Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

Testing with G-Tech Pro

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ciburri
Guys, I'll admit I am bias when it comes to G-Tech.
My best man is a friend with Jovan, the inventor of G-Tech.
I personally do not have the unit, but I can tell you the man has some serous schools behind him and is certifiable car nut. Cars in commercials are his! Supra and M3!
Unit does not tap into anything except cigarette lighter socket for power.
It measures g forces in real time and performs factual calculations.
G forces measurements in real time replace tire wheel with sensors attached or optical lights. That is stone age now. When they say in commercial that "others tested it and now test with it" is not a BS! That small device due it's operational principles blows away many sophisticated devices and their shear complexity which adds margins of error. Dyno's are great but figures vary due to it's efficiency. Driving a car on rollers does not factor in real driving with wind resistance, ram air induction, intercooling,.......... This gadget does! Big fans on dynos prevent overheating, but do nothing for efficiency.
The only biased information you need to enter is vehicle weight for horsepower calculation. Do it at the weight station and adjust accordingly for fuel loads and you will be right on the money. Do not cheat otherwise calculation will be off! If you do not feel like disclosing your body weight, just include it in the weight of the vehicle and fuel! LOL!

So what you're sayings is that it's relatively accurate??

Old 10-30-2007, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
IMO, the unit with smallest margin of error.
Right out of the box it will give the most correct acceleration, braking and G's measurements.
Fact - temperature, air pressure, wind direction, vehicle and individual's driving runs are changable variables - unit's calculation of G's in real time is consistent. It never changes.
To keep your measurements of added parts as accurate as possible, do two runs in opposite direction and calculate the average. Also invest in a digital thermomether with barometer. Try to make your runs with different set up's under the same weather conditions. If you can, run different set up's within minutes of each other. I say if you can, because it is not like header can be pulled in and out like air filter options.
Ohh, one more thing. Adding parts on top of other parts will sometimes hurt performance. Sometimes parts are not made/tested in developments with each other! Keeping a good balance between intake and exaust will do more for performance and driveability than going extreme with one and not the other. Only self variable parts can give you top and and bottom end torque on NA engine. With that said, I can't think of any at the momet! LOL! The smaller the engine the greater the problem -no torque! We are forced to set goals on what we are trying to tune it for. Either good low and mid end torque or top end horsepower.
You are going in right direction! You have the right tools to keep testing! Keep going and you will find what best works for you!

Last edited by ciburri; 10-30-2007 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:13 PM
Smile G tech

Question....where can I purchase this G-Tech guide tool? I would like to monitor my Fit's actions as well! Thx

GD3blaze07'

Old 10-31-2007, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Since you are in SoCal you even have an option to pay them a visit in their offices in Santa Monica, check the unit for yourself and talk to them in person!

GTech-Pro Company Information

Old 10-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Kool

Hey man...thanks for the information.

GD3blaze07'