Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

JUNE 2007 Fit of the Month Contest - Sponsored by SKUNK2

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 12:33 PM

Hey guys whats up, here's my 07 Fit its pretty much stock as of now, except the awesome mod of hub-cap removal . My plans for the car are Rota Slipstreams, audio, tint, and other look good mods because you aren't going to make a fit fast kekeke . The things i do in it are drive to work, lug around the mountain bike, and drive around the crew. Why should i win? I definitely don't have the nicest Fit here, or even close, but why not start me off in the right direction with a very nice mod to spark the mod-crazy mindset, so i can go crazy from there, and also i need moar HP! my friends in their Spec-V's and WRX's go fast and i can never keep up with them! Im always behind them and get lost and shiz.
So thanks for reading this and good luck to all, but pick me!

Old 06-24-2007, 09:28 PM
June 2007 2nd Place Fit of the Month Winner
well heres the story, i bought the fit in reguards to technical failure of my prior vehicle. but since ownership i dont see myself straying away from hondas.
first we can start by showing some pictures of my fit as is today...

then we'll move on to what we spend most of our time doing driving...

she entertaind me for hours with that mp3 cd capability...

also usually i drive with the windows down but we are in fire season in reno so i let her filter my air...

then she brings me to work usually twice a day both at ups in the morning than starbucks in the afternoon...

than during my off time the fit does her best to cope with my extra activities, like movie night...

or to stop and glance at the beautiful view...

than maybe she'll hold my bike to a trip up to the hills...

than just well you get the idea...

in all of six months time i have used the fit for all sorts of things, as well as the obvious of driving her. the gas mileage is great and gets me to work hastly, since both of my jobs are no where near where i live. she also does well in storing all the things ive put in her from groceries,

to an entire move about three months ago where she was jam packed with boxes to the cieling, which i wish i had taken photos of. but anyway shes a great little daily driver that looks good and sound fast. and as for mods, and all that goody list of stuff well, just look and see.

thanks for taking the time to read my post.
bryan olson of reno nv

Old 06-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
This is my Honda Fit....

Me and my GF share the Honda; we bought it because she is learning how to drive manual and we needed an easy to drive, good on fuel, ridiculously versitile, reliable & sharp looking car.... there pretty much isn't another car out there that fits that wrap!

We were driving this (see picture below). This was my baby before. Soooo hard to give up.

Things I like do to do with my car and how it fits into my life:

Well I have have a new-found love to hot-rod

I also need my car to commute to work, and occasionally rub shoulders with Jeff & Dale on the track.

But mostly my car is my ultimate saving tool, we are moving to our first home soon. The jeep was a money pit and the Honda is more like a piggy bank. Hope you enjoyed

Here is a pic of my future home! ETA next Sept!

Old 06-26-2007, 10:37 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
When i heard Honda was bringing over the Fit almost 2 years ago I decided then that I would have one. This car was going to take over the duties my S2000 was covering, which was basically driving me to work and back home. Miles,TIRES, the ridiculous gas prices made it even more of a easy choice about buying one. 2 months before the Fit was released for sale I got the chance to drive one around a autocross track and that sealed the deal. 1 month before the release day for the fit I found out that we were receiving a Tafetta White Sport MT. I jumped on it! We received the car on april 18th, however I could not purchase the car until Honda's release date of 4/20. Thursday rolled around and I went into the dealership on my day off and drove the car home.

This is where it all started. I do ALOT of buying and selling of new and used car parts. The Fit is able to fit Everything I have thrown at it so far. I am a very big wheel whore! I have had to transport 6 sets of wheels, 2 Hoods, 2 exhausts, a couple spoilers, a bunch of boxes, and a lowrider bike. Not to mention that I use the tailgate as a seat alot when parked at meets. Most of the time I dont have any passengers except for maybe 1.

Now stepping into the Fit from a S2000 is a BIG differrence. Now I started with all The bolt-ons, and added a supercharger. This helped to get the power pretty liveable for me. Im pretty happy with the way the car moves. I also have Full coilovers, strut bars F/R, Lower tie Bar and C pillar bar so it will handle on the twisties. The handling is superior to that of my S2000.

My Fit also really captures my personality in the way I modded it. I dont mod my car particularly to what is "in style". I do to my car what I think would look nice and clean. Some may not like the direction I took with my car, but that doesnt really matter to me because I like what I did.

Overall the Fit in its stock form sort of fits me, however with the Mods I have added the Fit not only fits me, it is a extension of me and my personality.

