Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

Fit Drift

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Fit Drift

When you guys are racing, do you ever drift? Either handbrake or not. I really have to stop watching Initial D, it makes me want to try but i just dont want to break my car.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:39 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
you cant

you need an awd or rwd car to drift you lift up on your ebrake your just gunna slide if or flip lol dont try it lol if you watch inital d enough and actually know about the cars they use than youll notice everytime there is a civic eg or any other front wheel drive car racing they dont ever drift its for a reason so like i said the only drifting youll be doing is in the snow or in the rain and itl be nothing but a slide sorry dude

Old 06-05-2007, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
ahh winter

I mastered the ditch drift one time, and then there was the side snowbank drift and then the abs drift into another snowbank. Winter was great that year...I appreciate the info.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:50 AM
5 Year Member
ditch drift? what's that? the gutter run? if so, that's not drifting...

Old 06-05-2007, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
it's when you crash

When you are driving on black ice when its -30C outside and you try and stop but instead, you hit a snowbank, its really fun, and expensive, sometime everyone should try it.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:53 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Halcyon
When you are driving on black ice when its -30C outside and you try and stop but instead, you hit a snowbank, its really fun, and expensive, sometime everyone should try it.
rofl <3 i like this explination

Old 06-05-2007, 01:58 PM
You can totally drift a fwd, but I would not recommend it unless u the masta'

Video - ff drift pretty impressive

Old 06-05-2007, 03:20 PM
You must know that drifting is NOT the fastest way around the corner. Don't get too stuck into Initial D... its just a cartoon.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:00 PM
I used to drift my 92 hatch like crazy before most people knew what drifting was. You can drift a FWD but you are basicly just doing a controlled powerslide, the hard part is trying to maintain your angles and keep your speed up since ebrakeing will obviuosly make you loose your speed. Im sure the hardcore RWD drifters will probly laugh at you for doing it but who cares its fun. But I will admit RWD drifting is a different beast and does require alot more skill to maintain than just ebraking. Mastering the throttle and holding good angles is not trivial. Drifting my s2k was pretty scarry at times lol.

Pjones

Old 06-09-2007, 02:26 PM
drifting with the FF drive cars makes no sense b/c one of the parts drift

judges evaluate is how much smoke there is pouring off of the tires and

that won't be happening if the rear tires aren't spinning like in the video of

the civic hatch drifting

Old 07-06-2007, 06:00 AM
FWD cars don't drift... they drag ass with style
I got my fit sideways sometimes too and its fun, but nothing too serious like a RWD car I WANT A RWD CAR TOO!!!!

Old 07-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Ahh... the good 'ole debate on whether or not a FWD can drift or not. It really comes down to each individual’s definition of a drift. If your definition simply means a massive amount of over steer - then sure, a FWD can drift. A FWD can be thrown sideways and "drift" until it's momentum is used up. I think the problem is, however, that the one sideways motion is all that you can do. You can't stab the gas and maneuver yourself into a series of drifts like the RWD guys can do.

That being said, I could pull some MEAN drifts with the FWD cars on the Need for Speed games. That's just like real life, right?!?

Old 07-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
The Fit is an awesome ass dragger. I have a vid of me draggin. Nothing crazy, just a simple slide. Looks cute.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
F- Dori FTW lol

Old 07-09-2007, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
ive drifted my ride a couple of times, took some practice for me to get the proper angle, speed and maintain control, but i finally done it on the Fit, especially when the road is a little bit sandy.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Here... I uploaded my ass drag. Doesnt look too bad, left it in gear so the exit kinda bogs. :-/
This was at Holler Honda before they transferred all the cars. My Fit looked so awesome the next day!!! Streaks of dirt from the front fender all the way down the side, up the windows, and even on the roof!!

Fit Draggin

Old 07-09-2007, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Sweeeeeeeeeetttttttt!!!!
yo MX6GT89!! nice little drift u did there!!! can u do it again but maintaining dat angle abit longer?? how do u upload vids? cos i tried to upload mine on "youtube.com" but it takes forever and the video file is in ".MOV "

Old 07-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
It does take a while.... That one didnt take long because it was only 5secs.
The exhaust clip took a while.

Im actually pretty good at it. That was just a quick one. I can do it when its dry but I prefer wet so it doesnt put flat spots on my tires.
I like using little business centers. The curbs FORCE me ass drag good. If I mess up I hit a curb.

Old 07-14-2007, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
anime fanboyz. lol

Old 07-14-2007, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
I like using little business centers. The curbs FORCE me ass drag good. If I mess up I hit a curb.
Yea my friend learned that the hard way. He was leaving school in his prelude and floored it try to make a tight turn, w/o ebrake but still slid into the curb. they said he bent the frame, it was bad.

Quick Reply: Fit Drift