Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

February 2008 Fit of the Month Contest

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 01:09 AM
February 2008 Fit of the Month Contest

February 2008 Fit of the Month Contest!
Sponsored by H-Fit.com!

February Contest Theme: Driving Passion

At H-Fit, cars are our passion. From working on them, tracking them, taking them to the limit, or just taking them to the grocery store. We drive our Fit everywhere! Whether driving our Fit to work or driving our Fit to explore where the road takes us. This passion is what we share with our fellow Fit owners. We are curious to see where you guys/gals take your Fits. We want to share that journey with you!

To enter this contest, please include:

1. Download and build the H-Fit origami Honda Fit by clicking on this link (black and gray decals) or this link (black and red decals). The files are in PDF format

2. Take 2 pictures of your Fit in an exotic locale. Each picture should include your Fit and the H-Fit Origami Fit in the picture. Post your pictures on this FitFreak thread.

3. Write a short description of your drive to that locale, where the locale is and why it’s special to you.

The Goods:
Special Edition Black Nickel Plated H-Fit Short Shifter Adapter WITH Hardmount Kit and H-Fit T-Shirt

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MIDNIGHT FEB 25, 2008 PST. Entries submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
Visit H-Fit.com for more information:
H-Fit.com....Fitfreak Fit of the Month Contest

Last edited by Dojo; 02-14-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:28 AM
sounds like fun!
good reason to actually go outside other than to just stare at my Fit

oh I could be wrong (and I usually am *frown*) but I don't believe that the link(s) for the
cutout/foldup work....

Last edited by Snap Fit; 02-02-2008 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Because the "Edit" button wants me to be a good samaritan....
Old 02-02-2008, 11:21 AM
nope, links dont work for me either

Old 02-02-2008, 12:31 PM
I stickied the thread for more attention.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Retired Moderator
Links not working...

Old 02-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Guys,

The H-Fit Guys should have the link working soon.
Sorry about the delay.

D

Old 02-02-2008, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
2. Take 2 pictures of your Fit in an exotic locale. Each picture should include your Fit and the H-Fit Origami Fit in the picture. Post your pictures on this FitFreak thread.
does a picture of my fit infront of my work considered "exotic"??

Old 02-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by HondaFitted2007
does a picture of my fit infront of my work considered "exotic"??
That would be up to YOU... and why YOU think its exotic would be in the description. If they dont agree, you lose!

Old 02-03-2008, 12:57 AM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
erotic? ... o n/m

Old 02-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Links work now, printing it off when i get home if my printer wants to function properly, if it wont ill take it to my g/fs and print it off, very excited about this

Old 02-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by billmus86
erotic? ... o n/m
first thought when you said erotic was for me to go to Deja Vu strip clubs
hahaha

Old 02-10-2008, 06:56 PM
I think i have 2 left hands and on top of it i was working with the dullest pair of scissors in North America cause my cuttout looks like a 3rd grader made it. Oh well i must press on. Im gonna win one of these contests if its the last thing i do

Old 02-10-2008, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
ah man. I have tons of action photos and stuff, but it is the dead of winter now to go get on the local scca hill climb mountain now in the dead of winter w/ the cutout

Old 02-10-2008, 07:13 PM
jdjohnson9-haaahaa you thought that was bad?

I ran out of ink right before, so it did some funky colors and lines so
in order this is what I did...
1) found a color combo that would print
2) tweeked the contrast to help out the intensity of what was left in the
cartridges
3)car came out tide water metalic...hahaaa
4) ended up with really great bronze rims!!! ahahahaa
5) but inks were obviously running low...so I printed it smaller to save some inks and hopefully save my but If I have to repeat a mistake..
5)black cardridge then dies...back to square one!
6)figure I would just color in all the black parts with a pen or similar
7)tore the paper....
8)printed what I could on a thicker card stock like stuff
9)but the paper was not apparently bright white enough...lost all the color and stuff again
10) printed with higher contrast and tweeked the levels and curves again in PS
11)Since I had to downsize the foldup so much I could not cleanly fold the
cardstock like paper
12)went back to regular typing paper (im too cheap for photo stuff...haahaaha irony alert...)
13) forgot to tone down the setting from when I was printing on the not so white stuff and the Fit came out like a neon sign!!!
14)tweeked the settings for the new paper/output and printed away....
15)forgot that I downsampled the original for ink saving reasons...and printed it out at yet an even smaller size!!!
16)could not fold the car well since it came out silly small and now it looks like a spitwad
17)FINALlY GOT IT ALL WORKED OUT!!! PHEWWW!!! AND THEN IT GAVE UP THE GOST AND COMPLETELY RAN OUT OF INK
18) I think I will just draw the darn thing and fold it up with colored pencils for the hawt graphixxx.

so I finally got a new cartridges but me and my printer are not currently on speaking terms....

If anybody read this I am impressed and sorry for your troubles...ahhaaa

Old 02-10-2008, 08:18 PM
ROFLMAO!!!! That sucks Snap Fit. I pulled mine apart and retaped/trimmed and now it looks somewhat presentable but still looks like a 3rd grader did it but this time a smart 3rd grader so i did go up in the world but only by like 1 or 2 . Good luck to all on this contest. We should say screw the pics of the actual cars and just take pics of how terrible the cuttouts that we put together look. haha. Now that would be a fun thread.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Just finished putting it together... very cool

I'll be driving somewhere at 4:30am to take pics

Should be able to post by 7:00am est

Old 02-11-2008, 06:55 AM
5 Year Member
Here are the two pics of my two Fits

This may not look special but it is to me... If you look at the time stamp it is 4:28am. My Gym opens at 4:30am everyday and I show up to get my daily workout in.

I track my S2000 and have won many Time Trial events in the northeast. This year I'm looking to work the Fit and track it also. This leads to why the location is special.... Besides lightening the cars for track events, I can also lose weight myself. Just like my Fit... I want to be fit

So the dedication to preparing for track events gets me to the gym at 4:30am to get in top shape for this season of track events.

Btw Asimo wants to drive the little Fit These pics were taken this morning... It was so cold and windy I figured the dash was the best place to put the car.

Last edited by Tel1sps; 02-17-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
ROFLMAO!!!! That sucks Snap Fit. I pulled mine apart and retaped/trimmed and now it looks somewhat presentable but still looks like a 3rd grader did it but this time a smart 3rd grader so i did go up in the world but only by like 1 or 2 . Good luck to all on this contest. We should say screw the pics of the actual cars and just take pics of how terrible the cuttouts that we put together look. haha. Now that would be a fun thread.
HAHAAHAAAAA.... yeah SEROIUSLY....

...the really sad part is...I am a proffesional model maker! HAHAHAAAA

Old 02-17-2008, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
Alright I got inspired after I built the second H-Fit last night

I decided to drive to Great Kills park on Staten Island early this morning. It was a nice scenic drive down by the Marina area of the bay. The sun was rising and I knew this would make a good setting for another shot at this. The Great Kills park brings back memories for me from High School where I used to hang out. It was a good place for car meets and fishing!!! The "point" was also visited at night during those days

I had to put rocks on top of them to keep them from blowing away... the wind at the beach was pretty strong. I figured these were more artistic then my last attempt so please use these to count in the competition not the first pics....

Last edited by Tel1sps; 02-22-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:01 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
this contest is racist towards us auto fits..
please reconsider the next one...
im feeling very left out right now..

Quick Reply: February 2008 Fit of the Month Contest