Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

fits across america?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 11:22 PM
fits across america?

im a bit curious if there is any type of following that i could get for a drive across country with a huge group of fits. maybe from the east coast to the west (seein that damn near half the forum is from cali) or maybe some westies want to come out and play with the big boys from the east? it could be a huge meet and greet for the forum and really show everyone that the fits are where its at. let me know what you all think.

Joshua

Old 01-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Retired Moderator
That would just be awesome! I would love to do it!
The planning involved would be massive, i mean MASSIVE. But a joint effort and it could happen!

Tyler

Old 01-06-2008, 11:30 PM
yea it would be a huge task but just think if we could get even 20 fits to do it that would be huge for the forum. we could probly get some publicity out too and maybe get some more sponsers into the fit community.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:15 AM
if anything else we could meet in the middle somewhere. if anybody has any ideas please post. i know its a tall order but it do-able. come on fitfreaks lets do this!!!!!

Old 01-07-2008, 12:32 AM
Very cool idea! - Though getting the time off work would be a challenge. I'd be interested in at least meeting up with the group when they're over on the East coast side of the country. Maybe crossing the whole country would be a bit much. How about a tag team in every state or something - just a thought. 'Seems there should be a way to involve more people on a smaller scale while still making an impact across the whole country.....? I dunno, lots to think about! I'll be curious to see how this developes.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:50 AM
we could do it many dif ways. we could actually have a whole lap around the country and pick up everyone that wants to do it as we go around and then when we get somewhat near they head home. or we could meet somewhere in the middle maybe dallas fort worth area or something. or we could just have a huge meet on both coasts and see which one has more bragging rights for the better coast. the possibilities are endless thats why im trying to get people involved and some opinions on what would be a good idea and then go from there.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:00 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
lets do it meet in texas lol

Old 01-08-2008, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
sounds like the super street tour, i used to read that mag. when i first got into the scene, and they have a tour every year where peolple come from all over the country and meet at different locations kinda like all the south east and north east would meet somewhere central and then the nw and sw and then the convoys meet in the middle, maybe texas if they would have us all. if nobody takes charge of a project like this it will never happen, so maybe we look into joining the superstreet tour. all the planning and routes are already planned, just have to check their website to see if i can find anything about it.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:45 PM
sounds like a good idea. so far im just trying to see if there is any interest in this before i start planning and doing everything. it isnt looking like the interest is really here like i thought there would be. im not gonna give up on it yet though. i really want to see this happen.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
What about fits across north america??

Old 01-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by smatts
What about fits across north america??
haha. anything is possible my friend. we just gotta wait and see what kind of following this is gonna bring. i have over 70 days of vacation so i could do a north america/south america trip if i really wanted i just dont wanna do it by myself. lol.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:22 PM
where you at fitfreaks? i figured this would have been a huge hit for sure. maybe people will be more interested in the spring then. i still had to try though.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
I would be totally up for this!! I'm a college student so funds would be tight, but I'd love to do it if it happens.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
im down for this, hope you guys come close the the Pacific Northwest though , although i wouldnt mind driving a couple states over if the event was big enough

Old 01-22-2008, 03:43 PM
I was hoping to get some interest out of the south east guys and going west through the lower states and up through cali to washington and then following the canadian border back to wisconsin and then go up and over the great lakes and come back down near newyork or maine or something. It doesnt look like that many people are as interested as i hoped so i may end up going at it alone and just meeting as many people as i can on the way. Still trying to raise interest so that i can get this going though. Come on FITFREAKS wheres the love? haha

Old 01-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
I was hoping to get some interest out of the south east guys and going west through the lower states and up through cali to washington and then following the canadian border back to wisconsin and then go up and over the great lakes and come back down near newyork or maine or something. It doesnt look like that many people are as interested as i hoped so i may end up going at it alone and just meeting as many people as i can on the way. Still trying to raise interest so that i can get this going though. Come on FITFREAKS wheres the love? haha
That sounds like a killer route!

Tyler

Old 01-22-2008, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
i'm intrested, yeah. and i would love to be able to tour the entire country like that. but long time no worky bad. if you did a lap i could def do a leg up the coast all the way to canada. for sure!

Old 01-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Alrighty then now that it kinda looks like people are interested i might as well start a list and how far you would go. Lets just go with name, where your from, and how far/leg you would be interested in. We will use the my last route as a guide for now. Florida to cali through the lower states, then up to washington, and then to wisconsin, up and over the great lakes through canada and back down in maine or so. Remember everyone this is just for interest purposes no 100% plans yet just interest. Also remember that any ideas good or bad are always appreciated. If this is gonna work i will need help from some fellow fitfreaks seeing that i dont know the whole country all that welll.

Thanks,
Joshua

1. Jdjohnson9. North Carolina. All the way baby!!!
2. Tool. Bay Area, Ca(NorCal)..Ehhh..Im not sure lol..from here through washington maybe??
3. Japspeed. Florida. Florida to texas maybe??

Last edited by jdjohnson9; 01-25-2008 at 10:18 PM. Reason: updating info
Old 01-22-2008, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
Dang this is an awsome idea. Kudos to you guys that do it. Post pics and stories please. I've done my share of driving from California to Florida and back so I have no interest in doing it anymore. However if there is a stop or start in Southern California somewhere I will happily meet up with you folks for a short stint or lunch break.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Retired Moderator
Tyler-Bay Area, Ca(NorCal)..Ehhh..Im not sure lol..from here through washington maybe??

Quick Reply: fits across america?