Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

Texas Fit Meet: Vol 3 *Track 21*

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008 | 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LOZA
I like bags too, but I dont see myself doing that to my fit. Honestly I dont even know if im gonna drive up in my fit to the meet, or be in an 09
Man if you roll up in an 09 that would be cool I guess, to be honest I like the 07-08 better, but on the 09, I love that front bumper. It looks really nice, and Navi FTW. But the meet is almost here, Man 11am??? I hope I can get up thats early, LOL.

Old 09-01-2008 | 02:13 PM
|
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GROC80
...the meet is almost here, Man 11am??? I hope I can get up thats early, LOL.
I hope you can get up too, I would hate for you to miss out AGAIN on all the fun. You gonna be down to run your automatic at the drag strip after the meet?

I just talked to Jeff and Johnny and they are both gonna be at the meet.

Old 09-01-2008 | 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GROC80
Man if you roll up in an 09 that would be cool I guess, to be honest I like the 07-08 better, but on the 09, I love that front bumper. It looks really nice, and Navi FTW. But the meet is almost here, Man 11am??? I hope I can get up thats early, LOL.
Yea im really liking the new 09's. As of the Navi goes, the only thing that sucks is that its not on real time . Im still not sure if im gonna go thru with the trade though, hence that I love my Fit. Well if it doesnt go thru, Ill be looking for a Navi for mine . Shit I also hope I can get up that early..lol

Old 09-01-2008 | 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
Haha I know right! Some of us are going out on Saturday, right Rene? BTW, Rene, did you happen to find anything for Sat?

Old 09-01-2008 | 03:22 PM
so far all the damage i have found...my front lip was cracked its just not that bad, the plastic lining and the front lip was ripped off completely, my drivers side fender lining has got some pretty bad rips in it, the entire front bumper stayed in the clips but it is slanted down ward really bad, my drivers side fog is shattered but still works, and i still dont know what is going on with my hood. there is a 1.5 inch gap between the hood and the front bumper, but it is still perfectly fluch with the feneders, and some how the is about half an inch of a gap on the back of the hood where it meets the wind shield. it locks when i close it but wiggles viciously.

Old 09-01-2008 | 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
Hmmm, I'm assuming its not going to be ready for next week. You just hit a rock son. Seems like your front radiator support went downward. I hear JDM conversion! :O

Old 09-01-2008 | 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Saved
I hope you can get up too, I would hate for you to miss out AGAIN on all the fun. You gonna be down to run your automatic at the drag strip after the meet?

I just talked to Jeff and Johnny and they are both gonna be at the meet.
Man I don't know, I checked my fuel map and saw I got a nasty hole. I gotta tune my Nos timer then maybe I can run 9'ss. LOL.
But seriously, doubt we will be attending the drag strip carnage. Thanks for the invite though.

Old 09-01-2008 | 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by BlueCell
Hmmm, I'm assuming its not going to be ready for next week. You just hit a rock son. Seems like your front radiator support went downward. I hear JDM conversion! :O
i basically did hit a rock. thats what it has been compared to. my brother told me that it could have been worse. he was with my friend andrea and the armadillo jumped in the air and made it self into a ball. it cracked her front bumper, passenger head light and some how ended up colliding with her windshield and shattering it.

on the funny side of life. after i hit the armadillo it got stuck between my cat and the asphalt and got dragged a good 50 feet. i guess all of the heat from the cat and the friction from being dragged at 50+mph started to cook it. so if you drag an armadillo under your car for abit it smells like really good bar-b-q

Old 09-01-2008 | 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F'it_ImFromTx
i basically did hit a rock. thats what it has been compared to. my brother told me that it could have been worse. he was with my friend andrea and the armadillo jumped in the air and made it self into a ball. it cracked her front bumper, passenger head light and some how ended up colliding with her windshield and shattering it.

on the funny side of life. after i hit the armadillo it got stuck between my cat and the asphalt and got dragged a good 50 feet. i guess all of the heat from the cat and the friction from being dragged at 50+mph started to cook it. so if you drag an armadillo under your car for abit it smells like really good bar-b-q
Did you take her home? Mmm Armadillo lol

Old 09-01-2008 | 06:11 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
eewww haha

funny though

Old 09-01-2008 | 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
Bags are just for show in my opinion. Not good enough for performance.
I'll have to find the pics of the fit with the bags. He used a rear anti sway bar and some other stuff and the rear end if he wanted it could be just as stiff if not stiffer than urs. And he could still go up and down. Yet with all the handling of performance suspension

Old 09-01-2008 | 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
Too bad Arick that sucks about the armadillo. Better than breaking urself tho. I'd rather have a broken fit. But then maybe thats just because of my situation.

Old 09-01-2008 | 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by bigtoepfer
Too bad Arick that sucks about the armadillo. Better than breaking urself tho. I'd rather have a broken fit. But then maybe thats just because of my situation.
no dude your right about that. i would rather have my car break then my body.

Old 09-01-2008 | 07:32 PM
Did you take her home? Mmm Armadillo lol
your like the fourth person today to ask me that question. one really hick guy that i work with told me that i should of taken home cleaned it up and got it stuffed and turned into a trophy.

Old 09-01-2008 | 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
Its a tough decision, Usually when one happens i get the other at the same time. Just not this time. Anyway. I thought armadillos was more of a Louisiana thing? maybe its just me Just don't hear about people running into them too often

Old 09-01-2008 | 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by bigtoepfer
Its a tough decision, Usually when one happens i get the other at the same time. Just not this time. Anyway. I thought armadillos was more of a Louisiana thing? maybe its just me Just don't hear about people running into them too often
dude its bad down here. especially on the 6 mile stretch of road that i take to and from work, or any where in the country. i dont go a day with out seeing at least one dead deer and one dead armadillo.

Old 09-01-2008 | 10:04 PM
these bags go in my coilovers, so handling suffering is minimize, anywho i don't race or autoX my fit anyways!

Old 09-01-2008 | 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
eh...don't think i'll make it. car is under construction and is currently on steelies...yes, steelies. it's my daily beater, so it looks like total crap right now (so bad that my friend that isn't even interested in cars laughed bc it was so ugly lol).

Old 09-01-2008 | 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by honda_david
eh...don't think i'll make it. car is under construction and is currently on steelies...yes, steelies. it's my daily beater, so it looks like total crap right now (so bad that my friend that isn't even interested in cars laughed bc it was so ugly lol).

Dude regardless I think you should still make it outhere. Like always the more the merrier. Beisdes its a Fit, we all love Fits here regardless of the state its in. Besides its not a show, its just a meet so we can hang out and have a good time.

Old 09-01-2008 | 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Haha I know right! Some of us are going out on Saturday, right Rene? BTW, Rene, did you happen to find anything for Sat?

Yea dude im down....I found a couple of places you might dig.

Quick Reply: Texas Fit Meet: Vol 3 *Track 21*