Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

JUNE 2007 Fit of the Month Contest - Sponsored by SKUNK2

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Talking

Hi All!

This is our First car and we love it. I bought it mainly to carry our newborn baby and daily commuter. The old car I was using has defective seatbelts, has dead radiator fan and looks really old and faded. It was my sister's old car and served me well but I find it unsafe for our baby. I got it from the dealership on Fathers day -- just a week from my newborn's birth. I mainly use it for well.. anything.. my daily commuter, grocery hauler or just for driving around. It is pretty stock at this point but I plan to add a cat-back system and a cold air intake in the future. I'm a noob at cars but I'm learning slowly how things work and how parts work (thanks wikipedia and howstuffworks! ) Below are pics of our car which is gonna be two weeks old tomorrow.

Last edited by tr4q3r; 07-01-2007 at 06:21 AM. Reason: changed photo layout
Old 07-01-2007, 03:28 AM
5 Year Member
My Nighthawk Black Honda Fit fits right into my life, as i have conceived, went grocery shopping to keep my girlfriend healthy, and taking her to all her OB and other prenatal appointments to keep my unborn baby healthy. This last Wednesday, my baby was born, and my Honda Fit provided transportation for my girlfriend to get to the Labor and Delivery center at Seton Medical Center in Daily city. The Honda Fit also provided me with all the space for the baby seat using the LATCH system that comes standard on all Honda Fits. The Fit was there for me and my new family, and any future Honda model i get, I hope it's as good as this model.

I will not forget the day my baby was born using the Fit, and I'm sure he will appreciate the car when he is older as when he comes of age, and the car hasn't been totaled, it will become his.

My Fit fits into my life. How about yours?

Last edited by CuTeBoi; 07-01-2007 at 03:51 AM.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:28 AM
CuTeBoi:

funny how we bought the fit for the same reasons and the same color at that. I'm a little bit disappointed though that my the Fit arrived a week after our baby boy which also has "Anthony" as a second name (he's a junior). I also used to live in Daly City and go to Seton Hospital for checkups.

BTW I noticed that the car seat handle is upright while in the car -- i was told by hospital staff that for safety reason, the handle should be down when engaged inside the car.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member
oh shiz, i'll remember that next time, I had it up because i hate the clicking sound it makes, and didn't want to wake Gabriel up.

Also, he's a junior, my name is also Anthony =P

Wow, this is crazy. Two people with the same name, same kids name, and same hospital.... this is too crazy =P

Old 07-01-2007, 08:16 AM
bow
I'm Gabriel too! :P

Old 07-01-2007, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
why... yes you are....

Old 07-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
why... yes you are....
Hahaha!! That made me laugh.
Id like to know who won? I think its July.... My Bday is soon!!!

Old 07-02-2007, 01:07 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
man i hope i did well... great entries this month

Old 07-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
i would be stoked if i won even a sticker

but the whole package would be better

July 2nd? weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 07-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Former Vendor
After looking over the posts very carefully which was an EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TASK because so many of you went beyond our expectations, we'd like to thank everybody who participated. We'd also like to provide you with some feedback, and comment about each one of your posts because we wanted to make sure that you knew that we appreciated the time you took to enter this months FitFreak.net contest. On behalf of everybody at Skunk2 thank you!

The winners are:

(1st Place) Paulo107 - WOW!! This is whats making judging this contest so hard. Very impressive, and I'm wondering if you should do a contest yourself - "how many pairs of shoes can you fit in a fit".

(2nd Place) itfits12 - Great pics, and definitely fits the contest. You definitely use your Fit.

And because there were so many great entries we just had include a 3rd place winner who will receive a Skunk2 oil cap, radiator cap and shift knob...

(3rd Place) pokems23 - Great ability to story tell, and we definitely loved the images.

Thank you again to everyone that participated!

Toy Yoda - thats a huge load of hockey and possibly camera equipment packed away. Wondering how the 4runner looked.

thunderalley71 - Points for some great pics. I guess working on your fit would be easy comparing to working on a F-22 or F-16.

Chukwudi - Definitely love the whole timeline thing, and you should get extra points for being a High School art teacher because I gave our high school art teachers so much crap.

007FitNBP - one clean shiny fit.

leonine - the Police have been alerted to the East river...haha. We'll have to use that "rear" shot for our website.

User Name - wow, another entry with great pics, and best of all you also own a S2K which is also my daily driver.

mugenfit79 - thumbs up for the husband wanting to modify your car!

