but the manual says regular fuel "only" and was threatened by it.

have i raced my Fit? at least every month, and don't mean in closed courses not that im a racing wannabe, but its like putting an end to fast and the furious Toyota's and Mitsubishi technicas around.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nttdemented
Keeping this shit on topic:

Carlos, you know my cousin's Xa? The suspension mods are a long story but power wise he has full I/H/E, 1ZZGE injectors and a CAMCon with a light tune. He uses Mobi1 oil, for whatever it counts. All I have done to my Fit is your grand muffler delete mod , running on AMS Oil 0w-30 Series 2000 and premium gas since the first fill up.

Basically I've done jack shit to my Fit while he has spent over $1k in mods power-wise.

From a dead stop, dropping the clutch hard on 1st gear I over took him by half a car length because of the Fit's shorter 1st gear, chirped in to 2nd and he matched my bumper to his and it staid just like that all the way til 5th gear doing 110mph.

Asi que la mia salio aborto puñeta!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

I'll be taking my Fit to the Auto-X in Ponce to race against my cousin's Xa on the track. He is already way ahead with a lot of suspension mods (tension bars, strut bars, sway bars, koni shocks, tein ss coils) but by summer I expect to have strut bars, c-pillar bar, t1r B-Max coilovers and a set of Rota C10's in 15x6.5" with Toyo RA1's (he uses the same tire at the track). Not modding anything on the engine yet, I hope to have the 5lb Jackson Kit installed by the end of the year or early next year.

So... I'm gonna have a lot of fun racing a car in exactly the same class as I am. OH SNAPP!!! I'M RACING!!! Seeeee... Fit vs. Xa, apples vs. apples.
I don't know, but my Fit feels kind of slow (but dyno) but feels super fun at the track, and the track time has been improoving for good!!!

Yeap, but the Xa will ( not sure ) run in TTE while the Fit ( mine, and depending on your mods, yours ) will stay TTF. If you buy the JR SC then is another story, due to the rules 9 you'll have to summit your car to the directory to decide your new TT-class.

Then again , Your Fit is Fast as I notice the power differences between my Taffeta and your cousin's Xa.

I have suspended all solo1 activities due to my new found lay off at work, but looking forward to continue taking those seconds of my time.

Either way will have tons of fun @ Ponce.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
like my friend said, mine runs 16.6 at 82.2 mph, but i think that the next week i will run 16.4-16.2 o maybe more low with new mods that i will put it in... i tell you later....

Old 04-12-2007, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
redfit_pr run yesterday in salinas speed way (Puerto Rico) 16.3

Old 04-12-2007, 02:53 PM
is that with a manual tranny or auto tranny?

Old 04-12-2007, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
manual tranny

Old 04-12-2007, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
new times on mine yesterday , 16.39 @81.9 mph chek it out here

ImageShack - Hosting :: scangu0.jpg

Old 05-24-2007, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
yeahhhh today i run 16.22 @ 83 mph wohooo

Old 09-07-2007, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
lol today i was at a light and a lifted ranger was next to me and started revving it haha so i revved too and when the light changed it was on! lol! haha at first it was kinda even then i started pulling on him... haha so i turned on my hazards and waved bye to him we get to the next light and he says "2.4?" and say "no 1.5!" and hes like "WHAT!?!" and i say "yah single cam!" and he says "SINGLE CAM!?" haha it was cool i guess... my first race in my fit! wooo

Old 09-07-2007, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by zer0sk8ordie
lol today i was at a light and a lifted ranger was next to me and started revving it haha so i revved too and when the light changed it was on! lol! haha at first it was kinda even then i started pulling on him... haha so i turned on my hazards and waved bye to him we get to the next light and he says "2.4?" and say "no 1.5!" and hes like "WHAT!?!" and i say "yah single cam!" and he says "SINGLE CAM!?" haha it was cool i guess... my first race in my fit! wooo
glad to hear that, keep it up!!! mine have a better time now in the 1/4 mile 15.93 @85 miles not bad at all !!!

Old 09-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by redfit_pr
glad to hear that, keep it up!!! mine have a better time now in the 1/4 mile 15.93 @85 miles not bad at all !!!
Nice! Did you take out anymore interior for that time? Or just driving skills....

Old 09-09-2007, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Nice! Did you take out anymore interior for that time? Or just driving skills....
only take off all the sits... but in performance i dont add nothing new, the same setup of when i did 16.2...

Quick Reply: have u ever raced ur fit yet?