Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

have u ever raced ur fit yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by 07Fit00S2K
Dude. Almighty S2K? Haha. It's just a car and it's definitely not the greatest car I've driven or owned. I actually like my Fit better than my S2K at the moment because it's practical and fun to drive. I'm just stating that your Super Fit beat your friend's AP2 because your friend can't drive it. You should stop feeling so defensive. I can probably call you a Fit fanboy. There are plenty of cars better than your almighty Fit.
naw, my friends will tell you im a STi fanboy for sure, im just stating the facts, and yes my Fit is almighty.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by 805FitSport
naw, my friends will tell you im a STi fanboy for sure
ftw!!

Old 07-17-2006, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
stfu!!!! Turbo vs. N/A. 2.5L vs 2.0. Droptop vs. Hardtop. Awd vs. Rwd! Funny thing is they're still comparable! and about the S2000 being underpowered! It's an N/A 2.0 making 240hp! 120 hp/liter Most hp per liter until the Ferrari FXX came along with 126 hp/liter. So the S2000 doesn't have a stiff chassis huh? Right. LOL. No heritage? Honda had the "S" series sports cars much before the S2000.

Evo's and Sti's, better for time attack, boosted with awd. the awd allows for more grip. I like Evo's and Sti's, but I PREFER n/a over boost, and rwd over awd. Does it mean ones better than the other? no...its just a preference. Evo's and Sti's good from a dig. S2k's better from a roll. and the competing can keep on going.

I just love cars in general...but this "mines bigger!" contest is really getting annoying. Especially when everyone (s2k, sti, fit owners) is competing with strap-ons. Get some facts straight before talking jibberish. from both sides.

Now back to the fit...please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-17-2006, 03:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cheffyjay
Right on BKKJack! Even cheap leathers make you UNBUSTICATABLE! I seen it on TV! They compress you into a hardened block like Steel--either aluminum or metal!
Wasn't that a Bruce Willis movie?

My track itch was effectively eradicated by some travelling electrical gremlins. Already changed out a fritzed voltage regulator, now experiencing random total electrical blackouts. Is this thing a 90's era Honda or a 60's era Norton???

Sorry, I got off point. My bike was better than all your cars put together, except now it's an intermittant paperweight

Old 07-17-2006, 03:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aywwsd
ftw!!

Funny, that looks exactly like the STi my brother offered to loan me while I am waiting for my fit. He is going to go to the local dealer this week to inquire about lead times, and we are going to try to time it so I and my fit arrive in the U.S. at the same time. His STi is a fallback. I've only driven it once, but that car rocks. I could probably take Schumy driving a Ferrari Enzo up Brokeballs Mountain Valley Road in it!

Old 07-17-2006, 06:22 AM
5 Year Member
I'm driving a 1.3 jazz, i raced with a 97 civic with all the fast and the furious effect. I was ahead of one car's lenth. I was running at 180KPH.

Old 07-17-2006, 08:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pointblank187
stfu!!!! Turbo vs. N/A. 2.5L vs 2.0. Droptop vs. Hardtop. Awd vs. Rwd! Funny thing is they're still comparable! and about the S2000 being underpowered! It's an N/A 2.0 making 240hp! 120 hp/liter Most hp per liter until the Ferrari FXX came along with 126 hp/liter. So the S2000 doesn't have a stiff chassis huh? Right. LOL. No heritage? Honda had the "S" series sports cars much before the S2000.

Evo's and Sti's, better for time attack, boosted with awd. the awd allows for more grip. I like Evo's and Sti's, but I PREFER n/a over boost, and rwd over awd. Does it mean ones better than the other? no...its just a preference. Evo's and Sti's good from a dig. S2k's better from a roll. and the competing can keep on going.

I just love cars in general...but this "mines bigger!" contest is really getting annoying. Especially when everyone (s2k, sti, fit owners) is competing with strap-ons. Get some facts straight before talking jibberish. from both sides.

AMEN TO THAT!!!

Old 07-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Pointblank187

oh God!!! the STi would murder a S2k from a roll even with the AWD drivetrain loss. STi and EVO are comparable, STi and S2K are not!

Old 07-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by aywwsd
ftw!!

when i got it

now!

Old 07-17-2006, 07:28 PM
why are you talkin about sti's vs s2k's?

Old 07-17-2006, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
Raced a modded Scion xB on the highway from 20mph roll...I walked him all the way to 110mph.

Old 07-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by michaelfit84
why are you talkin about sti's vs s2k's?
because they got brought up into comparsion, read a couple of post back.

Old 08-06-2006, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member
from all the stuff I've read and heard before, the S2000 is the ultimate "driver's" car. it requires the greatest amount of skill to master and is a car strictly for the advanced drivers out there. the closest competition to the S2000 in terms of handling is the RX8 stock for stock. these are both the best handling cars you can get and by best handling I don't just mean skidpad Gs. there's more to handling than numbers and it's the feel and the characterstics of the car when pushed to the limit that counts. I only take the things I've heard from professional drivers to back up my claim.

Old 08-07-2006, 04:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by whitefitsport
from all the stuff I've read and heard before, the S2000 is the ultimate "driver's" car. it requires the greatest amount of skill to master and is a car strictly for the advanced drivers out there. the closest competition to the S2000 in terms of handling is the RX8 stock for stock. these are both the best handling cars you can get and by best handling I don't just mean skidpad Gs. there's more to handling than numbers and it's the feel and the characterstics of the car when pushed to the limit that counts. I only take the things I've heard from professional drivers to back up my claim.
amen, now lets put it to rest. stop comparing the s2 with the sti & the evo, 4wd vs fr, turbo vs na...i thought this post was about FITs. jeebus!

anyway, i wouldnt bother racing anyone on the street but if i did or any of you other fit freaks did, unless it is an xA, xB, Yaris, Aveo, base Mini Cooper or anything with roughly the same HP, it just doesnt make sense. You'll get owned if it isnt one of the cars listed above. Our cars are built to handle nicely and haul groceries, not to match up in a straight power contest. At least not until you get boost, or possibly an engine swap. (K series in waiting, HASport needs to hurry up. hahaha)

Old 08-07-2006, 12:05 PM
What about the handling of the Lotus Elise? Awesome!!! Pricey!!!

Old 08-07-2006, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Thought this thread died.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
I brought it back alive

Old 08-08-2006, 04:45 AM
I guess my experience with the Mitsubishi Galant was a no no on the forum... Then my answer would be no - tracks are far from where I live, I work weekends leaving no time to go out to the tracks with friends as I used to do.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
I plan to go to the race track to solo-1 in the stock form ( i belive will buy the heliums tho) and have fun. The track is 10 minutes from home, but they have autocross events only like once every month and a half. I was there last sunday, and go as a passenger in a car, and man it is scarry fun!! I like it a lot, so will be the fit next time. Now I just have to find a tire sponsor.... ( I need the Toyo A1R or the Kumho ECSTA MX) but no money

BY THE WAY.. STOP THE FU@$NG FIGHT FOR CARS THAT ARE NOT FITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by carlosalicea; 08-08-2006 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
I did an auto X this past weekend. I'm still a novice but my times were pretty quick that I was competing with cars above my class. (WRX, SE-Rs, among other things) With some more practive the fits agility will vastly over come it's power disadvantage...plus I plan on adding some simple mods to keep it in class.

Quick Reply: have u ever raced ur fit yet?