Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

Time Attack February 10-11 California Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Time Attack February 10-11 California Speedway

There is an opprotunity for a mini meet for Fits at the upcoming Redline Time Attack this Feb 10-11 at California Speedway.

I mention this for two reasons; one, is because Hasport will have it's K20 powered Fit and Jackson Racing will have it's Supercharged Fit at the event. That is the plan if all goes well with last minute preparations. The other reason is there will be a lot of Magazine and some TV coverage at this event.

There are some areas set apart for mini-meets and it would be cool to see some of you all out there. The new ESPN show Import Racers will be present. Hasport will be giving out T-shirts to some of the participants of the event and looking for cars for future feature magazine articles.

Here is a press release of the event for more information.

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/cp...?idCategory=22

REDLINE TIME ATTACK Cali Speedway Feb 11th TV Deal DONT MISS THIS EVENT
Category: Automotive

REDLINE TIME ATTACK Feb 11th California Speedway w/ CIRCUIT LIFE

Redline Presents the first Time Attack of the 2007 season at California Speedway Feb 11th. We are pleased to announce the latest updates for this event and 2007 series. Come out and see the future of the sport compact industry.

- More Magazine coverage than ever before with C16, TPR, S3, Nissan Sport, Subiesport, DRIFT & Rwd Sport, Modified, Luxury & Exotic magazines covering the action.

- "CIRCUIT LIFE" Brings the best of the sport compact industry together. Circuit Show gives you 9 classes of friendly show competition again with magazine coverage. Circuit Cruise gives show participants the opportunity to be on the other side of the fence and cruise at a decent speed around the track. Circuit Tech teaches both the participant and spectators how to properly improve both you and your vehicle. Circuit Meet gives top forums and clubs the opportunity to have mini-meets within the "Circuit Life" area of the event. Add that to our ever expanding CIRCUIT LIFE Manufacturers Area and you have an event that is becoming a destination of its own.

SEMA will be there to get your input on the Sport Compact Industry and tell you about some brand new programs. Get out here people this isn't your regular event.....This is the only stop in Southern California and then we're off to Montreal, Atlanta, Summit Point, St Louis, and Laguna Seca.

- TV coverage for many events beginning with the California Speedway Feb 11th event being covered by "Import Racers" for ESPN2.

- Top Teams from around the USA battle it out for awards, bragging rights and the biggest contingency program in US Time Attack. Cars scheduled to appear include: XS Power, COBB Tuning, AMS Performance, Turbonetics, MWorkz, Hasport, Robispec, Crawford, JIC Magic, World Racing, Skunk2, Team X, Evasive, Monstor Fabrication, Factor X, Axis, Full Race, Works, GMG, and more. Come out and run against the best tuners in North America. For more info go to www.timeattack.com.

To register for the Circuit Life car show go to www.timeattack.com and go to the Circuit Life section. To schedule a Forum or Club Mini Meet contact me at dan@redlinetimeattack.com or call 661-992-2383

To add your company to the ever growing manufacturers area at California Speedway call me at 661-992-2383. Booth space Starting at $ 200.00

CIRCUIT LIFE MANUFACTURERS AREA for Feb 11th includes

S3 Magazine

C16 Magazine

Modified Magazine

DRIFT & Rwd Sport

TPR magazine

SEMA

Kognition Composites

ACT Clutch

JIC Magic

RPS Turbo Clutch / Brakes

Hawk Brakes

Cobb Tuning

KW Suspension

SWIFT Springs

KAAZ Differentials

TOMEI Japan / KURE

MONSTOR Fabrication

AMS Performance

SKUNK2

NOS Energy Drinks

TOYO Tires

HANKOOK Tires

CUSCO / Nukabe

and more......

Old 02-06-2007, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
This event sounds fun but I really wanna go to see both the JR fit and the k20 fit!!!

Old 02-06-2007, 09:58 AM
is aj-racings fit going to be there...id rather see theirs vs the k20 fit

Old 02-06-2007, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Not sure about AJ's, haven't heard. You may have to wait until the Killer B shootout for that match up.

brian g

Old 02-06-2007, 11:20 AM
i will be there with my fit, but supporting my friend Pat, in his DA.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by brian g
Not sure about AJ's, haven't heard. You may have to wait until the Killer B shootout for that match up.

brian g
whats the killer b shootout? is it for b-segement cars?

