Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

Chicagoland / Wisco meet 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Chicagoland / Wisco meet 2.0

Ok so now that we got the first one out of the way lets work the bugs out for part two, It seems alot of people are shooting for a sunday meet ? which i am fine with just need enough notice cause i never have sundays off, also i would like to move it a little west if possible like schaumburg area ! Id like to do Busse woods i think if its just us the cops wont give us shit..... lets get some good input here as to when everyone can go, id like to get 20 fits this time, also if you have friends with non fits bring em ! also cruise this time ?? bbq ?? whatever im down let me know !!!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2008, 03:34 PM
yeah, busse woods isnt the best place for meets....as long as we all have our front plates and pull in to the parking spots as opposed to backing in we should be fine

Old 05-13-2008, 06:15 PM
From what I understand Busse Woods is no good... The drive wasn't a bad one last time so as long as we keep in the general same distance it is cool with me. I could do any sunday but if it is my weekend to work I couldn't do a day meet so 18th or 1st i can meet up any time but the 25th would have to be after 5.

Won't have anything new done to my car until a week or two. Just ordered a megan axle back but will take lots more pics and lots of better pics.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
i work every sunday so normally i can't do that. but with enough notice it can be done.

my question is: are there any fitfreaks from the milwaukee area? it seems that there aren't but if there were, i'd suggest somewhere like kenowhere () or gurnee or something a little further north.

just a suggestion.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:03 PM
SWEET FIT MEET IN KENOSHA WOOT!!!!!!

I am all for it if you guys want. Don't really know of any places we could go for a cruise but there are a couple decent spots for pics we could go to If we are going to do it in Kenosha then I would start looking for spots to take pics on friday and see if there are any places we can cruise. I could even ask if we could meet up at a buddies shop.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Fitcapo
SWEET FIT MEET IN KENOSHA WOOT!!!!!!

I am all for it if you guys want. Don't really know of any places we could go for a cruise but there are a couple decent spots for pics we could go to If we are going to do it in Kenosha then I would start looking for spots to take pics on friday and see if there are any places we can cruise. I could even ask if we could meet up at a buddies shop.
Give me a day and i will make the call tonight. If it's going to be during the day we might be able to get the grill over there and do a little cookout.

BTW: if anyone is interested in getting tires or rims let me know. I am sure we could work out some sort of deal where he will order them and install the day of the meet if the said location is agreed up by all parties involved.

Old 05-14-2008, 12:07 AM
yea sunday i work all day but friday adn saturday im always off so those would be the best days.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Weekends

I'm down for schaumberg area, but for sure not Busse woods, brings nothing but trouble. I'm down for a Sat./Sun. A.M./P.M. meet. All the same to me, and the BBQ idea, brilliant! I'll grab the charcoal, if others wanna bring food, drinks, Etc. Either way i'm down for another meet.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
if we did a photo shoot in kenosha, i'd suggest by the lake. it's very scenic

Old 05-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Yeah that is a good idea but..... Cops are dicks down by the lake since alot of kids hang out down there. I was thinking either around pets by the lake some random large parking lot etc....

Seems like people want to do shaumberg so maybe we can schedule a keno meet further down the road.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
ah ok, i don't make it out that way too much but when i have i haven't seen many cops.

i have no problem w/ schaumburg, it's just torture to drive down there lol.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:07 PM
I don't have a problem with shaumburg either but of course wouldn't mind having it where I live.

It depends where by the lake you are and how big of dicks the cops feel like being.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by pip_rocks
if we did a photo shoot in kenosha, i'd suggest by the lake. it's very scenic
...then a cruise downtown.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:19 AM
What part of downtown doesn't have tons of stop lights or stop signs tho Unless we went through like carol beach or maybe down Sheridan.

IDK but it is getting pretty close to sunday so I don't think it is going to happen this sunday unless allot of people come out of the no where and start posting in here because as of right now we got 6 people that posted that they might be interested ( and cavie but he will only come if it is in kenosha ).

Old 05-15-2008, 12:19 PM
how about we meet at the streets of woodfield and then decide where we want to go from there?

Old 05-15-2008, 12:33 PM
yeah strrets of woodfield works but lets do this like a month out so everyone has time to get off,

Old 05-15-2008, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
Agreed

If you're someone that needs to request a day off several weeks in advance, you all should start posting up what days are good for you. But if this meet is going to happen with everyone showing, I think those that need advance warning should take control and get posting schedules and working this out. Looking forward to the meet as always.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:06 PM
There is really no requesting off for me it is either I work or I don't. I can make any meet anywhere as long as it is after 5pm on my day to work if I don't work the time doesn't matter. So like I said if you guys want to do a meet during the day and it happens to be the day I work then I just won't be there its no biggie to me.

I am going to talk to my friend that owns a shop and see if he will let us have a meet at his shop then I am going to decide on a date during the day probably on a fri or sat a 2-3 months from now for a meet in kenosha.

As far as the one in streets of woodfield you IL guys let me know when and where and I will most likely be there.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:59 PM
streets of woodfield would be good........ the only time i can make it is friday and saturday. i cant take off sunday i always work adn cant take off. just let me kno when, where , and what time.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:41 PM
im down for whenever. working third shift is awesome lol

Quick Reply: Chicagoland / Wisco meet 2.0