Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

WI / IL meet in Kenosha

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 08:00 PM
WI / IL meet in Kenosha

Alright I talked to my friend and he said it would be alright to have a meet at his shop ( J & J New and Used Tire ). It is located at 8650 Sheridan Rd Kenosha WI.

I want to do this the weekend of July 11th that way it is far enough away that people that need to request off work can do so and people can plan ahead. I am up for any decent time as of right now I would prefer earlier in the day probably around 1pmish but will wait to make official day of that weekend and official time until I get more feedback from people. ( I will wait probably a week or two for feedback to make official date and time ).

We can have a cookout there with food and drinks also if notified ahead of time I can have my friend order tires and/or rims for people and they can be put on that day if you want. Would have to talk to him per request about payment etc.... He also has two lifts in the shop so if anyone wanted to work on anything in general on their car I could talk to him and see if it is alright to use a lift or both while were there. Of course if you wanted to do a oil change or something you would have to buy your own oil, oil filter etc.. ( If anyone would want to work on their car I will have to talk to him and find out if we can use his tools etc... if you wanted them to do anything like an oil change it wouldn't be free he would charge you. So if you would want to work on your car let me know and what you would want to do )

I would also want to see about going and cruising around somewhere maybe going some places and taking pictures of everyones cars and stuff. But, of course that is up to what everyone wants to do.

So please let me know your comments concerns feedback what time and day that weekend is best for you if you can make it so on and so forth.

Last edited by Fitcapo; 05-25-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:02 PM
im down keep me posted you should copy and paste that message in the other forum

Old 05-25-2008, 04:40 PM
July 11th? Did you request off that weekend?

Old 05-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Will post it in the other thread is any time or day that weekend good for you?

The address of the shop is 8650 Sheridan Rd, Kenosha, WI.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:37 PM
Any more feedback guys/gals?

Old 05-31-2008, 11:28 PM
If its Sunday I'm in.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by Darkstars
If its Sunday I'm in.

So you want the 13th?

Old 06-11-2008, 06:15 PM
More feedback? As of right now just me reinert darkstar and possibly cavie.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:39 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and bust.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Not a bust yet.

Still waiting for feedback from people. As far as I am concerned I will be at the shop on this day and if people want to show up and not post up so then cool but it just means that I won't be prepared to have food and stuff.

If anyone wants more info feel free to call or text me at (262)945-1129 my name is jake.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:44 AM
Interesting. I oughtta show up. No one will laugh at a totally unmodified Fit (except for the parking lot scars) will they?

Old 06-23-2008, 12:41 PM
no there were a bunch at the meet last time.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Alright since no one else has put their input in I have decided it will be on the 12th at 11am I will be there all day so whenever people want to show up. If enough people let me know ahead of time they are coming I will make sure to have food and drinks ( non alcoholic ) as I am only 19 so can't do beer legally.

Here is a repeat of info:

LOCATION: ( J & J New and Used Tire ). It is located at 8650 Sheridan Rd Kenosha WI

My #: (262)945-1129 ( feel free to text or call for more info or w/e )

Other info: This is a tire shop that has two lifts and plenty of equipment so if you guys need anything let me know ahead of time and I can probably get it ( will have to work out payment ) he can get tires or wheels ( rims ) if you want to get an oil change he can also do that of course any work that they do for you at the shop will cost you money. If you let me know ahead of time and you want to do something to your car yourself and just use the lift I can ask and make sure if he is alright with u using his tools etc.... If you want to do food we are going to need enough people letting me know they are for sure coming ahead of time to justify me going out and getting burgers and dogs to cook on the grill and soda. After we meet up and get acquainted there are a couple spots we can drive to and take some nice pics.

Alright last this is my last bump the rest is up to you guys.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:10 PM
hey do they do alignments?

I'll be there if they do alignments to my liking.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:44 PM
I don't know what to your liking is. They don't do alignments there is a shop next door that does them. You could talk to them if you wanted.

They have a pretty new really nice alignment machine.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
Hey, if you say it's on then I'll do my best to
be there. Is there any place around there to
cruise? Also is there going to be someone
there that can take pictures of my ride? I
suck at taking snaps, and I'd like to get some
photo's uploaded.

Also, I have this idea for a rear diffuser, but I'd
need to use the lift. Maybe if we all put our heads
together we could get it done. Then who ever would
want one could just put it together sans guess work.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:01 AM
Like I said I will be there no matter what. From the sounds of it Michaelfit will be there and there are some other possibles. There isn't much as far as fun crusing around will keep looking tho. Lots of places we can go to take pics tho. I have a dslr that I will be bringing and I think I take pretty decent pics.

Here is a link to my photobucket.
capoclan - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As far as the lift it shouldn't be a problem I will definately mention it to him and make sure it is alright.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:14 AM
5 Year Member
will he mount and balance rims and tires free???

too badd my fit is bone stock i wouldnt mind coming

Old 07-08-2008, 07:24 AM
He won't for free. But he can mount and balance tires I think they charge $18 but I could be wrong it could be like $24 or something like that not sure.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
I'll be there, but not till about 2:30pm. Looks as if I might need an oil change too! How many Fit Freaks are going to be there and is there something I can bring in the way of munchies? I'd hate to be a free loader at my first meet!

Quick Reply: WI / IL meet in Kenosha