Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

Washington Auto show

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 10:41 PM
Washington Auto show

The Fit is at the Washington DC autoshow this week. Thank you HONDA!!! However its locked!? They said its because it is a prototype.
But I put my fingerprints all over it. It was much more impressive in person. Its as big as a Civic inside plus the trunk.

The Yaris is also there and it is open and you can crawl all over it.

Last edited by Andrew; 01-24-2006 at 10:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-01-2006, 10:36 AM
I was very disappointed that the Fit was locked. It's not some exotic secret, I mean it's an econo-box! There were alot of people trying to get inside it...I think Honda lost out on some good exposure.

I moseyed over to the xA and Matrix and had a good investigation of them. I'm liking the Matrix more and more. The xA is okay. I hear it's a harsh ride. The Yaris that Toyota had was a 4-door sedan--no hatchback. But Andrew is right, there were people swarming all over it.

I was so focused on the Fit, that I totally forgot to go sit in some cars that I would not otherwise have the chance to sit in...like the BMWs and Lexi.

The Fit should have been open.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by tulip
I was very disappointed that the Fit was locked. It's not some exotic secret, I mean it's an econo-box! There were alot of people trying to get inside it...I think Honda lost out on some good exposure.

I moseyed over to the xA and Matrix and had a good investigation of them. I'm liking the Matrix more and more. The xA is okay. I hear it's a harsh ride. The Yaris that Toyota had was a 4-door sedan--no hatchback. But Andrew is right, there were people swarming all over it.

I was so focused on the Fit, that I totally forgot to go sit in some cars that I would not otherwise have the chance to sit in...like the BMWs and Lexi.

The Fit should have been open.
I have to agree. The Auto Show is every manufacturer's opportunity to show off their models to the public. Locking the doors (even if it's done to create some kind of mystique) is a turn off to consumers. Sitting in the car, grabbing the steering wheel, looking in the glove box and playing around with all the gadgets really gives people a good sense of what the car is all about. It really makes no sense to me and it is certainly a BIG disappointment.

Old 02-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Question

Unless of course it's not all bolted together tight inside - then you might not want prying hands yanking stuff loose..

Old 02-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Jonniedee
Unless of course it's not all bolted together tight inside - then you might not want prying hands yanking stuff loose..
If that's the issue, they've got alot more problems that I thought. No one was plucking cheap stuff off the Yaris or Matrix or xA. One of the Mazda 3 hatchbacks had the shift knob missing--a souvenir, no doubt.

Old 02-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by tulip
If that's the issue, they've got alot more problems that I thought. One of the Mazda 3 hatchbacks had the shift knob missing--a souvenir, no doubt.
Meant more like a bunch of extra sport or dealer optioned trim pieces were present that aren't on regular models and may only be in place for cosmetic purposes and not bolted / glued / fused on like they normally would be.

And you stated yourself "No one was plucking cheap stuff off the Yaris or Matrix or xA."
Well the Fit goodies ain't cheap trinkets like Toyopet stuffs its cars with...

Last edited by Jonniedee; 02-07-2006 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:19 PM
I've been at car shows where current models of manufacturers cars were locked and the salesperson told me that it was because people will steal anything that isn't bolted down including (according to him), visors, rear view mirrors, stick shift knobs, ash trays, mats, etc..