Ro_Ja Boy - I wanted a white S2K, but settled on silver. Aside from that the license plates are some of the best plates I've scene!

Sid 6.7 - Lots of great pics, too bad no pics of the Skunk2 radiator cap, but...... (we'll leave it at in homage to the Soprano's last show).

Fit330 - Very impressive photography.

its.ryu - Great choice of future mods.

Mx6GT89 - nice Probe (you don't usually say that often), and really nice/clean MX-6. Also some great pics of the Fit.

sirhc - Congrats on the baby daughter. Night shots are hard, but the best thing is the good vid of the guy getting "check'd".

osborne - MPG is the new keyword. Lot better than an injured ACL.

Kira Yamato - love the JDM pose. I should buy a Fit too. I can't fit my Cannondale in the S2K.

Sugarphreak - Scrolling up'n'down on my mouses roller ball almost gave me virtigo on your new home. I really like the photoshop'd images.

JDMchris.com - hands down the most and some of the best images. If I had a Fit, I'd have to get a white one. Love this Fit.

bow - International!! Singapore!! Wow, to the interior, and once again congratulations to getting married. That is one crazy looking sound system (I.C.E).

Jazz styler - good ole Netherlands, California! We're joking. This one definitely competes on the looks dept. against our Skunk2 fit.

rcantu - We love this post because it addresses height differences, practicality, and especially SAFETY (poor S2K).

cwguy.com - We expected you to have the cleanest car. Oh, and hahaha, love the tree log.

gimme - Hi Neighbor, we're in NorCo. So when will you be dropping off a set of wheels at our office? let us know...haha, joking.

babiixgurl - i'd suggest taking the 210 to the 57, and not the 10, but at least you'll most likely be going against the traffic. That wasn't a Lexus ES330 in your high school parking lot?? My high school parking lot was like a used car lot.

Illusive - yea this contest is going to be a hard one to judge. Thanks

TeamEMC - Well at least you have 4 of you to be able to be a full time dad, have time for your hobby, and to work as a Field Service Engineer by day. Its good to have a friend who's a professional photographer.

baroque - Ok, at first I didn't use my Xbox 360 for about 3 months, and now that I have Xbox live and Rainbow Six Vegas, I waste sooo many countless hours locked away in my room when I should be out on my mountain bike. Thanks Microsoft, and "baroque". haha

MERLYNMUZIK - dual exhaust. Looks clean.

tr4q3r - Congratulations again! Another proud papa. Really like the polaroid style image collage.

CuTeBoi - wow, another good one. Also another congratulations on your 6lb 15oz baby boy.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Banned
Holy cow! Congrats to everyone.

Pretty crazy attention to detail and to show you care when Skunk2 mentioned everyone!

Congrats again and be sure to post pics once the Skunk2 goodies are on!

Kris

Old 07-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the comments. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you sponsor the competition again in the future. Never tried Skunk2 products, but would like to try them out eventually.

Ryan

Old 07-02-2007, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
congrats to Paulo107, itfits12, and pokems23!! great job

Old 07-02-2007, 10:25 PM
June 2007 2nd Place Fit of the Month Winner
well first off, thank you skunk2, as a proud owner im greatful for your awsome products and for you to give them away, next to fitfreak for hosting a great community for these contests to be held, and third to my wife who hands down came up with the idea for that one picture....
it was a tough compitition, there are a lot of beautiful fits in here, and im glad i can join in with them.
no need to say anything else...
my fits getting slammed!!!!

Old 07-03-2007, 12:20 AM
Congrats to everybody!!! thanks Skunk2 for hosting da contest

Old 07-03-2007, 02:14 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Sweet, congrats on the big prize Paulo107!!

Thanks Skunk2 for the comments & contest, sorry for the dizzyness

Old 07-03-2007, 04:59 AM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
skunk 2

Wow!!! Thank you so much for including me in the top three. I never new getting third place could feel so good! Thank you Skunk 2 for hosting this competition. It always inspires me to continue my hobby in the autoworld.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:55 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
holy cow i just came to work and found out i won!!!!!!

Old 07-03-2007, 08:23 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats to all , And thanks Skunk2 for sponsoring Fit of the Month

Old 07-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Retired Moderator
Congrats to the three winners! Well deserved! Thanks to Skunk2 for sponsoring this month's FOTM.

So when is the July one kicking off? I'm itching to get my foot back in on these contests

Quick Reply: JUNE 2007 Fit of the Month Contest - Sponsored by SKUNK2