Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

February 2008 Fit of the Month Contest

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by billmus86
this contest is racist towards us auto fits..
please reconsider the next one...
im feeling very left out right now..
do you mean mechanist??? or trimist, maybe even transmissionist???
Its all good...all you have to do is win it and give me what you dont/cant use

Old 02-17-2008, 08:13 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
ill go with ...
the winner is
trimist
i dont have a printer either... so this is also printerist

Old 02-18-2008, 12:33 AM
My first entry was kind of half assed so I drove to my favorite get away spot. Resurrection Bay in Seward, Alaska on the Kenai Peninsula. The drive there from my house is about 100 miles, through the Chugach mountains. This time of year there is six feet of snow on either side of the road in some valleys, making it a very fun drive. In the summer time, Seward is a great place to hang out. Lots of hiking, camping, fishing, if its outside, you can do it there. And in the winter, there is still fishing, plus snowmobiling and ice climbing.

The first shot is about 40 miles North of Seward, on High Way 9. This shot shows the snow build up on the sides of the road. The second is in Seward looking out over Resurrection Bay (the paper fit is on my antenna). Sorry my car is dirty, the car wash in Seward is closed, and it was above freezing again.

Last edited by airborne200208; 02-24-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by billmus86
this contest is racist towards us auto fits..
please reconsider the next one...
im feeling very left out right now..
agreed

you could always just win and sell it back to the MT guys instead that'll learn 'em, hehe.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Former Vendor
Lookin Good!

These entries look good so far. Keep them coming. Only a week left!

Johnny
H-Fit Team

Old 02-22-2008, 02:29 PM
I think I might enter this

Old 02-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Hey All,

The deadline is getting near.

We want to see more pictures of your FIT with our baby paper fit.

We want to see where FIT owners love to be with their cars.

Remember, the location we're looking for is your own "exotic locale".
Be it on a racetrack, on an exotic island, your local FIT meet, or even your local grocery or fast food store that you visit frequently, so keep those pictures coming!

Thanks Again!

H-FIT Team

H-Fit.com....Performance Parts for your Honda Fit!
J2advanced.com - automotive engineering & technical services

Old 02-23-2008, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by H-FIT-James
Hey All,

The deadline is getting near.

We want to see more pictures of your FIT with our baby paper fit.

We want to see where FIT owners love to be with their cars.

Remember, the location we're looking for is your own "exotic locale".
Be it on a racetrack, on an exotic island, your local FIT meet, or even your local grocery or fast food store that you visit frequently, so keep those pictures coming!

Thanks Again!

H-FIT Team

H-Fit.com....Performance Parts for your Honda Fit!
J2advanced.com - automotive engineering & technical services

No Track pics yet from the Northeast... Snow on the track still. The first track day for me is the instructors clinic for NASA NE at the end of March. Can't wait to get the Fit on the track and do some Time Trials

Old 02-23-2008, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
These are my 2 "SPOTS" here in Queens, NY. The first pic is taken at the strip in Astoria Park, during the summer this place really lights up with action. Winter its just cold but nice view of the city.
The second pic is in Bayside by Fort Totten viewing the Throgs Neck Bridge. Great park to walk along the ocean anytime of the year.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
The location i picked was at a Free Service Trunk center next to some industrial sized tires in East TN. This place is special to me because, it's a unique place for photo shoots, and that I use to drive by it everyday at my previous job.

Last edited by heygotboost; 02-25-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member

I take my fit to the court. I chose my own home court because theres no better place then being at home.

Last edited by lidoshorty02; 02-24-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I had big plans for a great photo shot for this contest. The weatherman last night said it would be in the upper 40's and sunny! Instead we have had snow and ice plus it is only 36 degrees outside. I am taking the MR Fit into the dealership in the morning for it's first oil change. So I went down and washed up the car by hand and brought it home to dry off as the snow was falling. My little paper Fit is waiting in line to be next for detailing and getting into the garage out of the cold. The garage is one of my favorite spots because it means I am spending time working on my car, adding another mod or just making it look clean and sharp for our next adventure.

Cat :x

Old 02-24-2008, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
Trip

Here are a few Pics of my stop at the Gen Patton Memorial Museum on my way to Scottsdade, AZ for a week of training. Always a great place to rest and look around.
PS> It was windy as H#LL!
AC

Old 02-25-2008, 08:03 PM
The Fit "is" go!

The exotic locale I picked for my shot was on top of the parking garage of my college. The drive to campus is about 15 miles from the house here in sunny Jacksonville Florida. On the way there I get to do my two favorite things; drive my Honda Fit and zone out to music with my windows down while the cool Florda breeze blows through the car. I picked my college because it's the most important place to me. I am the only member of my family to have ever gone to college. My moms dream was to graduate college but then she had me at 20. So I promised to graduate and succeed for her. I did it utop the garage because I feel like I'm on top of the world where I can accomplish anything and do something no one in my family has been able to acheive. The next step to a successful future is the Fit!

Last edited by MyShoeBox; 02-25-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:33 AM
Well I decided last minute to give it a go....

I dont get much time to myself anymore so I really value it when I get it. So I thought It would be nice today to drive up through Palos Verdes (PV) and enjoy some of the most wonderful twisty bits and scenery around (Portuguese Bend). This has most certainly been a tough year for many of us but its hard to dwel on such things while on beautiful roads and soaking in ocean views.

This particular location is right by the new Trump developement in PV (wont comment on that) and it has a wonderful view just opposite of the new golf course . A great place to contemplate and be creative. And you can just barely make out the twisty road up on the hill. PV Blvd. the road of Fit
happiness.

So this first pic is of some guy with this "big hand" who decided to park like right next to me, right up against my rear bumper! .....I was like whuuuuah? Then I noticed his bronze rims, aftermarket exhaust and LED tails... and just chilled out. phewww!

The second pic is basically the same local but I decided to try out a new somewhat handbuilt lens (was an old broken thingy) with a Near Infrared cut off filter...

hope you guys like em ....

Last edited by Snap Fit; 02-26-2008 at 02:43 AM. Reason: cuz I have some weird fascination with making HUGE typos...geeewhiz...
Old 02-27-2008, 08:00 PM
so uh, who won?

Old 02-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by airborne200208
so uh, who won?
i won. thanks h-fit for the short shifter.

lol jk. gluck to everyone who entered.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:34 AM
Originally Posted by WTFit?
i won. thanks h-fit for the short shifter.
lol jk. gluck to everyone who entered.
OMG! Thats so funny,^^^^ I was just about to congratulate you!...
but.... I couldn't find your pics/entry (great spacing inbetween the two lines btw...I almost fell for it )

Old 02-28-2008, 01:38 AM
Dang i logged on to see if i won and i remembered that i forgot to post my pics before i left on the deployment. I really surprise myself sometimes

Old 02-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Former Vendor
Thank you to all that submitted an entry. They all look good, making it hard to judge! Some are very cool. We will decide on a winner and post the results soon. Thanks again!

H-Fit Team

Quick Reply: February 2008 Fit of the Month Contest