Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

JUNE 2007 Fit of the Month Contest - Sponsored by SKUNK2

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Arrow JUNE 2007 Fit of the Month Contest - Sponsored by SKUNK2

June 2007 Fit of the Month Contest! Sponsored by Skunk2 Racing

June's Contest Theme:

How does your Honda Fit fit into your life? Is it your grocery getter, family hauler or weekend auto-x racer? Tell us how you use your Fit!

To enter this contest, please include:

1) Pictures of how you use your fit. Action shots, and pictures capturing you and how your Fit fits into your life. Extra points given for creative photography.

2) A creative write-up on how your Fit fits into your life.

The Goods:

This month we won’t have one winner, but two! If you’re chosen as Fit Freaks Fit of the month for June and you happen to have a Skunk2 product already on your Fit, whether it’s a shift knob or springs, you’ll win a Skunk2 Mega Power Exhaust. In addition, our first-prize winner will also be featured on Skunk2’s website. Don’t have any Skunk2 products for your Fit yet? Don’t worry. The runner up will get Skunk2 Lowering Springs, Skunk2 oil cap, radiator cap and shift knob for their Fit.

Contest is open to stock or modified cars.

Skunk2 50mm/60mm Mega Power Exhaust

Dyno-proven for maximum horsepower Skunk2’s 50mm exhaust is a full cat-back exhaust, not just an axle-back system. As with all Skunk2 Mega Power exhaust, our Honda Fit 50mm exhaust features precision CNC mandrel bent piping, robotic TIG welding, T-304 stainless steel construction, and a deep Skunk2 Mega Power tone.
Removable silencer and all necessary hardware are also included.

* OPTIMIZED FREE-FLOW DESIGN
* HEAVY-DUTY STAINLESS FLANGES
* POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL MUFFLER

Skunk2 50mm Mega Power Exhaust MSRP: $538.65
Skunk2 60mm Mega Power Exhaust MSRP: $565.25

Skunk2 Fit Lowering Springs

Skunk2 Racing Lowering Springs offer superior handling performance and an aggressive stance. The same engineering and quality that goes into our racing springs also goes into all of our lowering springs. Each spring is CNC-wound using SAE 9254 spring steel, shot peen stress relieved, and corrosion protected using phosphate and powder coatings. The result is a spring that offers racecar handling, yet maintains smooth and comfortable ride characteristics. Skunk2 Lowering Springs lower the Honda Fit approximately 1.8” front and 1.4” rear. Includes two front and two rear lowering springs.

* SUPERIOR HANDLING
* AGGRESSIVE STANCE
* EXCELLENT RIDE CHARACTERISTICS

Skunk2 Lowering Springs MSRP: $200

Skunk2 5-Speed Shift Knob

Skunk2 shift knobs are machined from stainless steel and feature a PVD titanium coating that resists scratching and wear. Each shift knob is custom-weighted to 440 grams. The added weight of the shift knob helps promote smoother and more positive shifting.

Skunk2 5-speed Shift Knob MSRP: $49.21

Skunk2 Oil Cap

Skunk2 billet oil caps are CNC-machined to be extra lightweight. Each oil cap is fully polished and features a contrasting, acid-etched "S2" Racing logo.

Skunk2 Honda Oil Cap MSRP: $49.21

Skunk2 Radiator Cap

Skunk2 Radiator Caps increase internal radiator pressure, thus physically raising the coolant boiling point and increasing cooling efficiency. The open valve pressure is 1.3kg/cm compared to the normal 1.1kg/cm. The Skunk2 radiator cap works equally well on street or track applications.

Skunk2 Honda Radiator Cap MSRP: $29.26

Thanks again to SKUNK2 Racing for sponsoring our June Fit of the Month Contest!

And Now..

For the Winners!?!?!?!

Check out the winners' page on the SKUNK2 Racing site:
Skunk2 - Honda Fit

And also see the announcement on our forum:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/car-...tml#post153738

Congratulations everyone!

