Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

AUGUST Fit Of The Month Contest!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 02:25 AM
My FIT!

Here it is! My first “new” car.

My girlfriend & I bought the FIT for a lot of good reasons and we are fully satisfied with this incredible car. But most of all, cargo space was really important for us. We love outdoor activities and travel a lot during summer. Every year in august we go camping with friends for a full week and we managed to fit everything we needed in this great car. When I decided to build a hard cover for my 6x9 speakers & to put that huge sub enclosure under it… the key words were “easily removable”. Since the amplifier is mounted to the back of a seat, all the rest can be taken off in a few seconds.

With my girlfriend about to give birth to my son, we will really enjoy the fit and its versatility. A GPS navigation unit would be a great improvement to our car.

I really like the blue led dome light but it’s not really bright. My next improvement will be to install blue cathodes or LED strips underneath the dash. Since I got that can of vivid pearl blue paint, I’m also thinking about painting some plastic parts of the doors too. But I’m still not sure, maybe it would be too much. I like subtle modifications. Of course I’d really like to put a nice set of wheels on the car but with the baby coming I have to stick with un-expensive mods and DIY projects.

I really enjoyed building the cargo cover. It gave me a great opportunity to spend some time with my father (since I didn’t have the required tools) and I’m really proud of the end result. Making the leather shift boot was fun too. Modifying this car has become a hobby and the Fitfreak forum is a great source of inspiration.

Modifications details

-50% window tint in the front. 5% Limo Black all around the back.
-Pioneer DEH-P6700MP radio w/ remote control
-Scosche FIT dash kit
-Pioneer CDIB100 I-POD Adapter
-I-POD Nano 4Gb
-Honda seatbelt shoulder pads
-Blue LED Dome Light
-Spoon Sports Shift Knob
-Homemade Leather shift boot
-2 JBL 5 ¼ speakers in front doors
-Crossover w/ Soundstream tweeters on dash
-Homemade hard cover in the trunk
-2 Infinity 6x9 speakers on hard cover
-Custom painted “Vivid pearl blue” speaker grills
-vented Punch 12” subwoofer
-Rockford Fosgate amplifier mounted behind seat.
-Sub & Cover are all easily removable
-Clifford Car Alarm

Thank you and good luck to everyone.
Alex

Last edited by fx_lab; 09-05-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:19 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member

XZIBIT PIMP MY RIDE!
"What a piece of Fit!"

The guys at GAS just didnt like it!
I didnt think it was that bad?

in Process!
"We have to get this car looking Minty fresh!"

"Normally we go CRAZY on Cars, but we decided to do JDM on this one"
"Were going to be putting all the high horsepower parts on this ride. First we got Digi Dave putting on a Supercharger, Header, and exhaust!! What good is going fast if you cant stop? so Cabe is going to be upgrading the stopping power to DRILLED and SLOTTED Rotors with High performance Brake pads. Chris When you brake youll almost fly out the window! Mad mike is going to give you some MAD handling components with Coilovers, all kinds of chassis bars"

TADAAAAAAA!

Mad Mike Showing the Wheels.
"We hooked you up with the Rays Gramlights wrapped in Yokohama Tires! We also threw on the must Have JDM goodies for you! JDM window visors, JDM coin tray, JDM taillights, Black housing headlights All you need is to start learning japanese! We were going to install a GPS system in your Fit, BUT we thought FitFreak could help you with that!"

THANKS XZIBIT FOR PIMPING MY RIDE!

Old 09-04-2007, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
wow. funny ass post chris. lol

Good luck to all!

Old 09-05-2007, 02:53 AM
Hello, my name is Arlene, and I purchased my Base Fit in June 2007. I was aiming to purchase a Civic Hybrid, but I saw this Fit at the dealership and immediately had a change of heart. I had to reevaluate what I really needed the car for, and that was to get me to work and school. The Fit had plenty of room, low emissions and was much cheaper. Buying the cheaper car would allow me to have more money available to pay back my student loans. I am a first grade teacher and 1 year away from getting my Masters in Education and teaching credential. The Fit serves all my needs as it gets great MPGs and has plenty of cargo space. The cargo area gets great use when I am picking up school supplies for my "little monkeys."

On my drive to school, my Fit's stock stereo keeps me entertained on the traffic plagued 405. I do have a second hand 10" Polk Audio/MOMO subwoofer, but I am saving up to buy an amplifier for it. I am currently in the process of adding the MP3 port to the console (Thanks to the Fit Freak community for having great write-ups on this) since it will be quite some time before I can get my hands on a new headunit and the in-dash kit to go with it. For now, an FM modulator is used to connect my iPOD.

The A/C system is one of the most crucial parts in my car since the valley reaches triple digits each summer. I added protection from the sun by adding 15% tint and a set of Mugen visors. I took off the stock base wheels in favor of Fit Sport alloys. A neighbor gets Factory Honda Parts for wholesale so I ordered and added some OEM mudguards and all season floor mats. My friend who took the night shots of my Fit was kind enough to let me sport his White RNRs for this contest. Seeing all these heavily modded Fits became a little intimidating, so we thought it would bring some attention to my post. Too bad I can't keep them, they look great!

A GPS would get really good use in my car, since I have absolutely no sense of direction. I do keep a map on hand, however I have a hard time understanding it most of the time. For now, mapquest printouts are all I have to get me to the beach. Thanks for reading and good luck to all the entries this month!

Big Props to KG for the pics!

