Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

December 2007 Fit of the Month Contest!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 09:27 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
December 2007 Fit Contest

Well, I've gotton used to living in the rainy Paicific Northwest. However, during the Winter time, I pray for snow. Where
I live we've been getting a mixture of rain and snow. So when I see snow in the forcast...

...I head for the mountains. The Fit was able to drive alongside trucks, SUV's, and AWD cars. I felt bad for a Kia
Rio that couldn't make it up the mountain when more snow poured down. After about 5 hours of snowboarding, the snow really accumulated.

So, I had to slap on the chains, and head back down the mountain. I'm impressed on how versatile the Fit is in different
driving conditions. This is my first Winter with this car, and I'm loving it!

Old 01-14-2008, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pokems23
Well, I've gotton used to living in the rainy Paicific Northwest. However, during the Winter time, I pray for snow. Where
I live we've been getting a mixture of rain and snow. So when I see snow in the forcast...

...I head for the mountains. The Fit was able to drive alongside trucks, SUV's, and AWD cars. I felt bad for a Kia
Rio that couldn't make it up the mountain when more snow poured down. After about 5 hours of snowboarding, the snow really accumulated.

So, I had to slap on the chains, and head back down the mountain. I'm impressed on how versatile the Fit is in different
driving conditions. This is my first Winter with this car, and I'm loving it!

Hey is that mt baker in the background ???????

Old 01-14-2008, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
Fit for biking

Hi, all! My first go at this... Some great looking cars in the previous posts. Good luck to all!

This is my first winter with the Fit. I've added tint and the dead pedal, but like it stock otherwise. My daughter loves it and has christened it 'Arnold'... I mainly use it as a daily driver for the long haul to the Naval base. Little snow in this area but it does get somewhat cold. One of the reasons I bought the Fit was to carry my mountain bike inside. Very convenient for trips to the trail. Look for the picture below of my future trail riding partner...

Fresh off the lot (and getting aquainted with the wife's Civic)

Home Sweet Home

Easy access

And here's my future riding partner - Princess Fonzarella!

Alright, that's it for me...

Pokems23, send some of that snow down this way!

Old 01-15-2008, 12:33 AM
California Winter with one Fit, two adults, two bikes + trailer, a kid, a dog...

Our Fit has to do it all because we are a one car family. I work nights and my wife works days, so it is in 24 hour use during the week. We have a Thule rack up top so we can drop and pick up one another and a bike if our shifts overlap. Weekends we may load up for a road trip with our kid, dog, two bikes, a bike trailer and all our gear. Recent trips have included Yosemite, Los Angeles for X-Mas where we biked Santa Monica to Venice Beach, and New Years winding along Highway 1 to Ano Nuevo for Elephant Seals and Light House viewing. It’s family transportation that we feel cool driving.

Yosemite National Park Trip; Can you see the car? Note how our clever camoflage colors make us almost invisible

Mariposa Grove, Yosemite. Here's how we get in a folding double-wide bike trailer. (We already unloaded our suitcases, crib and more gear at the hotel. Amazing what you can get in!)

Cell phone photo of Sunset X-Mas Eve, Santa Monica; Two bikes, son, niece, dog, bikes, trailer...it's like the clowns getting out of the VW Bug at the circus sometimes!

X-Mas Eve, Santa Monica with Cora the Wonder Dog

A Dark and Stormy morning just before New Year On Highway 1, headed for Ano Nuevo State Reserve to see the seals

It clears up! At Ano Nuevo with son and niece and elephant seal friend (he's about the size of our Fit, which they wouldn't for some reason let us bring out to the beach to pose for comparison)

After at Pigeon Point Light House near Ano Nuevo, happy from another Fit adventure. Great entries! Good luck to all!

Last edited by aejazz; 01-15-2008 at 09:03 PM. Reason: some images didn't post
Old 01-15-2008, 12:34 AM
I first would like to thank God for giving me the opportunity to own a Honda Fit 2008 MT Sport. Being that this is the first winter with my Fit, I have used it as my companion in different missions as I have named it “Silver Surfer”. This winter one of the main things that I have done so far is drive back and forth from the hospital to the pharmacy and pediatrician due to my child’s Tracheostomy surgery. Normally during the winter I would go fishing, bike riding, and to the mountains. As my child recovers from surgery over the next few weeks I look forward going outdoors and having fun. Here are few pictures that tell the rest of the story.