Last edited by robwahoo; 07-17-2007 at 10:05 AM. Reason: add link to SKUNK2 Racing
Old 06-03-2007, 01:29 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member

MODS:
  1. HID Headlights (6000K & Disabled DRL’s)
  2. HID Fog lights (3000K & independent fog light operation)
  3. LED 3rd brake light
  4. LED rear tail lights
  5. Tint
  6. Snow tires on 14 inch rims
  7. Carbon Fiber Engine cover
  8. T1R Carbon Fiber B-Max Air intake
  9. LED interior lights
  10. Asimo Astronaut
  11. JDM passenger side sun visor
  12. JDM red hazard light
  13. "Dot-It" Courtesy light
  14. Glove box light
  15. LED exterior lights
  16. Carbon Fiber Spoiler bolt covers
  17. Carbon Fiber Rear Honda “H” Emblem
  18. Carbon Fiber thingy by the driver side windshield.
  19. Mugen Door Sunvisors
  20. Carbon Fiber rear license plate cover
  21. JDM Chrome interior door handles
  22. Zeta Dead Pedal
  23. Pivot Start Button
  24. T1R Voltage Stabilizer
  25. Mugen e-brake cover, blue
  26. JDM “Fit” Door sills
  27. JDM Red Honda “H” Front Emblem
Hey everyone. Here's my slightly modded Fit Sport. My main use for this car is a daily driver. I work 19KM from work so i get great gas milage compared to my previous car, a HEAVILY modded 2000 4Runner. I also play hockey and i use it to fit ALL of my gear. i don't' even need to put the seats up or down!! I'll get some pics tomorrow.

Last edited by Fit of RAGE; 06-25-2007 at 01:28 AM.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:22 AM
contest

MODS:
*mugen shift knob
*tein s-tech drop springs
*removed hubcaps lol (cant afford rims yet)
*5% tint
*removed muffler (cant afford an exhoust yet)

I use my fit to go to work everyday and to support my 3 month old son and my wife. Its great car. My sons car seat firs perfect.Im 18 years old starting of a family, its hard and gets frustrating but it gets better everytime i sit in my GD3. I wish i made more money to put in it but as of right now im still getting furniture for my house. Im a mechanic in the US Air Force so thats what i use my fit for to save the world and support my family of 3

Last edited by thunderalley71; 06-12-2007 at 07:22 PM. Reason: none
Old 06-05-2007, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member
My Fit: Fits The Lifestyle of an Art Teacher

Commute from work...

I'm not
Ford Focused man, I'm Honda FIT!

Fresh wash before the Memorial Day weekend. (Where I PACKED my FIT with a 5-9 person tent, sleeping bag,
UMCP lawn chair, portable serving table, Canon camera equipment, bags of clothes, a cooler with drinks, and much more...)

Mods:

Stock, stock, stock... and more stock! (i.e. None)
(Reason: Trying to pay off my car note in 3 years or less...)

My Fit Story:
After graduating from College last may, and getting hired last August to teach art in a high school, I've had to do a lot of moving and shaking. As a high school art teacher, I've had to aquire large supplies and then some, for my art classes. My FIT allows me the space and aesthetic leisure to do so. Not only does the car look sleek, but it's noticable and FITs the appearance of something an art teacher would drive (a bright orange car).

Additionally, it is the primary color of my school's school colors. Orange (and blue). What a FIT!

Old 06-05-2007, 04:39 PM

This is my new baby. Ive had it for about 2-3 weeks and have done some lil mods to it. Im having a baby in November and i knew my dropped, swappeed and very tight Acura Integra would not be a good choice so I made a decision I dont think ill ever regret and bought my Fit. Also there is a strange coincedence with my cars. The first one was a 93 the second was a 95 and the newest is an 07, Which were all made in March and were all Black.
So far I have,
Lamin-X covers on the fogs
JDM yellow foglight bulbs
Spoon Duracon Shift Knob
Spoon Resivor Covers
JDM Coin Pocket
Skunk2 Lugnuts
And threw on my Si's

Last edited by 007FitNBP; 06-27-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
If at first you don't succeed...

Hey now!

I'm back for the June contest. Brian from OC NY here. Bought my Fit last July and have had a blast with it for almost a year.

Here's a pick when i just got it:

Man the Fit has soooo much room I can even fit a body in the trunk if I have to make a run to the east river

Anywayz... I am a software developer by day and commute 100+ miles round trip. But my drive is much more fun now . Have worked very hard to make my ride unique. I have done just about all of the work myself with the exception of installing custom motor mounts and wiring up my tranny temp gauge (thanks gettinafit). Otherwise it's all my blood, sweat, and tears.

Yes my car is heavily modded(still waiting for that Jackson Racing SC) but i want the TITLE and my baby's picture on the Skunk2 website damnit .

Whatever i can't use i will donate at our next NY/NJ meet.

Peace all! Here's my baby all hooked up!