Last edited by $h!tFit; 09-06-2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Unhappy Attempt to enter contest

Dear contest administrators: My friend and I make a valiant attempt to enter your contest, but we do not have "image hosting services." We couldn't figure out any other way to get the photos to you. If we are still eligible, please let me know how we can apply. You can email me at Chiropterophile@aol.com or phone me at (510)843-0620 or (510) 368-4606 (cell).

Thank you for your time and energy in responding to our request,

Maggie and Batmam (proud fit owners)

Old 09-05-2007, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
Go to imageshack.us , then upload your photos. After uploading your photos their is a link all the way at the bottom of the page. It says something like link directly to picture or something like that. Copy that link. When you come onto fitfreak, hit respond, when the window comes up to respond you will see what looks like two little mountains with a sun. Click on that little box and paste your link that you copied from imageshack.us

Old 09-05-2007, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
I really like fx lab's post, goodluck mang... ... ...but.. ... ... ... chris's is just funny as hell! gl guys

Old 09-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Thanks everyone for participating in the August Fit Of the Month contest. We are really close to picking a winner who will be announced tomorrow!

D

Old 09-05-2007, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dojo
Thanks everyone for participating in the August Fit Of the Month contest. We are really close to picking a winner who will be announced tomorrow!

D
i cannot Wait!

Old 09-06-2007, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
Fit Contest

Well this month work has taken over my life so I didn't have alot of time to make enter this but hopefully I can squeeze in at the last minute here.
As for the ICE in My FIT well there is none as of yet. Still rock'n the stock Base stereo. But future plans are heading towards some kind of fake rear floor with Amp rack and subs built in. Car Puter in the dash new speakers all the way around. A new gps would sure complement that. Well here are some pics of the current mods and one of the possible future.

Some new shoes :

Zeta dead pedal

Door Sills

Car as of right now.

The Carputer Photoshoped

That pretty much sums it all up Good luck to every one.

Thanks Fitfreak for the contest.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:06 PM
The judges are going to have a tough one with all the great submissions. Good luck to all !!!!

Old 09-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Despite helpful hints from the other freaks, I couldn't figure out how to upload and send my photos to you from photobucket. So, here's the text of my contest entry:

I am an ICE virgin. With my old Honda, if you wanted air-conditioning, you wore a wet T-shirt and cranked down the windows. If you wanted tunes, you belted them out at passersby acappella. But I am inspired by my new Fit.

Fernando of Car Craft and I installed cool, protective racing stripes on the sides and my 83-year-old father got fired up to help design and build cow catchers to protect the front and back bumpers. As you can see from photo #1, we're still in the R&D phase. We're anticipating a major production issue because hack saws, and any other pipe cutting implements, are contraband in Dad's Skilled Nursing Facility.

I've lived all my life in the San Francisco Bay area and always know where I am and where I'm going, but I will be moving soon to the majestic Pacific northwest. On more than occasions than I care to admit, I find myself driving in circles up there. Favorite cousin Henry is getting tired of talking me home from the dingleberries. Photo #2 is of me and Violet and Melanie pugs, loster than lost.

Please save me. The only ICE I've ever wanted is a Garmin. (Photo #3) In case I'm not working it hard enough, today is my birthday. My birthday wish is to know where I'm going. Award me a Garmin before Snidely Whiplash gets to me. Please hurry.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:09 PM
And the Winner IS?

Hello FitFreaks!

We want to thank everyone that participated in the August Fit of the Month Contest. We were worried that no was interested or that everyone was on vacation this month.

Fortunately we got lots of entries later in the month and have had a very hard time picking a winner. We wish could give everyone that entered a GPS unit but we have only one .

JDMChris impressed us with his "Pimp My Ride" entry, lilcat posted some great Hi Res pictures, Sugarphreak wowed us with the magazine feature entry and GreyGang showed us how many greyhounds could fit in a Fit and that they know how to drive!

Now we have to name the winner. The entry that got the most points and made us laugh was posted by...... Pokems23!! Winner of the August Fit of the Month contest. We really liked the before and after pictures and how he used many of his friends to pull it all together.

Thanks again to everyone that entered. Maggie we are very sorry that you were not able to enter/post pictures for this months contest. You all help to make FitFreak a great community on the Web.

Dojo

Old 09-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Congrats Pokems23,

I had a feeling you were going to win after I saw your entry, very well done! It had me laughing pretty good!

Old 09-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Congrats Pokems23, great entry!

Maggie, I used photobucket to post my pics, PM and I can help you with it for the next contest. Or you can try use this writeup found on FitFreak: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...res-forum.html

Last edited by $h!tFit; 09-06-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:17 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
August Fit of the Month

I just got home from a long day at work and... WOW!!!!!! Thank you FitFreak.net for choosing my submission! Thank you to everyone for the positive feedback. It was a pleasure competing with all the other submissions. I was intimidated by Sugarphreak's first post early in the competition (creative work Sugarphreak). This prize will help me a GREAT DEAL while driving. Thank you again FitFreak.net!

Old 09-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Congrats on the win!

Old 09-10-2007, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats to everyone, and especially pokems23 on the win!

I guess my Stealth Fit slipped under the radar.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Are you guys running a September contest? I was thinking something like this

lol, just kidding. I made this in advance for last months contest before I found out it was for ICE lol, this time I am waiting for the contest to be announced. At least this way you guys can still enjoy it

Old 09-13-2007, 04:42 PM
No September Contest? Maybe we'll see full nudity this time around...Postem' up Fez!

Last edited by $h!tFit; 09-13-2007 at 06:00 PM.

Quick Reply: AUGUST Fit Of The Month Contest!!