Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

Texas Fit BBQ Vol. 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueCell
Thanks for the warning
No problem. The reason the cops are in that park is that there are tons of soccer games going on all over the fields, with kids crossing back and forth and balls flying, etc. It's a popular park for sports, kids, running, etc. so you really do have to slow down and watch for pedestrians.

I turned in off Highway 6 and got busted going 30 in a 20. The nice officer wrote me a warning, though. I was taking my son to the golf course and wasn't paying enough attention to my speed.

Downshift and cruise in 2nd...

Old 01-23-2009, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
lol...you should NEVER speed in that area...full of harris county constables.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Hey guys today I called bear creek park to get some information... and the lady that I spoke to told me that we can go up to the park free of charge, although she did say that if we plan on being on the pavilion it would be a $125 deposit. So im not sure if yall wanna pitch in to be in a pavillion.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
good job rene. I didn't think about calling them. Its up to you guys. If we get 20 people thats only $6.25 a peace. So i'd be down for that.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Here's the park info:

Harris County - Precinct Three Commissioner Steve Radack - Bear Creek Pioneers Park

looks like the smaller pavillions hold around 88 people, the big ones up to 256.

I was thinking of printing up little business cards with the link to this thread and the general info on the TXBBQv1, then whenever I'm anywhere where I see another Fit, handing it to the owner or sticking it in the window.

I'm assuming that us square folk that just like the car are welcome, and not just the modders...granted, I have gone the radical step of...tinting...oh yeah, almost forgot...I got floormats also! Thats's about it for my major mods.

I just really like the car and would love to see a large gathering of Fits, and I wouldn't mind checking out some of the enhancements that are possible.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
sounds like a plan could be hard to plan for food tho

Old 01-24-2009, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nukeme70
Here's the park info:

Harris County - Precinct Three Commissioner Steve Radack - Bear Creek Pioneers Park

looks like the smaller pavillions hold around 88 people, the big ones up to 256.

I was thinking of printing up little business cards with the link to this thread and the general info on the TXBBQv1, then whenever I'm anywhere where I see another Fit, handing it to the owner or sticking it in the window.

I'm assuming that us square folk that just like the car are welcome, and not just the modders...granted, I have gone the radical step of...tinting...oh yeah, almost forgot...I got floormats also! Thats's about it for my major mods.

I just really like the car and would love to see a large gathering of Fits, and I wouldn't mind checking out some of the enhancements that are possible.
Well, I plan to come and I'm not modded except for tint and a rear LED brake light that says "FIT" oh, and my custom plates. I thought about borrowing somebody's walker b/c I'm old enough to be mom to most of the guys and gals here...but never mind, I'll just hobble over to the youngsters with my cane!

Not dead yet, though!

Old 01-24-2009, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
i can pretty much guarantee my joints and bones are worse off than yours

Old 01-25-2009, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
I think the pavillion would be a cool idea but I think that maybe it would not be such a good idea due to our experience with past Fit meets. There is always a decent roll call list and then only 1/3 of the people showup. Which would leave all in attendance to split the cost. I have been to Bear Creek meets before and have never heard of anyone requesting pavillion space. You just kind of find one that is not being occupied by anyone or taking up space for a party or group. This would probably be a worse case scenario thing, weather permitting. If we get asked to move, the park is huge, I'm sure we can just park elsewhere. I would suggest people coming to the meet to bring lawn chairs in case there isn't anywhere to sit, but they do have picnic tables. That in mind, who is bringing the charcoal??? This person may wanna be there on time also that way we can get started on the BBQ ASAP! Don't wanna have a bunch of angry hungry Fitfreakers! And yes watch your speed, there is no Drifting allowed in the park.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
I think reserving for xx amount of money is a bad idea. As groc80 says, there's usually a good roll call, but only the hardcore enthusiasts go. Or just to hang out. I don't want money to be an issue being I know a few people who are broke enough as it is.

I'll bring a small bag of charcoal for starters, or just in case coal.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
Tx bbq

Hi, I may show. Are families okay to come? I used to attend Nissan SE-R meets. I met a lot of great. We had people of all ages and cars of all different levels of mods.

David - Dallas, TX

Old 01-25-2009, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Bring your family if you like. I used to bring my nephew along and a friend sometimes.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Riceman
Hi, I may show. Are families okay to come?
David - Dallas, TX
The more the merrier! I brought my wife to the last two and I don't think anyone minded...

Old 01-26-2009, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
i know i didn't mind

Old 01-27-2009, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
This meet originally started out as a birthday bash/get together. I was just wonder who of us on the role call has birthdays in feb. Mine is the 12th

Old 01-27-2009, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
Mine's the 2nd, and I'll bring a birthday cake.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
mines the 24th.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
sweet i love cake. could it be one of those white cakes with the colorful sprinkles and stuff inside u know. Or maybe even a white cake with pineapple YUM.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
What do you mean, "stuff" inside??? Like a 2-layer cake? Honey, I'd make a cake from scratch, but we've got so many people coming that I'm just going to have one made. I will make sure there are sprinkles. How about half white and half chocolate? Pineapple on the side, or maybe some pineapple ice cream??

Old 01-27-2009, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
ooooo pineapple icecream. I was just saying the types of cake i like just to say it. Not that i need those kinda cakes. the things inside i meant there are white cakes with the colored sprinkles inside. anyway. Doesn't matter what kinda cake to me.

Quick Reply: Texas Fit BBQ Vol. 1