EXTERIOR MODS
FACTORY SPORT KIT
CUSTOM FRONT BUMBER WITH GRILL MESH FROM CUSTOMCARGRILLS.COM
CUSTOM PAINTED INTAKE MANIFOLD COVER
YELLOW PAINTED FOG LIGHTS
AUSSIE HONDA WINDOW VISORS
OKTANE BLUE WIPERS

INTERIOR MODS
OEM RUBBER FLOOR MATS
OEM BLUE A/T SHIFT KNOB
OEM CARGO NET
CUSTOM PAINTED STEERING WHEEL TRIM, DOOR TRIM, GAUGE CONSOLE, AND RADIO CONSOLE
WHEELSKINS STEERING WHEEL COVER
ZETA DEAD PEDAL AND PEDAL COVERS
CYBERDYNE DIGITAL TRANS TEMP GUAGE IN CARBON FIBER CUP

SHOES/TIRES
BUDDY CLUB P1 RACING 17X7 WHITE 6 SPOKE
BFG G-FORCE KDW TIRES 205/40 ZR17
PROJECT KICKS R40 NEOCHRO LUGS

SUSPENSION
MUGEN STRUT TOWER BAR
T1R FRONT UNDER BRACE
PROGRESS REAR SWAY BAR

PERFORMANCE
MUGEN HEADERS
T1R INTAKE
SKUNK2 60MM CATBACK EXHAUST - I would like that 50mm though
MYTHELOGY CRANK PULLEY
PROTOTYPE A/T MOTOR MOUNTS FROM INNOVATIVE
B&M TRANNY COOLER

OTHER
T1R V2 IGNITION BOOSTER
VOLTAGE STABILIZER
BRAILLE AUTO LIGHTWEIGHT BATTERY
SCANGAUGE II
IX Plugs

Last edited by leonine; 06-15-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:05 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chukwudi

kssshhhhhhh this is gd3 im on the case.....kssshhhhhhh
lovin the serious shot

Old 06-07-2007, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by s0x
kssshhhhhhh this is gd3 im on the case.....kssshhhhhhh
lovin the serious shot
Thanks... +

Old 06-09-2007, 09:15 AM
2007 Honda Fit VBP
17x7 Enkei RPF1s in SBC
205/40/17 BFG G-Force Sports
Skunk2 springs
Spoon oil cap
Spoon fluid covers
Spoon antennae
Spoon radiator cap
Spoon fan switch
Yellow Laminex for foglights
Yellow M-tec foglight bulbs
Debadged Fit emblem
5% window and 20% windshield tint

Here's the story:
I'm really into cars, bigtime! I'm 33 years old and I have a new son. The Fit is my replacement for all my sportscars that I can't put a child seat in. I owned an Integra with a full road race cage and an 02 S2000 when my wife became pregnant. Originally we were going to go through the US Government and have Honda install a switch to turn the airbag off. After further review we decided against this and decided to get a Fit. I started looking and guess what...none to be found. My friend is the parts manager at a local Honda dealer and told me about a blue automatic and a red manual that would be there in about 3 weeks. I drive 25-35 miles one way in crazy traffic so the decision was the VBP automatic. I purchased the car in November of 2006. I drove immediately home 15 miles and put on the Aguzzi wheels from my integra (because I can't leave cars alone). I ordered the Skunk2 springs the next week and that's where it all started. I'm currently on my 3rd set of wheels not counting the stock wheels. So here's my current (as of 2 weeks ago) pictures:

Here's what it replaced......

Old 06-10-2007, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
Christina's 2007 Honda Fit Sport

Hello, I am a 28 year old mommy of 2 and I love my Fit. It is great on gas and very practical. I work about 20 miles from work and I don't have to spend to much on fuel like I use to on my 2007 Camry. The baby seat fits perfecly in the rear and my daughters have plenty of room to bring their playthings. My husband has always had a bug for modifying his cars so once he got his hands on my Fit it was over. This is a great car and highly recommend it......

This is what my hubby sold to get my Fit. He misses his TSX....

Old 06-11-2007, 11:38 AM
My name is Ryan Mahoney and I picked up my 2007 Taffeta White MT Fit about a month and a half ago to use as a replacement daily driver for my Honda S2000. I waited a little over 1 1/2 months as I wanted a white MT with black interior to match the S2000. The S2000 has been built to be my weekend car, track car, show car, whatever. I figured that the Fit would do all of the driving during the week and then the S2000 would be driven all weekend.

I have enjoyed the Fit so much that I now rarely drive the S2000. I tell my friends that if someone offered me the right price for the S2000, that I would sell it and just keep the Fit. I plan to take the Fit to the track when it cools down a little (too hot for the track in Vegas) and also put it into a couple of shows next to the S2000. My g/f enjoys riding in the Fit WAY more than the S2000 as it's more comfortable and easier to get in/out. The only mods to the Fit are tint, Zeta dead pedal, and JDM tails (not pictured). I also plan to lower it, put some 17" wheels on it (white to match the S2000), and put black OEM headlights on.