I never knew how much space the Fit had until I tried putting in a wheel chair and an oxygen tank without no problem and still have space left for groceries.

Here I am on a Saturday morning driving home from the doctor's office.

Here I am relaxing for a minute and taking it easy listening to my MP3s.

This is where Silver Surfer changes outfits.

And last but not least me. Taking a break at work with Silver Surfer planning for the next upcoming mission in the hopes that we get snow this winter for another photo shoot.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
mountain

Actually, I went up to White Pass. I wish I went to Mt. Baker!

Old 01-15-2008, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
hey guys this below is my honda fit, owned it for over 6 months and has 13000kms on it, when i bought the car i said to my self...i am not going to mod this as i get into enough trouble with my 800hp gtr, which is now only a track car, but as they always say...."once a car enthusiast always a car enthusiast".
nothing can stop me doing what i like, so here's how my car looks now, i want to turn it into a stylish fit, NOT VIP nor SPORTY, but inbetween, during the winter months i WILL NOT drive my car in the snow as salt and snow will either rust ur frame or the snow will get into places where you don't want them to be. so when it snows, i take the taxi. but other then that this is a daily driver and i do drive it to work everyday.
please view the pictures!

@ night

By the sEa

>>i need those floor mats !

Old 01-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Hi everyone, We want to thanks everyone that entered the Fit of the Month contest. If you haven't entered yet there are a few more hours left.

We will announce the winning entry this Friday!

Old 01-19-2008, 04:20 AM
maybe Dojo meant next friday? haha. damn this waiting up all night to find out who won. the suspense is killing me. again good luck to everyone though.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:19 AM
5 Year Member
lol yeah man...

Old 01-19-2008, 10:24 AM
iHardpark
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
maybe Dojo meant next friday? haha. damn this waiting up all night to find out who won. the suspense is killing me. again good luck to everyone though.

hahaha tell me about it. i keep going the site everyone once in a while to check and still noting

Old 01-19-2008, 02:42 PM
December 2007 Fit of the Month Contest Winner!

Hello FitFreaks!

Sorry for the delay in announcing a winner. We want to thank everyone that participated in the December Fit of the Month Contest.

We had a lot of great entries this month that made picking a winner very challenging. After careful deliberations we have picked a winner!

We loved the great photos from towelie and FELIXY69; the entries from pokems23, kgraham11, aejazz, rreyes99 and others showed how the Fit can be used for so many different activities.

With so many great entries we are sorry we can have only one winner . The entry by aejazz pushed them over the top with the detailed photos of adventures they've had with their Fit.

Again thanks for all the great entries and participation. Stay tuned for some of the interesting things we have planned for the FOTM contest in 2008!

Congratulations to aejazz!

Dojo

Old 01-19-2008, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
congratz

Congratz aejazz!

Old 01-19-2008, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
Way to go aejazz! Congratulations!

Old 01-20-2008, 01:09 AM
congrats on the win aejazz!!!! better luck for the rest of us for next time around.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:00 AM
Well done to the winner.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2008, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
grats aejazz. represent the BOM!

Old 01-24-2008, 12:50 AM
Thanks everyone! There were some great entries so we were pleased to get the nod. We're thinking we gotta trick out our Fit like some of you guys once the kid goes of to college...anyway, good luck to all next time and happy driving!--The aejazz clan

Old 01-28-2008, 12:55 AM
nice ride I just wanna know size tires are those you got on the rims?

Originally Posted by FELIXY69
hey guys this below is my honda fit, owned it for over 6 months and has 13000kms on it, when i bought the car i said to my self...i am not going to mod this as i get into enough trouble with my 800hp gtr, which is now only a track car, but as they always say...."once a car enthusiast always a car enthusiast".
nothing can stop me doing what i like, so here's how my car looks now, i want to turn it into a stylish fit, NOT VIP nor SPORTY, but inbetween, during the winter months i WILL NOT drive my car in the snow as salt and snow will either rust ur frame or the snow will get into places where you don't want them to be. so when it snows, i take the taxi. but other then that this is a daily driver and i do drive it to work everyday.
please view the pictures!

@ night

By the sEa

>>i need those floor mats !