Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

Texas Fit BBQ Vol. 1

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by simply
cool meet you guys. i go to alot of meets and some people just like to stand there and jock their own car and stick to their little posse's... you guys were waaayyyy too friendly... some good looking fits yo!
your Fit was SWEET. Really nice looking, well-done mods. Next time I want to give out awards for the most stock, the most modded, the biggest sub-woofer (ADAM), etc. That will be fun. Did you get some of our birthday cake? It was over in the pavilion.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by iheartJDM
me and the group i brought along enjoyed our trip there, although we didnt stay for as long as we wanted to.. i'm sure i can make a trip out to the next one.

it was nice to meet some of you guys in person.
Y'alls taping job was hilarious. I noticed you left soon after the "accident." :P Sorry you couldn't stay longer - did your friend hafta go to the ER??

Old 03-01-2009, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
accident? what did i miss? aside from the swift kick in the nuts

Old 03-01-2009, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
your Fit was SWEET. Really nice looking, well-done mods. Next time I want to give out awards for the most stock, the most modded, the biggest sub-woofer (ADAM), etc. That will be fun. Did you get some of our birthday cake? It was over in the pavilion.
thanks... i'm not much for sweets, but i did enjoy looking at the cake! hahaha...

Old 03-01-2009, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bigtoepfer
accident? what did i miss? aside from the swift kick in the nuts
That was it! The assault on his manhood. It makes me glad not to be a guy when I see that kind of thing happen.

Thanks for a great BBQ dude. It was awesome to meet everyone. I hope I can remember who is who on the forum, though, and keep everyone straight for next time. Sorry I couldn't take part in the photo shoot later. Did y'all do another shoot? Next time, I'll stay all day. My hubby skype'd from England and everyone asked about the meet...I think they believe I'm crazy, although MIL does like the Jazz...and she likes my BBP color...

Last edited by Juliane; 03-01-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Definately great to meet everyone there. I had loads of fun. And just an idea, around August, a few of us might plan on driving out to Orlando to check out the Fit scene there. I have a few interests already.

Jason, you didn't have fun at the Austin one because you were on "vacation" with your wife lol. That's when the rest of us hit up the roads to go cruising. But this BBQ was a great turn out. I counted 17 Fits total that showed up. Was a record beater. And more to come!!!!!

Old 03-01-2009, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
Great meet, had a great time. Cant wait for the next one...like Marcus said hopefully we can set something up to hit up Orlando during the summer.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome, man I'm glad everyone had a great time. Meat & Meet turned out awesome! Plenty of cool fits & everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. That cake was awesome Juliane! Marcus the Jdmness is Baller!! And I gotta give it up to Simply, fit looks sweet mang! Thanks to everyone who came out!

Old 03-01-2009, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GROC80
Awesome, man I'm glad everyone had a great time. Meat & Meet turned out awesome! Plenty of cool fits & everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. That cake was awesome Juliane! Marcus the Jdmness is Baller!! And I gotta give it up to Simply, fit looks sweet mang! Thanks to everyone who came out!
thanks again yo... i really thought you guys were going to give me a hard time about the rotas. hahaha... BlueCell's fit was my favorite... (i'm sorry to say, but... i think i too will have that lip next time we see each other... hahahaha)

Old 03-01-2009, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
thanks again yo... i really thought you guys were going to give me a hard time about the rotas. hahaha... BlueCell's fit was my favorite... (i'm sorry to say, but... i think i too will have that lip next time we see each other... hahahaha)
Thanks mang. Haha go for the lip, I don't mind at all. I'm always changing looks anyways. Rotas, yea I saw that lol. Don't care though, they look good. A lot of people on the forums don't like my HFP's...just cause they are 18 pounds lol.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueCell
Thanks mang. Haha go for the lip, I don't mind at all. I'm always changing looks anyways. Rotas, yea I saw that lol. Don't care though, they look good. A lot of people on the forums don't like my HFP's...just cause they are 18 pounds lol.
hahaha... well then... when you feel like "changing looks", you know who to call if that lip goes!

Old 03-01-2009, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
well if you ever want to get rid of that lip bluecell LMK

Old 03-01-2009, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
well i found two styles out there that I'm jockin. The shaved hatch like marcus. And I'm going to go ahead and get the OG axis rims i always wanted. They just looked sooo clean on iheartJDM's car. I love the small wide wheels

Old 03-01-2009, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
i posted this vid up in the other thread but decided to post it in here as well..

A lot of the pics taken were used in the making of this vid.

Watch in HIGH QUALITY, Enjoy:

Props to NBPacuraTL (Phu) for the vid
YouTube - Texas BBQ Fit Meet

Old 03-01-2009, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
Dude, the video is GREAT - love the music and the way you edited it! Thanks!

Old 03-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Dude, the video is GREAT - love the music and the way you edited it! Thanks!
Thank you

Old 03-02-2009, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member
Yea all the screw rota online crap you see all the time on the boards, but I liked them. They looked really nice on your car. Probably one of the nicest fits out there imo.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GROC80
Yea all the screw rota online crap you see all the time on the boards, but I liked them. They looked really nice on your car. Probably one of the nicest fits out there imo.
His car was very tastefully modded. Done by someone else, it could have been a big fat rice bowl, but it isn't. i will be looking out for all of you guys - i don't have to wave at the dumb bunnies who never wave back!

Old 03-02-2009, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
And speaking of rice....

The fried rice was amazing! wish the wind hadn't cooled it down so much, and I wanted my chopsticks but that was the best fried rice I've had since I lived with a Japanese roommate. MMMMM

Old 03-02-2009, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
Y'alls taping job was hilarious. I noticed you left soon after the "accident." :P Sorry you couldn't stay longer - did your friend hafta go to the ER??
LOL no he didnt have to go to the ER instead we stopped by ASAA before heading home and he ended up uppercutting mine from behind.. i didnt see it coming

after about 5 minutes when i could walk again we made a truce for the day

Quick Reply: Texas Fit BBQ Vol. 1