Here are a couple of pics of my baby:

And two with the S:

(Notice the Plates)

Last edited by Ro_Ja Boy; 06-13-2007 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
So one night, I was just finishing up my blog on the latest Soprano's episode, and my kitten, Paulie Walnuts, asks me, did you know the "Fit is GO!"?

I of course, had no idea, what he was talking about, but I figured I should look into it.

Low and behold I went to the local Honda dealership, and this little white thing followed me home.

So I asked Paulie Walnuts, what he thought of his new friend, and he said he was in love.

I got to wondering, was my new Fit really "Go"? So I thought about it for a while.

I asked the local ricer board of directors for their input.

They thought it was more uber than Gleaming the Cube. Whatever that meant.

So I asked Paulie to ask his friends if they approved.

Big Pussy, Ralphie, Jackie Jr, and Paulie put their heads together and announced, "The Fit IS GO!!!"

The Fit got some new shoes, and some tint and we welcomed him to the family. And once you're in this family, there's no getting out.

Mods so far:

Window Tint 15% sides, 35% windshield
Painted Fog Bezels
15"x8" Konig Next wheels in bronze with Ventus II 205/50/15" tires
Skunk 2 Radiator cap
Painted Engine Cover
Extensive ICE being installed

Old 06-12-2007, 09:02 PM
i was looking for a car that i could fix up but not be too expensive. also i wanted to buy a new car so the fit was an obvious choice for me. since pretty much everywhere else had it for years before us there were a lot of different parts already on the market before i even got the car. and for a small car it was very roomy inside with great gas mileage for those long road trips. as for the tuning side, you can make it look as sporty as any other honda.

mods include:
Mugen style Wide Body Kit
Seibon mugen style cf hood
Seibon cf hatch
Seibon mugen style Spoiler
Seibon cf grill
Yellow Fog Lights
8000k hid kit
jdm third brake light
jdm Clear LED taillights
front strut bar
rear strut bar
front lower tie bar
c-pillar bar
D2 coilovers
Gramlight 57optimise wheels 17x7 w/falken tires
custom dual exhaust
Mugen window visors
Mugen manual pedals
Mugen reservoir cover
Carbon Fiber intake
JDM DC5 type r front seats (black)
4pt sabelt harness
Center armrest
Silver Trim kit
270mm broadway mirror
front/rear dc5 red honda emblems
rear tow hook
Star Shield Clear front bra
Spoon Shoft Antenna
Skunk2 radiator cap
"fit" plate

Last edited by Fit330; 06-14-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:54 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Skunk 2 Fit Contest

Before the Fit, my parents bought me a 1999 Civic EX. I added the whole shabang. Installed full I/H/E and other goodies. After seven years I decided to part with it, because I wanted to buy my own car, so my parent's would stop saying "We bought you a car so you better do what we say." I needed a car that would fit my lifestyle, and most of all start a new project car. I fell in love with the Civic hatch, but there were too many on the road. I needed something new. Something that would represent me. So I bought the first MT Sport Fit to hit Tacoma, WA.

I got married on July of 2006. Of course I brought the Fit, and it came in handy with all the gifts we received.

My full time job is working as a Mentor at an alternative school. All the students love fast muscle cars, so they were making fun of the Fit. I keep on telling them that the Fit is capable of doing so much more like Auto X racing. I'm sure they'll change their mind once I add some goodies onto it.

Gas prices are a pain right now. That's why my wife and I are happy we purchased fuel effecient cars. Her Yaris kicks my but in MPG, but I enjoy driving mine more.

Even though I'm married now, and working two jobs takes up a lot of my time, I still have fun every now and then with the tuner world.

The best part is that I can still be with my two loves... at the same time.

The Fit has done so much for me within one year, so now it's time to give back. A little bling and some rumble to the engine might just do the trick.

Last edited by pokems23; 06-15-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Thumbs up June Fit of the month contest

I am 17 and the Fit is the first car I bought. The first I had was the BMW in the back of my FIt. I been driving my Fit to school and work. The commute to work is about 25 miles, there and back. The Fit is a great car, I love it. It has great mileage, the money it saves me I put back on to the car. Its only fair right? If the you treat the car nice, the car treats you nice =). Although I don’t plan on heavily modding the Fit, I still plan to get a Skunk2 50mm Exhaust, Skunk2 Springs, rims and many more. Maybe this can save me some money so I can be it to somewhere else . So this is how the Fit has fit in my life.

Last edited by its.ryu; 06-18-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Alright.... LOTS OF PICS!!!