Old 02-12-2007, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
When is this kit being released?

Old 02-12-2007, 09:24 PM
I attended this event on Sunday after my solo races in the California speedway parking lot was cancelled due to rain.
I saw ZERO fits in the parking lot.

It was a very good event.

You didn't have to pay to watch the races, but it was 20 bucks to get to the pits and walk around with the teams and drivers and crews and really get a good look at the cars - which were absolutely sick up close.

I also saw Verena Mei, who is on Speed TV all the time - Star Girl Racing, she was looking hot and cheerful as always.

I saw Tanner Foust interview some drivers, he is an announcer on speed tv and a pro drift driver. I did not see BigC, so I was disappointed about that.

Most interestingly though, I got to see the Jackson Racing Supercharged Fit race against the massive k20 swapped Hasport Fit. The JRSC supercharger was very nice looking kit, and I had to pass on a ride in it due to time constraints. The Hasport Fit was quite fast in the FWD division, taking top honors I believe. The JRSC fit was about 6 seconds behind, but did well versus the other cars in it's class.

The Hasport Fit had a stripped interior, and had a fully built k20a motor, probably pushing around 230hp, maybe more.
While the JRSC Fit had a full interior, and a 7 psi SC kit pushing maybe 130 at the wheelos. Hard to say exactly. But, with about half the horsepower, it was doing quite well compared to the Hasport Fit

Oscar Sr. and Jr. were very cool, I was glad to meet them.
The word on the street is that their SC kit is coming out in 2 weeks!
Visit Jackson Racing to see what it is all about.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:32 AM
Anyone got pics or the results?

Old 02-13-2007, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by daviddahlb
Most interestingly though, I got to see the Jackson Racing Supercharged Fit race against the massive k20 swapped Hasport Fit. The JRSC supercharger was very nice looking kit, and I had to pass on a ride in it due to time constraints. The Hasport Fit was quite fast in the FWD division, taking top honors I believe. The JRSC fit was about 6 seconds behind, but did well versus the other cars in it's class.

The Hasport Fit had a stripped interior, and had a fully built k20a motor, probably pushing around 230hp, maybe more.
While the JRSC Fit had a full interior, and a 7 psi SC kit pushing maybe 130 at the wheelos. Hard to say exactly. But, with about half the horsepower, it was doing quite well compared to the Hasport Fit
A couple of corrections here.

The Progress/Hasport Fit finished second to the Hasport CRX in the FWD Street division.

The Progress/Hasport Fit had the rear seat removed, not a stripped interior. The dash was intact as were all the air bags, side panels, front seats and flooring.
We probably weighed 100lbs more than the JR Fit.

Other than port matching the engine is a stock K20Z3 and pulled 197 hp at the wheels on the Curch Automotive Testing dyno a couple of days before the event. For reference that would translate to about 180-185 on a DynoJet. It should have been higher though. The reason for the low number was a malfunctioning VTC. We did not have a chance to fix it due to logistics, so that's how it ran at the event.

I haven't got a copy of the official times, but I'm sure the Jackson Fit isn't 6 seconds behind, it seemed they were only trailing by a couple earlier.

One of the delays of releasing the kit has been a header for the swap. Jackson Racing will be making the header for the swap. In fact they built the header on the Progress/Hasport Fit. That is probably why we were still able to make such good power despite have the cam zeroed out the whole rev range.

Look for release information on this site and the Hasport site in the next 4-6 weeks.

brian g

Last edited by brian g; 02-13-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
So this kit is CARB legal using a K20Z3 and computer and DBW? Or do you need Hondata or some sort of computer management?

Old 02-15-2007, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
I doubt it can be done carg legal easily. But I'm not sure without looking closely at some manuals.

brian

Old 02-15-2007, 05:08 AM
When will the mounts be available?
edit: I've just saw your update here https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-mounts-3.html

Last edited by blackgd3; 02-15-2007 at 05:16 AM.