I do everything on this car, The only things I did not install were the Supercharger and the coilovers because they were of course prototypes.

Here is Contanza from the begining
My mods are :
Exterior:
OEM Black Headlights
5000K Bi-Xenon HIDs
ABS Dynamics RS Lip
JDM Style Taillights
CF OEM style Spoiler
Seibon CF OEM style Hood
OEM Honda Access Window Visors
Cusco Tow Hooks
JDM OEM EP3/DC5 Emblems
Custom Black Fit emblem
16inch Rays 57 Optimise

Suspension:
Megan Racing Track Coilovers
J's Racing Front Strut bar
J's Racing Rear Strut bar
J's Racing Lower Tie Bar
J's Racing C-Pillar Bar

Interior
Skunk 2 Shift Knob
Custom Type R Shift Boot
Curious George
Hanging Boobs

Engine
Megan Racing Header
Megan Racing Down pipe
Megan Racing Bpipe
Tanabe Touring Medallion Axle back
Jackson Racing Supercharger w/custom 290cc Injectors

Pics:

Last edited by JDMchris.com; 06-26-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:23 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
To start off i am going to be a daddy and that is the best thing thats happening for me now. I remember looking around January of last year for a small affordable car and had an eye for the XB, XA and yaris...the Fit was mentioned by my father and no doubt killed the other choices. Since then i have been having alot of fun with it and even have been to a handful of auto-x events with my mildly tuned suspension. i was a 240sx freek and RX-7 fanatic and loved my F/R set-ups. The Fit being my 1st front drive was weird, but not to an extent cause i had friends with hondas and drove them around to see the difference. The Fit for me is a great platform car to tune and dress up cause it has alot of potential. Being the only Fit in south florida that does auto-x is pretty cool too since i have gotten a trophy for 4th place out of 11 at one event. My Fit is a daily driver and grocery getter, not to mention take a pregnant women all around town who does not complain about how my car rides even it being lowered, you gotta love your set-up. Some people drive cars that they dont like...to hell with that crap man cause i love the FIT!!!!!

INTERIOR
OEM SHIFTKNOB
OEM CARGO TRAY
OEM CARGO COVER

I.C.E.
STOCK RADIO
KICKER AMP
KICKER COMP WOOFER 10'

ENGINE
K&N DROP FILTER
SKUNK2 RADIATOR CAP

SUSPENSION
SKUNK2 SPRINGS
GT SPEC F/R STRUT BRACES
FRONT ADJUSTABLE CAMBER BOLTS

WHEELS AND TIRES
FALKEN HANABI RIMS BRONZE 15X7
ON FALKEN AZENIS RUBBER 205/50
STOCK ALLOYS
ON NITTO NT 450 195/50

EXTERIOR
JDM STICKERS
OEM SPORT BODY KIT

ENJOY!!!

130 PAIRS OF NIKES!!!!

NOW THIS WAS A GREAT PIC OF MY CAR!!!!!! LOOK HOW SLAMMED IT IS!!

me and the co-driver on our first run that event...great course!

how i packed those hanabis!!!

one more look of that backside

well this has been the most pics i have submitted...enjoy guys and the best of luck for all those other great looking Fits!!!

oh and here are some more pics i wanted to put:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-db7-pics.html

Last edited by Paulo107; 06-27-2007 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:29 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
oh heres a nice flic of my wife and i

Old 06-27-2007, 01:37 AM
go calgary!!!! good luck!!

Old 06-27-2007, 02:13 AM
bow
Hey yall~
Here's my ride from Singapore!

How versatile can our ride be? VERY!
But before that, apologies and do excuse the long post with tonnes of photos..

Here goes...

When I got delivery of my vehicle... Complete stock..

Type-S With Mugen S-Plus kit

At a charity event...

On the tracks...

Of course, there comes a time when we need to get married... So here's my 'Herbie' getting into the spirit of our White/Pink themed wedding...

After the wedding, it's time for a major makeover for my ICE hobby...

Parts were dismantled and sprayed...

Seats and Roof upholstered...

Finished project, by day...

And by night... 'Herbie' filled with white LEDs on Centre Console, Speedometer, oh well.. everywhere!

Old 06-27-2007, 05:27 AM
Thumbs up

Here are some photo's of my Jazz / Fit.
I am from the Netherlands, ( Europe )
here we see unfortunately not so much Jazz & Fits.
I have the most 'extreme' Jazz of our country.
It is a big hobby also it is my daily drive.
I am member of a couple Honda clubs,
and visit a lot of ( Honda ) meetings with the Jazz.
I even was ask to come to 'time attack' to show my car in the 'Circle of Gold' area at the paddock.
unfortunaltely i was ill that day...
Here are some pics ( old & new ones )
Name ; Evert.
Age ; 35.
Country ; the Netherlands.
Ride ; Honda Jazz Sport GD3.
Year ; 2004.
Color ; Metallic vivid blue pearl.