So.... My name is Ray. I currently have and will continue to have my 1989 Mazda Mx6 w/ 4WS. Its my first car and Ive had it for almost/over 6years now. The car has been through 3 different turbo setups now and the way I drive isnt so good on the transmission. I go through a transmission once a year. So far Im doing good (daily drivers).

I bought a 89 Probe GT off a friend of mine for $500. Mint, low miles, same platform as the Mx6 so I knew the car inside and out. Did little mods here and there. Car ran a 14.5@98mph with a total of 5 mods and OEM clutch with 115,000miles. Not bad for a daily with AC and still got 26mpg...
Clutch started to slip, I installed an ACT (yes, I installed it) and once I boosted a few gears me being the drive I am; knew the trans would go.
The car was basically too fast for a daily. I decided to sell the car, once I did that I got side swiped by some old man. Long story short his insurance gave me $1200 for my total lose and let me keep the car. I sold the car to a friend of mine for $1100. Moneys rackin up... "Ima buy a car a new car" I said. Something different, hard to find, small, A FIT!!

I put money down at Holler first. They gave me a 2month run around claiming it was ordered and nothing was done. I go to Classic finding out they have no one on the list for 5speed. Put my name and deposit down ASAP. Waited for the last 5speed at Classic till mid/late December.

I basically bought the Fit because the Wagovan styling. I LOVE old weird cars. The Fit IS the new age Wagovan. Also, Im 20yrs old with no credit. Shes me NEW daily. I drive her so much and every time I spend minutes driving her I just love it. I only work 3min away from my house but when I leave to go home I find myself taking as long as possible to get back. 3hr drives sometimes. Going NO WHERE!

Heres what I sold, Mason (yes, a dude. It was a Probe).
This car was so sick!!!! Everything flowed. I loved it!

My all time beauty! Vanessa.

Now Vivian. My new love, and LOVIN' IT!
The night I brought her home.

Less then 24hr make over.

Her stages begin.

Laguna Seca. Yummmy!

The most current.

Rims will be changed soon. Lets just say S2K yellow, its 2 stage.

Mods
Aspec CAI
T1R Volt Stabilizer
T1R Ground Wires
T1R Ignition Booster
Spoon Rad Cap
Spoon Socks
T1R Cat-Delete
Netami Twin-loop muffler

Mugen Front Lip
Mugen Visors
Mugen rear garnish
LED tail lights (ambered top
4300K HID's
Yellowed foglights
Blacked headlights w/ ambered city light. (Me)
Blacked foglight covers (Me)
EuroSport 15x6.5in. 215/50/15's
GSR Fat5's 15x6in. 225/50/15's
TSW Quads 14x6in 205/60/14's (Not finished. Hehe)
T1R V1 Lowering springs

JDM coinholder
Mugen doorsills
15% tint
RoadMate2000 (Navi)

I think thats it. Maybe more?

Old 06-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor
Skunk2 Racing

Wow, some very impressive contest entries. We'd like to thank everybody up-front who took the time to enter the contest, and we can't wait to award the winner at the end of the month.... we already have a couple favorites - they definitely exemplify how they use their Fit! - Skunk2, skunk2.com

Old 06-19-2007, 04:11 PM
so, here it is my '07 NHBP Fit
I don't have much to say, I just thought it would be really cool to be the June Fit of the month
This year was pretty good for me... first, my Gf gave birth to our first child, a healthy baby daughter (best feeling ever) and second winning this contest hehehe *hopefully* jk

my few mods:
window vent visors
xenon 6000k HIDs
yellow foglight films
CF seibon duckbill style spoiler
"16 Red Rota GT3
Spoon Reservoir covers, antenna, oil and radiator cap

Old 06-20-2007, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
My Fit.

I originally bought my Fit for the MPG, but it has come in handy more than a few times.

My father asks to borrow my car frequently now to move furniture and items from his old office to his new office.

My girlfriend had surgery to repair her ACL. So, pretty much she hasd been couped up in her house with her leg in an immobilizer and going stir crazy. I decided to take her out and it was so convenient that I had my Fit. I put the seats in "Refresh" mode and I cheauferred her around town. We picked up some food and went to a local island to eat lunch. It worked out great.

Here is a picture of my Fit at work. Everyone tries to razz me because it is small and they drive jacked up trucks, but then I tell them that I get 32MPG with it and they shut up quick.

I forgot the mods list... heh.
Skunk2 Megnetic Oil Drain Plug
Spoon Short Antenna

Last edited by osborne; 06-21-2007 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Added text.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
getting close to the end of the month. Good luck to everyone!

Especially me.

Quick Reply: JUNE 2007 Fit of the Month Contest - Sponsored by SKUNK2