next shipment from Japan?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 12:49 AM
holy cow that's a long wait...
do you care for the colour?

Old 06-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Not really ... I told the salesman that I'll take any colour available except for orange. I thought this would increase my chance of getting mine but apparently it doesn't matter at all.

Old 06-14-2006, 06:11 AM
5 Year Member
Hey BearSmart...I'll take that orange one!

Old 06-14-2006, 08:53 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Yeah, Manual Sports are a hot item. Unless you deal with a high volume dealership, you have to wait for them. Mine should be here within 7-10 days. The dealership I’m buying from has orders for manual Fits (base and Sport) into November, maybe December by now.

I guess I ordered mine at the right time.

Civic Motors is one of the bigger dealerships in Ottawa. They tend to have 5-6 Fits on their lot, including an alabaster Silver manual Sport last night. No idea which are sold.

Old 06-15-2006, 07:24 AM
5 Year Member
So is there an actual date across North America each month when every Honda dealership should know what has been allocated to them?

If so, does anyone know what that date is this month? I feel like my dealership is keeping me in the dark.

Old 06-16-2006, 01:14 AM
technically they know what they're allotted already...
that's the sense that I got when talking with my dealer

Old 06-16-2006, 07:26 AM
5 Year Member
Hey kennyt...Yeah, my dealer actually called me last night with the bad news that there will be no new manual allocations until likely September because they're so backlogged. Apparently I am first in line at my dealer for the next Orange manual they can find...but it could be several months.

Old 06-16-2006, 06:58 PM
I ordered an Alabaster Silver Sport AT on april 29th at Vancouver Honda... A week later I asked to change it to Storm Silver. The sales guy said it wasn't a problem. called two weeks later and confirmed the color or Storm Silver.. Dealer said yes it was a storm silver... a week ago another sale guy called letting me know the original saleman had left the Dealership and that my car was being built on June 11 and would be delived three weeks after.

I called today to ask about it and again asked about the color and he said it was an Alabaster Silver and to my other surprise that it will be in by monday June 19th

What type of people do they have working at this place... does anyone know what is going on? Anyway, I'll look at it when it arrives and decide if I want to keep it.

If I don't, I'll have to waite another month or so to get my Storm Silver Sport AT.

To keep a longer story short, does anyone have a storm silver sport AT coming into Vancouver Honda that they would like to trade for the Alabaster?

Old 06-16-2006, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit_Andy
I ordered an Alabaster Silver Sport AT on april 29th at Vancouver Honda... A week later I asked to change it to Storm Silver. The sales guy said it wasn't a problem. called two weeks later and confirmed the color or Storm Silver.. Dealer said yes it was a storm silver... a week ago another sale guy called letting me know the original saleman had left the Dealership and that my car was being built on June 11 and would be delived three weeks after.

I called today to ask about it and again asked about the color and he said it was an Alabaster Silver and to my other surprise that it will be in by monday June 19th

What type of people do they have working at this place... does anyone know what is going on? Anyway, I'll look at it when it arrives and decide if I want to keep it.

If I don't, I'll have to waite another month or so to get my Storm Silver Sport AT.

To keep a longer story short, does anyone have a storm silver sport AT coming into Vancouver Honda that they would like to trade for the Alabaster?
Trippy - another Andy in Vancouver buying a silver Auto Sport Fit.

I have an Alabaster OR Storm Silver Fit on backorder at Carter Honda, deposit paid on April 20th. If you're really planning to ditch the Alabaster when it arrives and wait another month, give me a heads up and I'll call Carter to see if/when/ever I'm getting an Alabaster or Storm Fit.

If the stars align with the planets and the moon turns blue, maybe they will swap the 2 and both of us will end up happy.

To be frank, I'm very dissatisfied with my dealership too, and I doubt I can trust them to even give me the right color, nevermind swap colors with someone else. It sounds like Vancouver Honda is just as inept, and I'm not sure if you'll get any bites. Good luck though.

Old 06-16-2006, 11:07 PM
Anybody placed an order or bought a car at Happy Honda??