Me in the car ;

+ Sebring exhaust ;

Latest photo's ( Jun '07 )
+ Flat black rooftop.
Without the 4 doorguard strips. ( removed )

~In Mugen equipment.
~MODIFICATIONS ;
~ INTERIEUR ;
- Mugen badge @ dash.
- Mugen vivid blue mirror cover.
- Mugen seatbelt pads covers.
- OEM Cargo tray.
- Airco.
- Navigatie.
~ ENGINE ;
- Mugen reservoir covers.
- Mugen oil cap.
- Mugen engine number plate.
- Mugen valve cover airfilter.
- Sebring exhaust 2 x 78 mm.
~ EXTERIEUR :
- Background from headlight in vivid blue color.
- Front skirt.
- Rear skirt.
- Side skirts.
- Fog lights.
- Flat black roof top.
- Mugen grill.
- Mugen rooftopspoiler.
- Mugen Professional sticker(s).
- Mugen window visors.
- Mugen door sill plates.
- Mugen carbon license plate + holder. ( for show use only )
- Mugen feul cap.
- Spoon Sports JDM short antenna.
- Door quard strips removed.
- Heating mirrors.
- Al Jazz decals removed.
- Fit JDM badge placed.
~ WHEELS & TIRES ;
- Mugen replica's ; Rota C10.
- Color ; Royal Bronze.
- Size ; 7 x 16 inch.
- ET ; 45. ( 4 x 100 )
- Centercaps removed.
- Metallic blue valve caps.
- Tires ; Uniroyal Sport 2. 205 - 45 - 16 inch.
- + Snowtires for winterseason ;
Toyo Snowprox S952 185 - 55 - R 15 inch. on stock sport wheels.
~ SUSPENSION ;
- EIBACH PRO kit -3cm.
- Four disc brakes.
~ FUTURE ;
- Mugen radiator cap.
- DIY JDM yellow fog lights.
- Metallic blue lug nuts.
- And more.....

Old 06-27-2007, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
My name is Robert Cantu. I'm in Southern California.

I bought the Fit for my wife. We are expecting our first kid in July and I wanted a roomy compact car. My wife can't drive well and already damaged 2 cars (see pics below). Myself being 6' 1" need a roomy car inside but my wife being a foot shorter than me needs something that's not big on the outside. I like less common cars and this was what I picked. Of course the headroom is much greater than the regular cars out there and that's an added benefit when babies are involved. The doors opening wide open are definitely a plus too. The airbags and superb braking are another. Too many pluses in this car. Oh and the ease of parking.

This car is also one of the best mpg cars I own. I don't have pics of myself and the Fit but I do have it with my truck (see below again). That thing gets me 10mpg. lol

I wanted my kid to be stunting a little so I did a few mods. Here's the list:

BMW 3 series HIDs and blacked out housing (ALL BLACK) (pics and 1 video below)

T1R intake
Cusco front and rear strutbars, Comp S coilovers
Spoon 16inch wheels, wing, antenna, reservoir covers
JDM style led taillights
Braille battery w billet mount
J's Racing c-pillar bar, 50RR titanium catback
Mugen window visor and door sills
35% tint all around
Maxxis 205/45/16 tires

here's pics. sorry i'm not a pro at this.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
I own 2 car washes and needed to purchase another car which got great gas mileage and can store a lot of crap in the back. I purchased it in May and have 5000 miles now and really love the car. It really helps me around the car wash and for my blog. As you can tell I did not purchased the floor mats so super base stock.
cwguy.com blog

Old 06-29-2007, 01:35 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
boy do I wish I had pics of my fit with my wife's 8' longboard hanging out the back.

Anyways, my fit is simple. I use it to commute on a daily basis from Lake Elsinore to Ontario. 68 miles round trip. Drop the kids off at school in Corona. Exactly what I bought it for.....commuting.

On the weekends, we often take it to the beach or just put around town. but the one "person" who loves the fit more than me, is my dog...sadie. Her and I will take trips to the lake so she can swim. Other things I use the fit for is delivering wheels. I work for a European Wheel manufacturer. And we have particular customers who require their wheels to be off base colors. that requires me to drive my fitter to OC to have the wheels stripped, then down to Elsinore for powder coating.

Now for the "mods". Ummmmmm, don't really have any flashy mods like alot of others do. I kept it simple because I have a budget. My wife and 2 kids play a role in that budget.

1. PIAA Yellow Fogs
2. Seibon SP Wing
3. 6000 HID
4. Spoon Antenna
5. T1R LED Dome Light
6. REAL JDM Tail Light Assy (yet to be installed )
7. Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's. 15x7 +40et Bronze
8. Fake Mugen Visors

oh almost forgot

9. One off AFE Drop in Filter

I just want to add, it will be waaaaaaaaaay easier for me seeing as I drive thru Norco EVERY DAY!!!

Last edited by gimme; 06-29-2007 at 01:37 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:45 AM
5 Year Member
Hi! My name is Polly. I got my Blaze Orange Metallic Fit in November 2006 as a really early graduation present but it was also because there was no airbags on my very first car, a '90 mitsubishi galant. For my safety, buying the Fit was the way to go! My dad and I drove all the way to Riverside from Rosemead, which is about a 40 minute drive, just to purchase my Fit. I use my Fit daily to drive to work and to school. I take my Fit wherever I go like to the beach, mall, market, friend's house, Disneyland with my family, etc. I just graduated from high school and this coming school year is going to be my first year in college. I'm going to Cal Poly Pomona and I will be commuting. Since I have my Fit, I will save a lot of gas driving about 20 miles to school everyday for the next 4 years. I love my Fit and how great it is for me because it is short all around on the outside, but really roomy on the inside since I'm tiny. After signing up on Fitfreak, I have been making plans for the past months on buying mods like springs, led tail lights, hids, and new rims for my car, but unfortunately, I have not saved enough money for any yet, so as of now, my Fit is completely stock except for the tinted windows that my dad got for me. My Fit to me is like my own moving bubble/room where I can just relax, have some privacy, blast my music, and go wherever my Fit takes me.

This was the night I first got my Fit. This picture was taken at the Riverside Honda Dealer.

I gotta have a picture IN my car

The White Fit is my sister's boyfriend's car.

My Fit and my friends' cars in my high school's student parking lot

She's all nice and clean after a bath

Last edited by babiixgurl; 06-30-2007 at 01:47 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:03 AM
Retired Moderator
Good luck to everyone who entered! Looks like we got quite the bunch this month! I was going to enter myself, but I've been wayyyyy too busy this month and didn't get a chance to take any good pics required to enter. One less guy to compete with haha...looking forward to the June contest, I'll be back in full force!!

Old 06-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Good luck everyone!

Old 06-29-2007, 12:46 PM
these entries are getting better and better

Old 06-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Retired Moderator
so what can we expect for next month's FOTM prize?!?!

Old 06-29-2007, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
HONDA FIT For MY LIFE Contest

Hi! My Name is Tony

The last car I had was a Ford Exploder and once it started to Explode I knew it was Time for a new car. Once I saw the FIT, I knew it would Fit my Life, no pun intended

I’m a Field Service Engineer by Day and Full time Daddy. I also enjoy my side hobby of Car Tuning & Electronics.

So My Fit is a Great Commuter car, Tons of room for two car seats and tons of room for my stuff.

Thanks To My Co-worker Jaymie of jcastrophotography.com for the photo shoot. He says cars are easier to shoot.

Mods So Far:
17" Sport Max Wheels and Tires
Zeta Products Dead Petal
Zeta Prodcuts Door Sills

Old 06-30-2007, 12:08 AM
L.A. Fit

I was one of the lucky ones who got a Fit last year when all of them were sold out before they hit the dealership lots. This is my second Honda. I'm one of the video game reps in Los Angeles. I work for one of the Big three video game console makers. I'll give you a hint - 360. I use the Fit everyday for work because I drive to a lot of the video game stores in the city and do what company reps do to keep the products selling. My fit is mostly stock with a few mods. I constantly get people who ask what kind of car do I have. This car always gets smiles from the curious.

MODS:

-16 in. wheels
-BF Goodrich G Force tires
-Mugen bumper lip (I'm getting it painted next week)
-Fujita Short Ram Intake
-C-pillar and front up strut bars
-Mugen window visors and rear spoiler
-Titanium stainless burnt tip muffler

Old 06-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Thumbs up

i love my fit. it hauls my gear, it's dad's taxi service and it's a blast to drive by myself on sunday morning escapes

Quick Reply: JUNE 2007 Fit of the Month Contest - Sponsored by SKUNK2