Old 06-17-2006, 05:05 AM
Originally Posted by crimsona
Trippy - another Andy in Vancouver buying a silver Auto Sport Fit.

I have an Alabaster OR Storm Silver Fit on backorder at Carter Honda, deposit paid on April 20th. If you're really planning to ditch the Alabaster when it arrives and wait another month, give me a heads up and I'll call Carter to see if/when/ever I'm getting an Alabaster or Storm Fit.

If the stars align with the planets and the moon turns blue, maybe they will swap the 2 and both of us will end up happy.

To be frank, I'm very dissatisfied with my dealership too, and I doubt I can trust them to even give me the right color, nevermind swap colors with someone else. It sounds like Vancouver Honda is just as inept, and I'm not sure if you'll get any bites. Good luck though.
Hi crimsona,

It would be great if we could work something out. Considering you ordered your fit before I did. I would think your car would be on the same shipment.

I had talked to the General Sales Manager at Vancouver Honda, who had looked around another dealer that was getting Storm Silver Sport AT's, but all showed up as sold. Your car may have been on the list.

If a storm was being delivered to Carter, it sounded like the dealers could just exchange vehicles.

Let me know if you would be interested in the Alabaster. I was told it's already off the boat and should,ve been in this past Wednesday.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by fit2bowner
Hey kennyt...Yeah, my dealer actually called me last night with the bad news that there will be no new manual allocations until likely September because they're so backlogged. Apparently I am first in line at my dealer for the next Orange manual they can find...but it could be several months.
That's crappy to hear
Do you think your dealer could work through some loops and see if any other dealership will trade ?
that's always a thought to consider

Old 06-21-2006, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kennyt
That's crappy to hear
Do you think your dealer could work through some loops and see if any other dealership will trade ?
that's always a thought to consider
My dealer has said that he will try to trade, but I've been 'staking out' most of the local dealerships and haven't seen any orange ones yet. There seem to be a few VBP ones appearing on lots in the past couple of days, and a couple of black ones but that's about all I've seen.

I just hope that Honda hasn't 'sold out' their allotment of Sport manuals for the 2007 model for Canada already!

Old 06-24-2006, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by kennyt
I didn't really understand the first part of your comment.
However I do agree about the practicality of having an AT. I have driven ATs for the last 4 years - I've gotten sick of it.
However, I think you can still select music, talk on cell and drink coffee in an MT too - you just gotta learn to do it properly.
you shouldn't be talking on the cell in the first place - if you do, buy a headset. that's what I do on my drive to and from work. As for coffee, I drink my first cup in the morning while reading the paper or eating breakfast, and then have another cup at work.
And who needs to select music... just use your mp3 player and select a playlist
Sorry to burst your BUBBLE kennyt but that in the perfect world which you are not in.A lot of mishaps and accident occur by those example.When you live in a city that's a RAT RACE?? ,that's what you'll ber doin.Besides! I was not reffering to myself albeit.Im just simplifying the facts that those do happen whether you win the accidence or not.If i were to get a MT it would be a Bimmer which i have allready so...different strokes for different folks.Btw !!! Before we get out of topic.

Cheers !!

Old 06-27-2006, 12:49 PM
There must be a shipment into Vancouver this week, I have two people that want ClearBra installs for next week.

Old 06-27-2006, 12:53 PM
Fitted next week

There must be a shipment into Vancouver this week, I have two people that want ClearBra's installed.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Finally, after a 1 1/2 month wait without any words/ specific date from the dealer, I decided to switch to another dealer to buy my Fit. And the best part is that I got the build date from my "new" dealer right away ... I'm crossing my fingers and hope to see my fit in mid Aug.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:31 PM
The build date for my SS AT Fit, is July 12th... I was told it should arrive early august. I know from past experience that by the time it gets to the dealer it'll probably be a week later than expected.

Crossing my fingers it'll be earlier than later.

I Posted earlier about the dealer not getting the right color. so, I'm on my second wait time for my Fit